DVC Resale Market vs Time Share store?

peaches0313

DIS Veteran
Hello,
We have used the Time Share store before to purchase our 1st DVC contract. There is a contract at the place we want with the Use Year we want with DVC Resale Market, but I have no experience with them. Are the two comparable? Anyone used both? Thanks!

We used DVC resale market for our second contract, they were fine.

They use First American Title, so if you want a different title company make sure you let them know upfront .

We used DVC resale market for our second contract, they were fine.

They use First American Title, so if you want a different title company make sure you let them know upfront .
They actually use 2 title companies right now. They also use magic vacation title. My understanding is that they simply "assign" the contract to one or the other at the time of listing. However unless the law has changed the buyer has the right to request the title company of their choosing.

Would anyone recommend either of the two over the other (title companies), and if so, why?

Well one thing I like about dvcresalemarket is the clause in their contract that specifies a stiff penalty if points that were avail at the time the contractwas listed are used by the seller during the sale process. It is an $18 per point penalty. No other broker that I am aware of has such a clause in their contract to protect the buyer. Not sure if the would allow you to add it as they are pretty particular about the language in their contracts.

Watch your closing costs on the contract. I found that the closing costs at dvcresalemarket has been less than the Timeshare Store. That should be taken into account.

I think the closing costs should be mainly based on the title company rather than the broker, although some brokers like Fidelity do the "administrative fee" thing. The closing costs on the initial contract are estimates only, so what a broker says on their website/listing may or may not actually be what you pay. As mentioned, you should be able to choose any title company you want if you have had a good experience with a particular one in the past, just tell them before they send them the paperwork.

Would anyone recommend either of the two over the other (title companies), and if so, why?

We had First American Title Company/DVC Resale Market with our second purchase. No major problems. Actual closing costs were ~$25 lower than estimated, so we received a check for the difference after closing. Agent at First American was extremely responsive to e-mail, answered questions within a few hours usually. Overall speed was OK, I have a feeling that they could have processed the paperwork a little bit faster (although I can't say that with 100% certainty), but wasn't a big issue. This was an international seller, so that may have played a factor as well. This was VGC, so deed is recorded in California, not sure if that makes a difference either.

Our first purchase was with another broker (not either of the two in question), title company was a lawyer's office. Also had good experience with them. The title company seemed a bit faster with closing faster, but I can't say for sure. Closing costs were as estimated and did not go over.

I think the closing costs should be mainly based on the title company rather than the broker, although some brokers like Fidelity do the "administrative fee" thing. The closing costs on the initial contract are estimates only, so what a broker says on their website/listing may or may not actually be what you pay. As mentioned, you should be able to choose any title company you want if you have had a good experience with a particular one in the past, just tell them before they send them the paperwork.

We had First American Title Company/DVC Resale Market with our second purchase. No major problems. Actual closing costs were ~$25 lower than estimated, so we received a check for the difference after closing. Agent at First American was extremely responsive to e-mail, answered questions within a few hours usually. Overall speed was OK, I have a feeling that they could have processed the paperwork a little bit faster (although I can't say that with 100% certainty), but wasn't a big issue. This was an international seller, so that may have played a factor as well. This was VGC, so deed is recorded in California, not sure if that makes a difference either.

Our first purchase was with another broker (not either of the two in question), title company was a lawyer's office. Also had good experience with them. The title company seemed a bit faster with closing faster, but I can't say for sure. Closing costs were as estimated and did not go over.

I've compared similar contracts between the two, both back in Feb & recently, and TSS closing costs were $200 more (630 / 425) on the 50pt contracts I was looking at.

I've used both companies and I have no complaints. I used Scot Decker at Timeshare Store, and Scott Kauffman at DVC Resale Market. I like both. The closing may be slightly cheaper with DVC Resale Market, but it's nothing considerable. Also, you could add the penalty for any points that are used during the sale to any contract. It is not an exclusive feature of one brokerage or another. It's up to the seller to sign it. If they don't sign it with that clause, it might be a sign.

There are several reputable resale companies out there. DVCMagicresales and **********, and some others. ..All of them do a good job, I think. It is really a matter of which contract you are interested in, as most of them have a tremendous stake in protecting their reputation.

Fidelity is the only one that charges an additional "administrative fee".. which I dislike tremendously, but the way I deal with it is to offer that much less for the contract that I might be interested in.

Thanks everyone! Our first contract we went through Timeshare Store. This time around I went with DVC Resale Market namely b/c they had the exact contract we were looking for. Contract has been submitted to Disney for ROFR.. let the waiting game begin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter