DVC BLT Resale

gskywalker

DIS Veteran
I am Canadian and am wondering other Canadian DVC owners thoughts(also happy to hear from my DVC non canuck folk as well). I have been offered a BLT contract for $133.42 a point with the right use year and all points available including 2020 points banked forward. I can't decide if this is a good enough price with Covid, no annual passes for sale, etc being the current environment, plus of course a fairly expensive US$. Anyone have any thoughts?

I am Canadian and am wondering other Canadian DVC owners thoughts(also happy to hear from my DVC non canuck folk as well). I have been offered a BLT contract for $133.42 a point with the right use year and all points available including 2020 points banked forward. I can't decide if this is a good enough price with Covid, no annual passes for sale, etc being the current environment, plus of course a fairly expensive US$. Anyone have any thoughts?

https://www.dvcstats.com/#/

How many points? I bought a 160 point BLT contract earlier in the year, when prices were a little softer, for $130 / per point, with no 2020 points. At the time, this was on the lower end of what I was seeing on the ROFR thread, and definitely lower than I see there now. If this is a smaller contract, I think it would be a no brainer. If larger, still likely a very fair price.

coopstah13---$140-$24182-160-BLT-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 320/21, 160/22- sent 9/24

TheTrailblazers---$155-$9832-60-BLT-Aug-0/19, 60/20, 60/21, 60/22- sent 10/4

BlueRibbon---$143-$24707-160-BLT-Dec-0/19, 0/20, 160/21- sent 10/8

traderginger---$142-$33583-220-BLT-Dec-0/19, 208/20, 220/21-seller pays MF '20- sent 10/15

TXN4DISNEY---$133-$21900-160-BLT-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 296/21, 160/22- sent 10/19

Recent accepted offers in the ROFR thread that are working their way through the process. The lowest price is $133 for a 160 point with its current points banked into 2021.

You can get a " ballpark" answer by pretending you are selling the contract. How does the calculated market value compare with what you will pay?

There is also value to getting the right use year .

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/selling/instant-sale/

Really nice tool, thanks.

I noticed that very few BLT contracts are taken by Disney. Any idea why? If you look at the differential between their direct sale price and the average resale price over the past few months, the delta is one of the highest - if not the highest of all resorts. At $133 / pt, Disney could snag this contract and make nearly $100 a point.

Why doesn't Disney want BLT? Demand issue?

Thanks for sending along the chart for me to review. I know the price is in line, it was more with the total picture it makes sense right now. I was originally just looking if I got a really good deal which could make up for some of the other problems. With Covid you just never know. Who knows our Prime Minister may build a wall to keep our numbers way down from yours, lol.

Thanks for sending along the chart for me to review. I know the price is in line, it was more with the total picture it makes sense right now. I was originally just looking if I got a really good deal which could make up for some of the other problems. With Covid you just never know. Who knows our Prime Minister may build a wall to keep our numbers way down from yours, lol.

I have been studying that chart closely because I too have a BLT contract in ROFR right now. My circumstances are a little different because i was looking for (and found) a stripped contract that I could buy now but not pay dues on until 2022 (I'm retired but wife doesn't retire until next year). My thinking is that prices are going to continue to be "buyer favorable" until an approved vaccine is announced - then they're going to go up - considerably. Right now no one can see the light at the end of the tunnel with Europe going back on lockdown and US cases on the rise again. An approved vaccine will change the narrative.

And I would say that whatever price you choose you should consider ROFR - except Disney doesn't appear to be interested in BLT contracts - I don't have a clue why. I saw several people that passed with outrageously low prices (in the low to mid 120's) last month - but I don't understand it. Disney is selling BLT direct for more than a $100 / pt higher - why don't they snag those? Maybe it's a demand issue?

I noticed that very few BLT contracts are taken by Disney. Any idea why? If you look at the differential between their direct sale price and the average resale price over the past few months, the delta is one of the highest

You answered your own question. Heaviest demand is coming from buyers who want the lowest delta, SSR/OKW.

There are no foreclosures right now, so DVD is working hard at ROFR to squeeze out that little profit repackaging. So they have bought some BLT. You can see they have been buying everything, even Poly!

I sold a BLT 160 points a few months back and it does not have points for 2020 only partially for 2021. I sold that for $135 pp and it passed ROFR.

For the record i'm international, so that could have been part of why it passed ROFR, but as others are writing, most BLT sales are passing.

Really nice tool, thanks.

