DVC just gets better and better!

PoohBears#1fan

DIS Veteran
Having already decided to use 2004 points in 2005 for a 22 day holiday, we've planned to pay cash for our vacation next year, so have spent many an hour trawling the brochures.

We both fell in love with a hotel on Paradise Island in the Bahamas called Atlantis which just looks fantastic, but is very pricey from the UK, I was saying to DH that it would be great if it was an Interval International exchange and we could stay there one year on points - wishful thinking........ or not!

We got out the Members Guidebook and lo and behold there it was!!!!

So one year we will get to go there (thought we'd wait until 8 month old DS is a little older), without having to spend the £4000 UKP for room only that we would be looking at for next year!

Loving our DVC membership more and more :)

I may be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that we could no longer exchange to Atlantis. Or was it just highly unlikely that we would be able to get in?

You might want to double check for sure. Good luck, we would like to go there too.

we are still waiting on the waitlist for hawaii next year and in the mean time i have been looking at the atlantis just in case hawaii waitlist doesnt come through and i couldnt believe how expense atlantis was per night. i never seen atlantis in our guide book. thank you very much for bring it to our attention, you sure made my day !

has anyone traded out for the atlantis, is it hard to get like marroitt maui ocean resort ?;) ;)

If you are talking about the 2002 - 2003 member guidebook, where it says "Harborside Resort at Atlantis, Paradise Island". That is on Paradise Island but it is not the resort that you see in most pictures with the suite bridge in between the two towers. It is a timeshare that is a good distance away fromt the main resort. If you go on the Atlantis website, Harborside is the colorful set of buildings accross the water from the main resort. I also remember there being some talk that it is not currently available to trade. I don't remember why.

I think Dean may be the expert on this but I thought I remembered that it wasn't the Atlantis but the hotel next door :confused: and that you could use the facilities at the Atlantis but that it was still a hike. I thought the post was 6 months to a year ago. I was excited too as my family travels to the Atlantis quite often throughout the year. the excitement lasted all of about 10 minutes :(

maybe thats why i didnt notice it in the 2002/2003 guide book.
darn/ thats to bad its not the real atlantis, but im sure it would have been hard to get ressies anyways. thank you for the update, back to the guide book for something if we cant get maui:sunny:

Harborside at Atlantis is the timeshare portion of the Atlantis Resort. The resort itself is fabulous; we stayed in the hotel portion (Royal Towers) last year. While it was listed as a possible exchange option in the Member's Guidebook, this is no longer in effect (I had called to request an exchange in March). While I can't remember all of the issues (you could do a search on http://www.tug2.net/), MS also told me that because it is still a relatively new timeshare resort, people just weren't depositing weeks, so nothing to exchange. My DH and I plan to just add on a few extra days to our BCV vacation and fly to Paradise Island from Orlando and then home from there.

HTH.
Nancy :earsgirl:

just called ms ans asked about the harborside resort at atlantis and ms said no more available to dvc and did not replace it with another resort and their is no longer a resort in the bahamas for dvc .

hope this helps someone that is planning, back to the guide book to pick another resort comparable to the atlantis, is which i dont think there is::( :(

Thanks everyone.

Not the news I was hoping for, but at least we know that if we choose to go there, it'll be a cash stay. Looks like one of those places you HAVE to visit once in your life to me!! lol

I have not been there, but I've heard that the Comfort Suites next to Atlantis on Paridise Island is an alternative place to stay, less expensive, and the guests there have use of Atlantis's facilities.

Here is the web site: http://www.vacationparadiseisland.com/

If we ever stay in Nassau again, this is where we would go.

Have fun planning.

:cool:

PoohBears#1fan,
I'm staying at the Comfort Suites in less than two weeks. I'm going with 14 other "Moms" for a 40th (someone else's) birthday getaway. If you email me after the 28th I'll be happy to describe it and it's proximity to you.
Cora

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter