DVC laundry rooms

Wow you’re more patient than I. The maximum I will wait is 15 minutes. There’s no excuse imo, the machines show how long they have remaining - they are sometimes out by 5 minutes or so. Most of the laundry rooms allow you to monitor the timer remotely and receive a notification (LaundryView.com/disneyworld). I’m always down before my cycle ends to get my stuff out for the next person. My view is that if someone can’t be respectful enough of fellow owners’ vacation time, then they’ve lost the right not to have their clothes handled by someone else. If they’re that precious about it, they should be at the machine when it finishes, or soon thereafter! I’ve never understood why it’s such a hot topic - the machines only take 30 minutes, so just come back after 20 - it’s just 10 minutes of time and will likely save several other members from coming back and checking.
So I was at SSR at one of the quiet pools doing my laundry. I always set my alarm and stay at the pool. So my alarm goes off, I get up and walk in and this lady was taking out my clothes. She had to have been standing there waiting for it to stop. I kind of freaked out on her and said that it JUST stopped and what the heck? I also hate that people leave their clothes in the machines for hours so I never do that.
As far as issues, I do laundry every trip and have not really had any major issues. I was always able to find a machine. I have seen one or 2 machines down, but there have always been others available. I don't remember any issues at the Poly when we stayed there 4 years ago.

We have used the laundry room at the Paddock, SSR several times pre-covid and all the washers and driers were working fine. We haven't been back since so I'm not sure that's still the case though.🤔
I was there and used those machines a few months ago with no issues.

Laundry and cooking, two things I don't mess with while on vacation.

Was at AKV Jambo this April, one dryer was not working correctly, and laundryview is not working for those machines either.

Last time I stayed at Poly, there was a line in the DVC laundry. It as worth $6 to go to the hotel guest one by the bus stop, no one there.

Never had a prob at most, but have noticed that people leave their clothes.

Actually, I learned shared laundry room etiquette the hard way on my first trip to Disney. Stayed in an RV at FW. I was young, pregnant, hormonal and left my wet clothes for hoooouuuuurrrs in the machine, totally oblivious to anyone else’s plans to use the machines. Came back that evening to my wet clothes sitting out and a not so cheerful couple using all the dryers. We had an unpleasant exchange of harsh words where I told them they were out of line moving my clothes (floored our wet underwear was everywhere) while they educated me on not hogging the machines. I did not learn that night but pondered over it after the pregnancy hormones had left and realized I was out of line :) Ever since then, I time my loads and come back promptly! No issues ever again.

We have used the laundry room at the Paddock, SSR several times pre-covid and all the washers and driers were working fine. We haven't been back since so I'm not sure that's still the case though.🤔

One washer was out of service at Paddock yesterday. Laundryview had no information on the status of any unit there. One dryer was out at the Sandcastle Pool at OKW last Saturday.

If driers aren't drying just report it. Usually it mean the vent hose it clogged up. We have had issues and maintance came cleaned the ones in our room and it worked great

According to my mom (I pack enough stuff for the entire trip and then some but my mom and dad don’t plus as my mom says her body won’t let her sleep because she’s up at 5 am every day so might as well get stuff done), the Boardwalk Villa washer and dryers or not but there is not enough of them. If there are a couple people waiting it can get chaotic, She had to stop someone from touching her and my fathers clothes as she was transferring from washer to dryer because they were allegedly very impatient. Later on I went down to help out and can confirm it’s a very tiny area. Clean, but tiny.

Just got back from BWV and used them there. Worked great. I timed my loads as the laundry view link doesn’t work and had no issues.

I’ve never used the laundry room. Would VGF2 have its own laundry room? And we don’t need any special card to use the laundry room? Do you need to reserve them?
I am also curious about VGF2 and if they have their own laundry room. I have to believe they do.

I am also curious about VGF2 and if they have their own laundry room. I have to believe they do.
Guess we’ll find out soon enough! I would sure hope they do have them since presumably no units in building will have their own w&d.

According to my mom (I pack enough stuff for the entire trip and then some but my mom and dad don’t plus as my mom says her body won’t let her sleep because she’s up at 5 am every day so might as well get stuff done), the Boardwalk Villa washer and dryers or not but there is not enough of them. If there are a couple people waiting it can get chaotic, She had to stop someone from touching her and my fathers clothes as she was transferring from washer to dryer because they were allegedly very impatient. Later on I went down to help out and can confirm it’s a very tiny area. Clean, but tiny.
And stuffy and too warm to sit in for the whole cycle, but they usually work well.

Edit to add: Reporting machines that are down can speed up repairs. If no one bothers reporting and they just sit in a broken state without a report, we've only got ourselves to blame. I've reported broken machines at BWV as that's where I usually stay and if there's no fix by day's end, I'll usually call again.

I used the laundry room in Kidani Village at AKL. The washers and dryers worked perfectly fine and had zero issues with them. I do think Kidani needs at least 1 other laundry room. I did laundry early in the morning so there was no wait but often times when returning from the parks I would see a large crowd of people waiting in a line to wash their clothes. My sister did laundry at night (she got make up on one of her shirts) and she said 1 woman got in before her and took up all 3 washers and then proceeded to not come back for her stuff. She ended up having to move some of this woman's stuff out of the washer. By the time she put her clothes in the dryer and picked them up from the dryer, the woman still hadn't come to pick up her stuff.
We generally have a larger villa but when we had a studio at Kidani we had no issues. We were a long walk as we had requested to be by the pool but we were pleasantly surprised that community hall was across from the laundry which made waiting not as bad.

Never stayed in BPK before we bought VGF but presume it has a laundry room as does the GF main building.

We had a room near the main building's laundry room once. Very small. I think 2 washers, 2 dryers was all.

Never stayed in BPK before we bought VGF but presume it has a laundry room as does the GF main building.

We had a room near the main building's laundry room once. Very small. I think 2 washers, 2 dryers was all.
According to Laundryview there is a laundry room in BPK (you have to look under the regular GF, not VGF). I would hope DVC wouldn't have removed it during renovations. If I remember correctly it shows 2 washers and 3 or 4 dryers.

I’ve always been very happy with the laundry room at BWV, but my last OKW experience was a nightmare. We stayed there for almost 2 weeks over New Year’s Eve in a studio across from the hospitality house. Only 1 washer was working for our entire visit, and the ice machine was out of order for days. My husband needed to ice an injury several times a day, so I ended up repeatedly begging for ice at the community centre and the restaurant (where cast members were very helpful). I did report both issues many times, both at the “front desk” number that was answered by someone offsite who didn’t know anything about the resort, and at the actual front desk, but nothing happened. We love OKW, but we’ll never stay at a studio there again.
(Side issue: I also called twice to request a remote that would operate the DVD player, which wouldn’t work without a remote. Each time, someone showed up and quickly dropped off a replacement that also didn’t work. I finally googled the model numbers and programmed a remote myself.)

I've used the laundry room at CCV several times and it always seems deserted lol never any problems

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!