• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Poly Refurb

Salokin

Mouseketeer
Any idea when this is likely to start and be completed by? We have our first ever Poly stay booked, all being well, for late December / early January and are so excited and particularly for the refurb at GCH etc, just hope everything including any work to the volcano pool is completed by then.

Frankly, I rather expect they will kick it into 2022. Refurbs get delayed a lot and with demand as it is I don't think they will want to take units out of inventory.

Any idea when this is likely to start and be completed by? We have our first ever Poly stay booked, all being well, for late December / early January and are so excited and particularly for the refurb at GCH etc, just hope everything including any work to the volcano pool is completed by then.
Not sure exactly what you mean by "DVC Poly Refurb". The current refurb is at cash rooms, and the refurbs at the common areas are sure to be finished before October 1 (i.e. the start of the 50th celebration).

Not sure exactly what you mean by "DVC Poly Refurb". The current refurb is at cash rooms, and the refurbs at the common areas are sure to be finished before October 1 (i.e. the start of the 50th celebration).

There is a soft goods refurb for the Poly DVC side also.

Frankly, I rather expect they will kick it into 2022. Refurbs get delayed a lot and with demand as it is I don't think they will want to take units out of inventory.

yup, hope they either complete before we get there or delay in full until after we’ve left!

It will be done by then or it won't be done this year. Rooms were taken out of inventory for mid-late summer which probably coincides with the completion on the hotel side and then they'll move over to the DVC side. It's a soft goods refurb and those don't take as long.

If you have a room booked, the soft goods refurb shouldn't have any effect on your trip. The ongoing outdoor construction should be finished by October. I'm praying 🙏🙏 🙏 it's finished by August for my first ever Poly trip (but not expecting it).

I cant find the posts right now but last week several people with August 2021 Poly Studios were moved to resort side due to "room refurbishment". They posted screenshots of the message from Disney in MDE. Nothing concrete but they may begin in August it seems.

Found it:

I cant find the posts right now but last week several people with August 2021 Poly Studios were moved to resort side due to "room refurbishment". They posted screenshots of the message from Disney in MDE. Nothing concrete but they may begin in August it seems.

Found it:

View attachment 583782

Ooh so although they’d lose a microwave they’ll get a Moana themed room, sounds good to me!

This is great news. I stayed there back in April and was surprised at how worn everything looked, especially the carpeting in both the rooms and the hallways. It probably didn't help I was coming from Riviera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter