DVC Member Cruise Sept 2023

deerh

DIS Veteran
Our first attempt to go on a DVC Cruise in Sept, 2023. I know registration is in July (23), 2022. So, my main question is-How much will it cost? (Point wise and $ wise).. I know DVC will announce it, but the WAY DVC announces things LAST MINUTE (ugh), I want to figure it out. I am a planner, and want more than 1-2 days to figure out how to pay for it (points/cash). I know DVC will call you back for full payment after the initial registration, but is there anyway to figure out WAY beforehand the costs?? I have found old member cruise prices from 2018, but it was in the middle of summer, and not Hurricane season like this upcoming cruise is....

Also, can you pay with point/cash combo? Only 2 of us are going. So, was thinking points for 1, cash for another. BUT, that depends on the cost...

Less than 3 weeks away, and would like to plan this out and discuss with DW...

Thanks,
DeerH

Price out the cruise before or after this cruise cash and point. Add 20-25% more to get an idea.
It is much more. You have to decide is the cost worth it.
The trade off is : Being with other members and a gift each day per room.

It is indicated that you don’t have to use points at all. If you want to use points and cash, it must be points for one person, and cash for the other.

This cruise is on the Wish, and that itself will add a premium amount, so, I think 125-150% of the cost of a typical 4 night Wish cruise to the Bahamas.

For me, it’s not about the gifts, but the experience.

Thanks for the answers so far.. So.. Let me see if I understand-Find a cruise on the Disney cruise site, and add 125-150% more for the cash prices for the stateroom we want???

We are looking at Oceanview with Verandah..

Now, how about the point values of that room? 200/p person? 225?? Any guess as to what it would be?

Thanks for the answers so far.. So.. Let me see if I understand-Find a cruise on the Disney cruise site, and add 125-150% more for the cash prices for the stateroom we want???

We are looking at Oceanview with Verandah..

Now, how about the point values of that room? 200/p person? 225?? Any guess as to what it would be?
Find the cruise before or after, same ship. No random pick.

Estimate point value as $6-7 per.point.

Not sure if I follow you on the point value

Please give me an example if you can.. Thanks!
I mean take the price of the cruise right before or after the member cruise, and use that as your base. Estimate 125% of the price per day.

Then divide by 6.5 to get points required.

So, looking at the August 28, 2023 sailing of the Wish, an OV Verandah for 2 people would be roughly $1284pp to start for a cash booking, and goes up depending on deck and verandah.

$1284*1.25=$1605 base estimate price

$1605/6.5 ends up being a rough guess of 250 points.

I'd actually expect it to be a bit higher based on the 2022 point chart on the Wonder: https://cdn2.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...ise/2022_MC_Point_Chart_EN_Final_04222021.pdf

Last edited:

I mean take the price of the cruise right before or after the member cruise, and use that as your base. Estimate 125% of the price per day.

Then divide by 6.5 to get points required.

So, looking at the August 28, 2023 sailing of the Wish, an OV Verandah for 2 people would be roughly $1284pp to start for a cash booking, and goes up depending on deck and verandah.

$1284*1.25=$1605 base estimate price

$1605/6.5 ends up being a rough guess of 250 points.

I'd actually expect it to be a bit higher based on the 2022 point chart on the Wonder: https://cdn2.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...ise/2022_MC_Point_Chart_EN_Final_04222021.pdf

Thanks so much for your estimate. This is what I have been looking for to "get ready and decide" for the DVC Member Cruise!! NOW I can estimate/figure/calculate which is better- a point usage or cash price. You did say I could split it up- 1 person cash/ 1 person points? That is exactly what I was looking for..
Thanks SO much!!

I'd assume closer to 300 points, TBH.
I hope it is not that high. That seems very high for a 4 day cruise. But we shall see..
When does DVC announce the points/cash chart for a DVC Member cruise? Is it 2 weeks out? 1 week? 1 day? Any Idea? I don't know WHY DVC waits till the last minute to do things... You know that they know the price chart now 3 weeks out. Why the delay? aka.. Emails for Moonlight madness, 1 day before, and Previews of new rides 1 day before.. I just don't get it..

I hope it is not that high. That seems very high for a 4 day cruise. But we shall see..
When does DVC announce the points/cash chart for a DVC Member cruise? Is it 2 weeks out? 1 week? 1 day? Any Idea? I don't know WHY DVC waits till the last minute to do things... You know that they know the price chart now 3 weeks out. Why the delay? aka.. Emails for Moonlight madness, 1 day before, and Previews of new rides 1 day before.. I just don't get it..
Generally between 72-24 hours out. Not a lot of planning time. They want impulse and FOMO.

Another way to guess is to look at Disney Collection charts and add 33% to the Value season rate.

