DVC HELP - Buy direct CCVC or resale ... that is the question

If you decide to go direct and buy at CCVC, you can ask if the salesperson can get you a 2 bdrm for this fall at CCVC. Sometimes they can work some "magic" and make it happen. It never is a guarantee though. If you are buying at least 175 points direct for Copper Creek, they will take off $2500 off the price, which makes buying direct closer to what you would pay for Copper Creek via resale.

But it would be to pay a significant premium over resale in the name of this single booking, especially if OP is not likely to frequently use home resort priority. 150 points at Saratoga can be had for $105pp, with lower dues. That's nearly $12k up front, and then the annual dues differential, to get a one-time booking.

Which is to say: Do the math, and be informed about the immediate and long-term costs.

But it would be to pay a significant premium over resale in the name of this single booking, especially if OP is not likely to frequently use home resort priority. 150 points at Saratoga can be had for $105pp, with lower dues. That's nearly $12k up front, and then the annual dues differential, to get a one-time booking.

Which is to say: Do the math, and be informed about the immediate and long-term costs.

I agree, this scenario would only make sense for someone who wants to stay at CCVC each trip.

Thanks for your feedback!! We aren't feeling "rushed" to purchase at all as we do want the best contract(s). What you may be "seeing" in my words is excitement that we are finally after 12+ years going to do this :dogdance:

I understand purchasing can be a long drawn out process (searching, offering, waiting for acceptance, paperwork, ROFR :-)rolleyes2), and closing. Of course WHEN we finally become DVC members, I'll be glued to the screen searching for our first DVC stay :car::tongue:

Glad that's your mindset! As long as you're not hell bent on I MUST have a contact by X date, then you should be fine.

no way would I buy direct now. You get more points by going resale

:thanks: for all your input! We put in an offer and it was accepted, however, we are still waiting on the sellers to sign the contract :yo-yo: Fingers crossed on getting it signed quickly and passing ROFR!!

Congrats on the accepted offer - which resort have you offered at? Do you still plan on travelling in fall 2018?

Yes, we still want to travel in the Fall :D

We have 2 contracts going, AKV and BLT. Our BLT passed ROFR YAY so we are (or will be when we get our membership number) FINALLY going to be part of the club and we cannot be happier!! Our BLT contract is still with Disney for estoppel. AKV still waiting on ROFR. Hoping it moves quickly so we can start booking or seeing what is available.

Thank you! Now that we know we passed ROFR, we are super excited to be apart of the BLT family. Hopefully once we get our membership something will be available for September and October :teleport::confused3
I know I am resurrecting an old thread, but just wondering, did you end up getting a 2 bedroom for the fall? Did your contract closings go smoothly? I hope it all did and you are at WDW right now!

I know I am resurrecting an old thread, but just wondering, did you end up getting a 2 bedroom for the fall? Did your contract closings go smoothly? I hope it all did and you are at WDW right now!

Yes - We are so excited!! Not only did our BLT go through smoothly but we also got AKV. I believe both passed in July Our first DVC trip was for my birthday in September and yes we got a 2 bedroom at SSR and now we are only 44 days till our Thanksgiving trip at OKW. I am NOT a planner by nature but with Disney, I am. Already booked all our trips for 2019 except for the Fall since that’s not open yet. How about you?

Yes - We are so excited!! Not only did our BLT go through smoothly but we also got AKV. I believe both passed in July Our first DVC trip was for my birthday in September and yes we got a 2 bedroom at SSR and now we are only 44 days till our Thanksgiving trip at OKW. I am NOT a planner by nature but with Disney, I am. Already booked all our trips for 2019 except for the Fall since that’s not open yet. How about you?
Kudos on your purchases. Will you be in WDW over Thanksgiving, or just after?? The best trip we had, as far as park access, was the week immediately following Thanksgiving one year.(The parks were empty)!

We are in almost your exact situation and are about to put in an offer. We also need 2 bedrooms. We are on the fence about doing one large contract or two smaller contracts to use every other year. We keep going back and forth about some direct points, but we are not Florida residents so it would make more sense for us. The large contracts we are looking at are pretty good deals, so we are worried that Disney might take the larger one if we go that route. Every day we think we have decided but then second guess ourselves. But thanks for responding! After reading your thread, I was wondering if you got the 2 bedroom at "short" notice, because I am sure we will be in that situation soon. We also love all the resorts and are flexible about where we stay. Hope you enjoy dvc!! We can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter