DVC Annual Pass Discount???

disneydawn

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
Does anyone think that they will be discounting the Annual Passes in light of everything going on?

Has there been a trend of discounts being taken away or anything to lead you to believe it would be taken away? If anything i would anticipate a lower price at first. If any change at all. I think they still need $$ and I haven’t seen them removing discounts from anything else.

I personally doubt it. There will be more demand in the form of people wanting to get there than there will be supply of spots available due to them having to reduce capacity. Then once this is "over", it's right into 50th anniversary celebrations.

So does it pay to buy an AP now with at DVC discount if still available and just hold onto the voucher and activate it at a later date? My AP just expired but we have a trip Thanksgiving week. I hope all is still go but DH has a Military Salute ticket and I don't have any. Thoughts?

As others have chimed in, I don't think demand is going to be an issue in the near future. People want to get back out and vacation. Disney is going to at the top of the list for many. I think with their initial capacity limits we will see demand far outpace supply. If that holds true there is no reason to drop prices. Based on pure demand Disney should actually probably increase prices....but doubt they will due to the backlash they'd probably receive.

If I was looking to buy a pass, I'd probably do it sooner rather than later.

I think the people in this group have a skewed view of demand for Disney. I mean that in the nicest way possible. :) I expect demand for Disney and travel in general to be low among the general public, and in particular with international guests, for quite a while. The economy is taking a huge hit right now too, and the ripple effects of that will be felt for quite some time in ways that are not immediately obvious. When consumer confidence is high, people spend money on expensive vacations like Disney. I don‘t expect consumer confidence to be high, and I do expect Disney to offer dramatic discounts over the next two years or so. I think AP discounts are very likely to happen.

Last edited:

Disney Visa should be 6 months 0% on Disney purchases. I don't remember if on passes?

It applies to DVC purchases and Disney vacation packages, Not sure about rooms resorts only but definitely not tickets.

I think the people in this group have a skewed view of demand for Disney. I mean that in the nicest way possible. :) I expect demand for Disney and travel in general to be low among the general public, and in particular with international guests, for quite a while. The economy is taking a huge hit right now too, and the ripple effects of that will be felt for quite some time in ways that are not immediately obvious. When consumer confidence is high, people spend money on expensive vacations like Disney. I don‘t expect consumer confidence to be high, and I do expect Disney to offer dramatic discounts over the next two years or so. I think AP discounts are very likely to happen.

The "X" factor in these debates is exactly where park capacity falls over the next 12-18 months. Shanghai is reopening with a cap of 30% of its original attendance.

If Walt Disney World reopens with similar limitations, it's possible that organic demand will be sufficient to fill the parks on a daily basis. In the short term, there are a lot of people who have already set aside money for their trips. DVC owners have their hotel rooms paid for. Current Annual Passholders already have their admission media.

A lot of it comes down to whether or not they have all 4 parks operating, and if they are at 30% of original capacity, 40%, 50%, etc. Despite the low consumer confidence, unemployment levels, and struggles with international travel, it's conceivable that Disney is still able to meet its daily maximums without heavy discounting.

So does it pay to buy an AP now with at DVC discount if still available and just hold onto the voucher and activate it at a later date?
I was wondering this myself. I've been wanting to buy one before the next price increase, but then the Canadian $ tanked and I'm wondering if there will be an additional discount coming up. I might just bite the bullet and get the voucher anyway.

I've held off thinking they would do some sort of discount ie platinum for the price of a gold but with how things are looking now I doubt that will happen. If they were allowing full capacity right away they'd probably discount but it's looking more and more like they'll limit capacity so demand will be there. Thinking about just going ahead and buying them before they increase the price. When they did the deal last time they let us upgrade our already purchased, not used passes so hopefully they'd do that again if this happened.

So does it pay to buy an AP now with at DVC discount if still available and just hold onto the voucher and activate it at a later date? My AP just expired but we have a trip Thanksgiving week. I hope all is still go but DH has a Military Salute ticket and I don't have any. Thoughts?

I think it's worth it. I bought two APs last year and I still have the vouchers which I plan on activating on our next trip in Jan 2021 (will have to see status of parks before I activate the vouchers). This past Jan 2020 we had tickets we bought through Shades of Green which may be an option for you. Maybe you should check them out to see it that would work, just a thought. Good luck! :tink:

Offering a discount on APs would be a quick way to infuse cash into their coffers. The same could be said for something like a “buy 5 days get 7” pass. And it could be the tipping point for those who are on the fence as to whether they will visit while there are “modified guest experiences”.

I’m interested to see what the plan is regarding park hoppers. Will they offer some sort of compensation if only the MK is open? Or if all parks are open but you must reserve an entrance day and time for one park and cannot hop to another?

Offering a discount on APs would be a quick way to infuse cash into their coffers. The same could be said for something like a “buy 5 days get 7” pass. And it could be the tipping point for those who are on the fence as to whether they will visit while there are “modified guest experiences”.

I’m interested to see what the plan is regarding park hoppers. Will they offer some sort of compensation if only the MK is open? Or if all parks are open but you must reserve an entrance day and time for one park and cannot hop to another?

I would love to see this. If they did this I think I would hold onto my annual pass voucher for another year. I hope this is something they do, keeping my fingers crossed. 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter