DVC Close Process

mshobey

Earning My Ears
Anyone have experience with DVC taking too long to complete the transfer process of a resale contract? My issue is I purchased a 160pt contract that has 160pts in the current use year, and DVC is taking too long to complete the transfer. They have told me they received everything on 8/31 and that it takes 4 weeks to complete the transfer and another 2 weeks for the pts to show up in my account. I’ve told them I want to bank all the pts but I can’t until they complete the transfer, and they are not providing me with comfort that they are going to get it done timely.

This has been the typical timeline for over a year. So, yes, everyone is in the same boat.

Your broker should have told you that..or included it in the paperwork for you.

Once you do get your account set up, you can always call MS to see if you can get them to load the points so you can get them banked.

Check out the Closing Threads. You will get an idea of others timelines.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time-2021-edition.3836891/post-63370945

Thanks for the tip… I’ll check out that other thread for sure.
DVC is inconsistent and don’t believe there is a “typical” timeline. I purchased another contract a couple of months ago and they completed the transfer and had pts in my account within 3 days of receiving everything. This one is taking longer to complete and they don’t have a sense of urgency.

Last edited:
It takes around 4-6 weeks to get contract loaded.

Then another 1-2 weeks to get points loaded. Once you have the contract loaded some people, including me, having called MS and they have loaded the points whilst waiting on the phone

Thanks for the tip… I’ll check out that other thread for sure.
DVC is inconsistent and don’t believe there is a “typical” timeline. I purchased another contract a couple of months ago and they completed the transfer and had pts in my account within 3 days of receiving everything. This one is taking longer to complete and they don’t have a sense of urgency.

You were extremely lucky. I purchased a few months back as well and it took over 3 weeks to get it loaded into my account.

Most reports here have it taking close to a month.

I purchased two resale contracts this year and it "only" took 3-4 weeks for the contract to show up and then 1-2 weeks for the points to be loaded into the system.

It was very strange because they did not load all points at once even though the were from just one UY.

I purchased two resale contracts this year and it "only" took 3-4 weeks for the contract to show up...
This is the timeline I need for my hail mary of a sorcerer's pass upgrade by the end of my November trip. Hoping for a 6-7 week complete turnaround...

Update…
It took a few emails, but DVC has addressed my issue and completed the transfer process. So final timeline:
  • Close completed Aug 30
  • DVC confirmed receipt of all paperwork Aug 31
  • Contract added to account Sep 22
  • Points added to account Sep 23

I’m so glad this worked out for you! It sadly didn’t for me last year. They took too long to load everything, despite calls and emails, such that I lost 100 points I had expected to be able to transfer to RCI. It was really frustrating.

Update…
It took a few emails, but DVC has addressed my issue and completed the transfer process. So final timeline:
  • Close completed Aug 30
  • DVC confirmed receipt of all paperwork Aug 31
  • Contract added to account Sep 22
  • Points added to account Sep 23

Thats generally about the right timeframe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!