Duty Free

joyfull

Mouseketeer
I have a question about the "Duty Free" items. Besides tobacco and liquor what other kinds of things can be bought? I read that each guest is allowed $800.00 (3 and 4 night cruise) worth of stuff. I just can't figure out what I would spend that much money on.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Perfume on the ship.

Other things as available in the ports up to your limit, including jewelry.

Rae

Duty Free means anything that you bought without paying US taxes on and that you are bringing back into the country. on the 3 day cruise, you have a $800 limit before you have to start paying a duty (aka taxes)

However, Don't fporget the limit is per person. With the exception of liquor you can allocate some of the goods to other members in your party (kids), so effectively a family of 4 has a $3,200 limit.

so if I happen to spend my 800.00 and the boyfriend hasnt I can make him claim some of my stuff??? (theoretically)

Absolutely.

I don't think you can split up a pair of earrings, I have one you have one. But easily A watch and a ring, etc.

I think asking him might work better than making him.

Although, bribery works wonders (On the boyfriend, not the customs people.)

You are Irish, aren't you, Rieann! Takes one to know one!

Rae (Sullivan on paternal side!)

my mother has taught me well...you always get the boy to think its HIS idea...its amazing what they think of!!! *L*
Ok OK so maybe if I ask NICELY...OK so bribery works well too! *giggle*

Originally posted by jlp651
so if I happen to spend my 800.00 and the boyfriend hasnt I can make him claim some of my stuff??? (theoretically)
I think it has to be a family to spread the cost around. Maybe someone knows for certain.

I believe your right. I felt queasy when the term boyfried was used.

I don't/won't even get into the discussion of:

"He'll/she'll just say he bought them. How would Customs know."

Well, they wouldn't know, but it would be wrong, wouldn't it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter