DVC direct/resale

Disneygirl612

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are looking to purchase 325 DVC points for our family of 6. To make things more affordable we were thinking of purchasing 200 DVC points via resale then when we close purchase 125 points in the same “sold out” resort next. My question is when you purchase a “sold out resort” direct do they allow you to choose use year?

Yes, they will sell you the same UY. The only thing is that when dealing with a sold out resort, they have to have it in stock with current UY points in order to sell it to you,

They can change a UY, as long as it has the points needed, When buying a resort in active sales, it’s not an issue,

Some resorts may have waitlists as well, as. VGC isn’t even an option for that

I know recently they had points there in most UYs...not sure how many in each...but I know people were able to purchase.

Good luck and once you get the resale, you can just give them a call to see the status!

Thank you so much for the info. We were thinking of purchasing at Animal Kingdom Lodge. My kids love it there.
I purchased 100 points direct just before they increased the minimum - they certainly gave the impression I could buy whatever I wanted - albeit they’re a bit cagey about it as they want you to seal the deal there and then as if “you might miss out”.

My husband and I are looking to purchase 325 DVC points for our family of 6. To make things more affordable we were thinking of purchasing 200 DVC points via resale then when we close purchase 125 points in the same “sold out” resort next. My question is when you purchase a “sold out resort” direct do they allow you to choose use year?
Great Strategy - much easier to match Use Year that way! :thumbsup2

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!