I noticed that very few BLT contracts are taken by Disney. Any idea why? If you look at the differential between their direct sale price and the average resale price over the past few months, the delta is one of the highest - if not the highest of all resorts. At $133 / pt, Disney could snag this contract and make nearly $100 a point.

Why doesn't Disney want BLT? Demand issue?
The demand among Direct Purchasers for BLT is not strong. This is likely, in part, due to the high price that Disney is charging for BLT Direct. Also, BLT has only about 41% as many rooms as Animal Kingdom, and even less compared to Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. So, considering that OKW, SSR and AKL have more rooms and are selling at lower prices, there clearly are more options for purchasers at those resorts, and more purchasers in general. This means that Disney also has more demand for their Direct resale of these resorts.

The demand among Direct Purchasers for BLT is not strong. This is likely, in part, due to the high price that Disney is charging for BLT Direct. Also, BLT has only about 41% as many rooms as Animal Kingdom, and even less compared to Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. So, considering that OKW, SSR and AKL have more rooms and are selling at lower prices, there clearly are more options for purchasers at those resorts, and more purchasers in general. This means that Disney also has more demand for their Direct resale of these resorts.

We bought our direct contact August 2019 at OKC because of the price and room size. Only did the minimum 75 points to get the benefits. Originally we were thinking we would buy Saratoga for price or AK for price and the rooms but we really like the idea of being walking distance to MK/parks, dues are lower and 4 years longer than SS. I have decided to pass for now on the contract because he wouldn't budge at all. We were hoping to wait unless it was a really good deal, this is fine but we can easily wait to covid, dollar etc are better

So he budged. He agreed to pay for closing costs. Equivalent price of $126.50(approx) after dues paid, closing costs and value of points banked. Also some 2019 points if I can use them by the end of January although I am not counting a value for them. We agreed to the deal, now will just wait of ROFR and hope that Disney keeps to their norm of not taking BLT. If they do it will save us a lot of money at least, haha. Crazy to think that a year ago we bought DVC and in 2021 we will have almost 900 points for the year with borrowing set at half borrowing. Needless to say we will be renting out points.

We have a BLT resale currently going through closing atm. We paid $135 pp on 170 points. It was a fully loaded contract with 2019's points banked into 2020. Plus our Use Year. We are planning a big holiday next August (covid dependent!)

We have a BLT resale currently going through closing atm. We paid $135 pp on 170 points. It was a fully loaded contract with 2019's points banked into 2020. Plus our Use Year. We are planning a big holiday next August (covid dependent!)

That awesome. Our contract is a 240 pt, Feb Use year(same as our OKW), 480 points coming in Feb and 26 points left over from 2019, not sure that I will use them though as we will only get them with about a month till expiry. I actually paid $140 a point but didn't pay the dues for the 2020 or 2019 points, plus I am not paying any closing costs. We have no idea what we will do with the border closed, 14 day quarantine when we come home etc. Guessing I am going to try to rent out as many as I can and then see what we end up doing.

I sold a BLT 160 points a few months back and it does not have points for 2020 only partially for 2021. I sold that for $135 pp and it passed ROFR.

For the record i'm international, so that could have been part of why it passed ROFR, but as others are writing, most BLT sales are passing.
May I ask pls which company managed the deal (and accepted you as international)?

I have been studying that chart closely because I too have a BLT contract in ROFR right now. My circumstances are a little different because i was looking for (and found) a stripped contract that I could buy now but not pay dues on until 2022 (I'm retired but wife doesn't retire until next year). My thinking is that prices are going to continue to be "buyer favorable" until an approved vaccine is announced - then they're going to go up - considerably. Right now no one can see the light at the end of the tunnel with Europe going back on lockdown and US cases on the rise again. An approved vaccine will change the narrative.

And I would say that whatever price you choose you should consider ROFR - except Disney doesn't appear to be interested in BLT contracts - I don't have a clue why. I saw several people that passed with outrageously low prices (in the low to mid 120's) last month - but I don't understand it. Disney is selling BLT direct for more than a $100 / pt higher - why don't they snag those? Maybe it's a demand issue?
Great points and reasons for stripped contract

I think it's a great deal for a full contract! I would purchase that.

I’m using DVCstore and mason for closing.

I don't think it helps me when purchasing but I am international(CDN) as well. My understanding though is it only aids when it is an international seller. I am not that worried about my contract being taken. I am happy with our purchase but if it gets taken I may consider grabbing a copper creek contract instead because of the value. I hadn't noticed the great value that can be had with CC, 8 more years and can get it around the same price. We would prefer Bay Lake though because of the ability to avoid Disney Transat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!