• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC 7th Year Christmas Tree Sharing a Little Holiday Magic.

The Bell Services has been unable to locate BLT tree #1. I wasted 1/2 hour waiting for them to find it yesterday. I will ask one more time today. Not sure what happened to it.:confused::confused:

I hope they are able to find it for you.

jguner - Don't get discouraged and keep on looking. I was the first on that tree swap and I can tell you that is is in a brown squarish box. It is Probably 18"wx15"lx8"h from what I can remember. It did not have any markings on it and the previous swapper should have put a tag with your name on it. It was NOT marked BLT #1. They let me go into luggage services to help look. I hope they find it for you. Merry Xmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!! :santa:

We just got home tonight! Had a great time at WDW from 12/16-24. :goodvibes

We had SSR Tree #4 in our Treehouse Villa from 12/20-23. :yay: It was beautiful. Thank you, Mari & Brian, for sharing the tree and the lovely gifts! :hug:

When we checked with Bell Services on 12/20, they knew exactly where the box was! :thumbsup2 The only thing missing was the packing tape. We were able to get the box sealed again with the tape already on it. After our $10 donation, there was $62 in the envelope for shipping.

We added a butterfly ornament which was from the United Hospice Foundation. :flower3: I hope aero99 & family is enjoying the tree right now! :cloud9:

The Bell Services has been unable to locate BLT tree #1. I wasted 1/2 hour waiting for them to find it yesterday. I will ask one more time today. Not sure what happened to it.:confused::confused:

We had issues with BLT bell services as well. After they looked several times, I stopped by in person and asked to speak with the manager. I explained about the Christmas Tree swap and he knew exactly what I was talking about and came out with my tree. Don't know how no one could find it when he seemed to know exactly where it was.

Merry christmas! I wanted to say that the akl tree #3 is great! It made our christmas morning wonderful!:goodvibes Thank u to everyone that made this possible:thumbsup2

SSR tree #4 is on it's way back to new york. We ship it via the resort and it was Less then expected. Also we had to put it in a new box since the old one was so beat up. We ran out of time so we will be sending our journal entry and the left over money shortly. (I had taken out more then necessary since shipping was less and the box was already taped up). Thank you so much, everyone in my family really enjoyed everything.
(posting from family members iPhone while riding in a car so sorry for typos)

I must be totally nuts... but this sounds like a truly wonderful idea! We are planning our first DVC trip next year starting thanksgiving weekend for 12 days at BWV.. and what a wonderful surprise it would be for the family to be part of the tree swap. :) Yes, I AM planning 11 months out... but SO worth it... thats my job you know! I hope this will be done next year as well...

Making a list, and checking it twice... LOL!

Hi,

BLT tree one is still missing. We were next to pick up on 12/27 and are still waiting to hear back from bell services. I've talked to 3 bellmen, 1 bellwoman, and a manager in person. Not sure what else we could try. I explained about the swap and the box size as well.

Good luck finding the BLT tree #1. I just gave up asking for it. I had already wasted enough time on it and was not going to waste anymore of my vacation. Maybe the person before me will know a little more. It might have got placed in a different box?

Hi,

BLT tree one is still missing. We were next to pick up on 12/27 and are still waiting to hear back from bell services. I've talked to 3 bellmen, 1 bellwoman, and a manager in person. Not sure what else we could try. I explained about the swap and the box size as well.

I hope you have luck finding the tree and are having a great and magical trip

Good luck finding the BLT tree #1. I just gave up asking for it. I had already wasted enough time on it and was not going to waste anymore of my vacation. Maybe the person before me will know a little more. It might have got placed in a different box?

I am sorry you were not able to locate the tree and hope you had a wonderful vacation even though they couldn;t find the tree for you. Thanks for looking and have a Happy New Year

Well, the OKW tree seems to be missing as well. I talked to bell services at OKW and SSR and no one can locate it. I will pm jennabenna1908 for info about how it was packed/marked.

Well, the OKW tree seems to be missing as well. I talked to bell services at OKW and SSR and no one can locate it. I will pm jennabenna1908 for info about how it was packed/marked.

Yeah! The tree was found thanks to the pictures of the box that Iluvmickey! had sent.

AKL Tree #3 is on its way back home for the year! I mailed it via the AKL Concierge desk upstairs and they said you should have it back by the 9th or 10th. We paid for the shipping home and I left the other money in the box to take care of your initial shipping and anything additional you may want to add for next year. We also added a couple AKL ornanments we made while there!
Thanks so much!!!! It truly was a magical vacation! :lovestruc

I have boardwalk tree #2 and am ready to send it back to the owner, but there are two different "labels" in the box to send it back to, with two different names and addresses. I'm confused and don't know who to send it back to. Help!

We are back from our great vacation! The Tree was perfect!

WDWStar- Thanks for coordinating this whole swap!
LIFERBABE - Thanks for donating the tree it was beautiful!
ccoymsrd - Thank you so much for the lovely gifts!
pixieflip - I hope you enjoy the tree as much as we did!

Thank you for sharing your tree. It will be shipped out on Monday. Apparently FedEx doesn't ship on weekends. It is in good hands!

just got back from blt and spent time with them trying to find blt tree 1. It seemed like one of the managers saw it but can;t remember where it went. Happy New year to everyone

Yeah! The tree was found thanks to the pictures of the box that Iluvmickey! had sent.

Oh My!! I don't get on over the holidays and look what happens!! I am glad it all worked out. Good thing wdwstar suggested taking pictures of the box and sending them to everyone on the list!!! ;) :goodvibes

Hi,

VWL #1 tree made it home last night via UPS, the box was in pretty good shape, but I will use a new one for next year.

There seem to be no trouble with any of the families finding the tree box and getting it on time. If there was please chime in with any problems.

I would like to say "Thank You" to all the families who shared the tree and sent or left us gifts for our family to enjoy. Thanks for the bear, Mickey ornament, tartan hearts and the gingerbread shingle. My daughter wanted the gingerbread shingle last night as soon as she saw it; she said it was "Yummy".

Also we enjoy reading all the wonderful comments from the families who shared the tree and how the tree made their stay special.
We always look forward to the return of the tree for this reason.

We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and we would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year.

P.S. - Thanks again wdwstar for putting this together again, if you need anything please let me know.

Elf Jim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter