DVC Income Bracket?

What is the target DVC income bracket?

• Total voters
No choice for below $10,000? For the three of us I cannot imagine spending $10,000 in one week at Disney. Even when I did not own DVC.
Now the only major costs are the maintenance fees and air travel. Our Disney Visa generates usually 800 points per year so that covers all food and purchases across two trips.
Probably included below $10k too.

Were we meant to choose all the brackets we think they market to? I see many people voted more than once.

Disney wouldn’t like us. We might visit 2x a year. We stay offsite for 5 nights during the winter ($750 max), we get Weekday Select APs x2 ($800), drive in ($100), eat QS often sharing ($250), board the dog ($250). If I’m reading info correctly, DVC maintenance fees would be cheaper than our hotel, but not by much. It wouldn’t save us any of the other expenses and we’d be out the cost of the contract. So we would stay possibly at nicer resorts but we go to parks from am to close so don’t really care that much. We could afford to spend more but why? We save our additional travel budget for other trips.

I just hope most can afford it. On top of the purchase price, the cost of tickets, food, maintenance fees and travel expenses really totals up. What I've never been able to understand is the Golden Oaks Development which starts around $2MM. You don't even get an annual pass for 1 year from what I've been told,
The lack of AP is absolutely the dealbreaker for me, not the $2MM price :rotfl2:

No choice for below $10,000? For the three of us I cannot imagine spending $10,000 in one week at Disney. Even when I did not own DVC.
Now the only major costs are the maintenance fees and air travel. Our Disney Visa generates usually 800 points per year so that covers all food and purchases across two trips.
That's the annual budget....so how much you spend total on all vacations a year, not just for one week. We go to Disney twice, either the beach or a cruise once, and several weekends trips like skiing or visiting a random city.

Yeah… I don’t think they give a rats rear end who they sell to. I do not think they have morals as far as selling to people they know cannot afford it. It would be nice to believe they do, and perhaps at one point in history they did.

That said, much of Disney standards & philosophy have changed since the earlier years. The newer crowd may never know what they are missing.
I don't think it is Disney's responsibility to monitor/worry what people's incomes are when signing the papers. People need to own up to their own fiscal stupidity. Disney is selling a product and a person does not have to buy it.

I don't see any disadvantage to selling DVC to people who can't pay. Whatever they do pay is enough to cover the bills. The only way it can turn into a loss for them is if someone decides to bank future year points to today and stop paying immediately after they take their vacation which means Disney is out one year of points. And all of this is after they have used up the 10% downpayment worth of points and then decided to try to take advantage of Disney financing.

In that sense, there is no "target" group as everyone can be a valid customer as long as they can put down the 10% down-payment. (even then the financing costs probably makes Disney whole)

That's the annual budget....so how much you spend total on all vacations a year, not just for one week. We go to Disney twice, either the beach or a cruise once, and several weekends trips like skiing or visiting a random city.

With COVID that would be ZERO! Cancelled three vacations - two at Disney and one European trip over the last 18 months. First time in 6 years planned to travel out of country.

Two trips to Disney and Including Europe, I would be just under $20,000 BUT that was a once in a 5 year trip. My two trips to Disney would be still under $10,000.

DWs family does not understand why I go to Disney instead of staying in a crowded cabin in the woods (no TV, no AC, every minute planned) with them. Hey I already live in the woods. I'd like to see sky.

I don't think it is Disney's responsibility to monitor/worry what people's incomes are when signing the papers. People need to own up to their own fiscal stupidity. Disney is selling a product and a person does not have to buy it.
Yeah, of course it’s not their responsibility, but I always thought of them as a bit better than a slimy, predatory, timeshare sales outfit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter