DVC annual pass

MamaBelle4

DIS Veteran
I have a couple questions.

We don't currently qualify for an AP, but are discussing adding the 75 point direct somewhere down the line.

Can anyone tell me what the cost currently is for the DVC AP? Also, can you buy the DVC AP for your dependents?

Thank you!

The gold pass, which has black out dates 2 weeks around Easter and Christmas for about 8-10 days is a bit over $615.
As long as your dependents live at you address, and have photo ID to prove it, they can get the DVC AP.

Tickets: Annual Passes
Pass Type All Ages DVC Member All Ages
Platinum Annual Pass Renewal $767.87 $659.24
Platinum Plus Annual Pass $1010.69 $882.89
Platinum Plus Annual Pass Renewal $858.39 $749.76
Gold Annual Pass DVC and FL Residents only $627.29 $627.29

Fantastic, thank you! That would actually be significant savings for our family of 7.

I'm assuming small children wouldn't need photo IDs.

I have a couple questions.

We don't currently qualify for an AP, but are discussing adding the 75 point direct somewhere down the line.

Can anyone tell me what the cost currently is for the DVC AP? Also, can you buy the DVC AP for your dependents?

Thank you!
Keep in mind that no perks are guaranteed with DVC direct purchases and they can end without warning. Just in case you are depending on perks with a direct purchase this is what the guides will tell you.

Keep in mind that no perks are guaranteed with DVC direct purchases and they can end without warning. Just in case you are depending on perks with a direct purchase this is what the guides will tell you.
Yeah, I know. We aren't planning it for several years, DH and I were just discussing it so I thought I'd get some info to go on. As the kids get older, our needs are going to change, so we already plan on buying more in the future, just discussing how to go about it. Thank you though.

Here are the actually DVC AP rates:

Walt Disney World
Pass Options
Guest Price Member Price Savings
Disney Gold Pass – New Purchase N/A $589 plus tax
Disney Gold Pass – Renewal N/A $500 plus tax
Disney Platinum Pass – New Purchase $849 plus tax $729 plus tax
Disney Platinum Pass – Renewal $721 plus tax $619 plus tax
Disney Platinum Plus Pass – New Purchase $949 plus tax $829 plus tax
Disney Platinum Plus Pass – Renewal $806 plus tax $704 plus tax

Gold is essentially blacked out mid December to Jan 3
Platinum is only Parks, no blackout dates
Platinum plus includes water parks.

Last years AP special was amazing, but most timess not so much.
Kerri
When are the AP specials usually announced? I would like to buy one for next year, and it would be my first time buying one. Usually I go once a year, and only go to 2 parks (and use my 10 entry non-expiring ticket). Next year I plan to make 3 trips (January 10 days, September 5 days, December 12 days), so I figure the AP will be lots of fun.
Thanks.

Last years AP special was amazing, but most timess not so much.
Kerri

We got in on that deal. Platinum Plus AP's were 595.00 with tax. We were told the renewal would be discounted as well. We will see when the time comes...lol We had already purchased 8 day parkhoppers so it was less than 100.00 each to upgrade.

We got in on that deal. Platinum Plus AP's were 595.00 with tax. We were told the renewal would be discounted as well. We will see when the time comes...lol We had already purchased 8 day parkhoppers so it was less than 100.00 each to upgrade.
They probably meant the renewals would be discounted during that time frame. Not later on.

Hmmmm..... I will be validating my “special Dvc discount AP” next month for DD sweet 16. Gonna squeeze long wknd for F&W in October, then Easter break 2019:-). My points will be stripped after that so I won’t be renewing but I do wonder what the renewal will be:-)
Kerri

Last edited:
The blackout dates on the Gold AP aren't really that bad at all. I'm going Dec 12-17th and there's no blackout dates till a few days after that. May not be able to go during Christmas, but I don't really want to!

We got in on that deal. Platinum Plus AP's were 595.00 with tax.

That really was such a great deal. We bought 2 sets - last year, August - August, will have covered 16 park days. But we didn't even use the WP part of the pass (kept thinking we would, we just never had the time). This upcoming year we'll have it through end of November and it will cover about 17 days, possibly more, including 10 days in the Easter blockout time. Given how crowded the parks look, we will probably also use the WP part of the pass.

Now sadly thinking that we won't see deal like that again...

The blackout dates on the Gold AP aren't really that bad at all. I'm going Dec 12-17th and there's no blackout dates till a few days after that. May not be able to go during Christmas, but I don't really want to!

Worth noting, as this thread applies to "DVC Annual Pass".
Take a look at those GOLD pass blockout dates - then compare them to your DVC "point seasons". I suspect you will find that you really did NOT want to go during a "Blockout Period" anyway. Those "Blockout Periods" coincide nicely with maximum point per day seasons.

Now, every DVC owner is different... One may CHOOSE to go max points, max ticket. Point is? They generally coincide.

Just my dear wife & I - GOLD pass is just fine, as those "blocked" dates are also generally very high DVC point dates. We downgraded from Platinum when we realized that we never WENT to WDW during these high point cost periods :).

Worth noting, as this thread applies to "DVC Annual Pass".
Take a look at those GOLD pass blockout dates - then compare them to your DVC "point seasons". I suspect you will find that you really did NOT want to go during a "Blockout Period" anyway. Those "Blockout Periods" coincide nicely with maximum point per day seasons.

Now, every DVC owner is different... One may CHOOSE to go max points, max ticket. Point is? They generally coincide.

Just my dear wife & I - GOLD pass is just fine, as those "blocked" dates are also generally very high DVC point dates. We downgraded from Platinum when we realized that we never WENT to WDW during these high point cost periods :).
Same. Way too busy those weeks too. I’d never go during those weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter