DVC Cash Rates vs AP Rates

TheMick424

DIS Veteran
When booking on cash, which are typically better rates: DVC discount or AP rates?

We are debating a night on cash to save on points and I'm trying to estimate how much that would run me.

It depends on the time of year and what AP discounts are available. I believe the DVC discount is 25% and the AP discount can go as high as 40%. You would have to call to find out what the current offerings are, as the AP discounts are not the same all year and do not apply to all rooms.

Also, the DVC rate is just on villas. AP can be across the boards better because it's is't a discount on the inflated cash rate of the villas, and can be used at mods or values.

I have reservations how do
I know if I got a discount ?

Discounts are not automatically applied, because not all rooms/room categories are eligible for discounts. You would have to call (or speak to your TA if you booked through one) and ask if the room you have reserved is eligible for a discount. If it's not, you can always ask what IS available under current discounts and change your booking.

It is what it is lol I wanted AK savana so if it’s not I wouldn’t switch anyways :) and dates aren’t flexible at all as there for sports

Discounts are not automatically applied, because not all rooms/room categories are eligible for discounts. You would have to call (or speak to your TA if you booked through one) and ask if the room you have reserved is eligible for a discount. If it's not, you can always ask what IS available under current discounts and change your booking.

It is what it is lol I wanted AK savana so if it’s not I wouldn’t switch anyways :) and dates aren’t flexible at all as there for sports

Yup - it never hurts to ask, but at least you can confirm what's available before you make any decisions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter