DVC at Disneyland?

Davidr1

Earning My Ears
A few months ago I was talking to a Marriott Vacation Club sales rep who said he used to be with DVC. While talking about Marriott Newport Coast Villas, he said Disney sold the property to Marriott because they were no longer interested in building off-property resorts. But, he added, there was a plan for a DVC resort at Disneyland. Anyone heard anything about this?

Disney has very little land at the Disneyland Resort in California (compared to WDW), so a Disney Vacation Club there would almost have to be a highrise structure. That's much more expensive to build. Presumably, they could "liberate" some of the land now used as surface parking for Downtown Disney or as cast parking, but that would require another costly parking structure. There's also the 50+ acre strawberry field that Disney acquired from the Fujishige family a few years ago, but that land and an adjacent cast lot are slated to be a third theme park.

There's certainly not any announced plan for a DVC project at the Disneyland Resort, but I suppose there's a small chance that Disney might eventually decide to build an on-site Vacation Club -- especially if they decide the a third theme park is a bad idea.

By the way, I wrote an article. "Disney's Newport Coast Villas, the Disney Vacation Club that Never Happened." See http://www.yesterland.com/ncv.html

Another possibility would be when planning the 3rd theme park and surrounding accomodations they could build a resort that is part DVC/part regular resort...similar to the on-site resorts at WDW (except OKW). But I would think it is unlikely.

"Disney's Newport Coast Villas, the Disney Vacation Club that Never Happened."
That was truely a lost opportunity for DVC members, a DVC resort next to the California parks makes lots of sense and would help round out our membership and provide accomodations on the west side of the country. I hated to see that one fail, although I don't know when I'd have ever gotten out there. Nice article, thank you for sharing the link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter