DVC Airhead needs help with ticket prices!

DVCTiff

DIS Veteran
As if the banking and borrowing doesn't have my head spinning, I'm trying to figure out the best ticket scenarios for our next three trips. We're going next month and will use 3 park days, 1 Water Park admission and 1 PI admission (this is per person). We're also going in October and will need 6-7 park days, depending on what flights we end up taking. Then, we're going August 2005 to finish up banked 2004 points and will need about 4-5 days (again depending on our flights). We love the water parks and would pay admission to PI if it were a better deal. Here's a question: would it be best to get an annual pass and use it for Oct and Aug - assuming an AP is good for one 365 day cycle? Then buy the shortest PHP for our May trip? I know some of you geniuses can help with this. Thanks in advance!

Ok starting with a date of May 2004...in a 12month period you will get in 10days and 1 water park and 1 PI...

I regular season pass is $403.64 per adult includes only admission to 4 theme parks.

regular 1 day admission to water parks 33.02
regular 1 day admission to PI 21.25

So, to purchase a AP, 1 water park admission and 1 day PI = $457.91

An PAP which includes unlimited admission to parks, water parks, PI, Disney quest and WWof Sports = $531.44

So, it's about a $70 dollar difference...if you go more days or wish to add more days at a water park or PI...I'd do the PAP otherwise the regular AP is the best bet

Thanks for the help Zurgswife! I really meant should we get the AP in October so it covered both that trip and Aug. 2005 and then do this May some other way. But your right, it almost makes sense to do AP either way.

Just in case ANYBODY is paying attention ... I decided to do length-of-stay UPH for this upcoming trip, hoping to drop the first day but even if we can't, it's still a deal. Then we'll get AP's for October which will cover August 2005 trip too. I crunched the numbers 8000 ways (all by mysself) and that was the best solution.

Seems to me a 5 day PHP pass would, at least in the long run, be a much better buy for you. UPH's tend to be the highest price ticket, so unless you plan to use a water park everyday, AND plan to go to DQ I would reevaluate your strategy since the extra days would not expire on the 5 day PHP.

I was also going to suggest the PH passes for this coming trip and then an AP for Oct and Aug trips. But your plan sounds good too!! Have fun.

Keep in mind also--

disney keeps being the first to raise there ticket prices each year (we live in Florida--it always makes big news :)

So what you can purchase ahead of time--could save money in the long run.

Also--weigh your length of stay pass versus a park hopper so that you are only paying for what you will use--have you figured in "rest" days in your holiday--time to do downtown disney or just hang by the pool.

What ever is unused on a park hopper is good for future trips--but that is not the case (I think) for length of stay--since you are paying for the priviledge to visit the parks and such for the length of your stay.

I too would do a PHP and then an AP or PAP for trips 2&3

Sorry for not paying attention

Good luck!

thanks
jaysue

Without looking at My AP I believe there is a 3 or 4 dollar discount on water park tickets for the AP holder and 3 guests. If you go to the Disney world site and look for annual pass section it will give you the benefits. The AP will give you 10% discount at selected restuarants on lunch during weekdays. You are close to the breakeven point compared to hopper passes. We have yet to figure out how to break even with the length of stay tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!