So start here: https://cdn2.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...s/cruise/2023-WISH-4N-Bahama-P2-4-27-2022.pdf

Puts a Verandah from 220ish (166*1.33). Probably lands around 225 if I had to guess Price Is Right style.

As a point to compare, a 6A unit on the 2022 MC to Alaska was 585 points. The range to swap into a regular Alaska cruise in similar dates was 406 points. So the DVC point increase requried was 144% of a standard cruise.

Last edited:
I doubt that we'll do this cruise because it will probably be way out of affordability for us, but not having to pay for at least one passenger with points got me thinking about it. If we charged it to our Disney Visa, we'd have 6 months to pay with no interest, right?

I doubt that we'll do this cruise because it will probably be way out of affordability for us, but not having to pay for at least one passenger with points got me thinking about it. If we charged it to our Disney Visa, we'd have 6 months to pay with no interest, right?
Yes, but for one recent DVC MC, it was coded wrong at first. It took a lot of back and forth with Terry and Chase, but eventually it got coded correctly.

My husband and I were originally on the Wish Maiden cruise. Only I was also going to do the DVC charter cruise. The Maiden was changed to a date unacceptable to us. So, I’m pretty sure we will go on next year’s MC so DH can sail the Wish!

Yes, but for one recent DVC MC, it was coded wrong at first. It took a lot of back and forth with Terry and Chase, but eventually it got coded correctly.

My husband and I were originally on the Wish Maiden cruise. Only I was also going to do the DVC charter cruise. The Maiden was changed to a date unacceptable to us. So, I’m pretty sure we will go on next year’s MC so DH can sail the Wish!
Ooo yes, now I remember the problems you had! Thanks!

I’m pretty sure it was the 2021 DVC MC that was incorrectly coded and in the end, it was cancelled, so money and points were returned. It was to be 5 nights, Western Caribbean in June and this was the point/money chart

B15CD26F-BD8E-42CD-A2F2-61689E7D8466.png

It was cancelled

BEDA4321-5FB2-40F2-B8D8-3E9F3D1C0747.jpeg

So, for this cruise (DVC Member cruise) can you split the points/cash? Pay for 1 person points, the other cash?

Thanks so much for helping me "guesstimate" the point values/cash rate. I just despise how they only give you 24-48 hours to decide how to pay for it. So weird!

I know its not the 'best use' of points, but we kinda got free points from a stay at BWV in 2021 due to a leak in the ceiling, and they credited our whole stay for the week, so we figured we might as well use the points, as we have an overload of points to use soon. So, basically a "free" cruise for one person at least from the misfortune at BWV....

We will at least TRY to get on the Member Cruise...We have had no luck of date as we did not get on the preview of GOGR, and no luck on Moonlight Madness this week at AK for Fall 2022...:headache:

I’m pretty sure it was the 2021 DVC MC that was incorrectly coded and in the end, it was cancelled, so money and points were returned. It was to be 5 nights, Western Caribbean in June and this was the point/money chart

View attachment 680648

It was cancelled

View attachment 680649
Thanks for the chart. It helps... BUT, all the charts I have found (only 1 past Member Cruise) was during prime summer. This one is Hurricane season. I would think the charts would look a LOT different.. Also, this is 5 nights.. But thanks for finding that!

People wanted a cruise that their children could go on. This was in answer to that. Notice the 358 price for the least expensive cabin and above @_auroraborealis_ came up with around 300 for the Wish. I think it will be something between that.

We HAD a true hurricane on the 2019 DCL MC Bermuda cruise.

0879FE0C-7A70-4299-9C1A-EB6144A61593.jpeg

So, for this cruise (DVC Member cruise) can you split the points/cash? Pay for 1 person points, the other cash?

Thanks so much for helping me "guesstimate" the point values/cash rate. I just despise how they only give you 24-48 hours to decide how to pay for it. So weird!

I know its not the 'best use' of points, but we kinda got free points from a stay at BWV in 2021 due to a leak in the ceiling, and they credited our whole stay for the week, so we figured we might as well use the points, as we have an overload of points to use soon. So, basically a "free" cruise for one person at least from the misfortune at BWV....

We will at least TRY to get on the Member Cruise...We have had no luck of date as we did not get on the preview of GOGR, and no luck on Moonlight Madness this week at AK for Fall 2022...:headache:
This year's 2022 MC is equivalent in many respects to a hurricane season in the Atlantic for schedule. The last several AK sailings are considered the least desirable for a number of reasons - snow is gone, if you want dog sleds or a glacier landing they are not going to happen, many excursions are done for the season, school is in basically everywhere. So on a "desirability" basis, doing an AK MC end of season aligns well with "stinking hot and storms" for the Bahamas.

As far as FOMO. They charge you all right away, but you can cancel for full refund. So, I think they allow for people to say to themselves “what have I done,“ and get out of it.

We could be headed into a recession, and I do hope they continue that prerogative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter