Dude, I can't stand it when pants shrink in the dryer

danacara

<font color=purple>Parlez-vous Francais?<br><font
What a nothing topic this is, but I put on a pair of new-ish pants this morning for work, and they've shrunk to the point of being waders. I am only 5'3". I cannot imagine how taller people can even wear them now, and I followed the directions on the label. Grrrrrrrrr.

Dana, that's why I hate buying new pants.

LOL shannon!

I've stopped putting most of my clothes in the dryer. Most brands are just too cheaply made to hold up to it. It takes a while for them to dry hanging in the closet, but they fit.

I hate it how my butt looks bigger when I look in the mirror...

I hate it when I try to put my jeans on in the fall after a summer of laziness and I can't do them up!!

Dana, I tried line drying too, but then they are a PITA to iron! Damned if you, and damned if you don't!

Shannon, I feel your pain!! LOL
CC

This is something you learn over time....never put pants in the dryer!

I let them air dry first, then fluff them up in the delicate or air cycle of my dryer to take some of the stiffness out of them.

Works like a charm!

Dana- I feel for you!! I HATE that!!! I just got a skirt from gap it fit great infact a little loose,I washed it likje it said to and put it in the dryer like it said too and it shrunk!!! Now I look like a sausage in it!! lol lol :D I called Gap and they said that since it was washed there was nothing they could do,I told tehm I followed teh directions and it still shrunk. :mad:

I have to buy my jeans and my slacks in size long b/c regulars are too short for me. If I dry the longs I can't wear them anymore either. I am tired of having to hang all my pants to dry, it takes too long. why can't some manufacturer come up with a fabric that doesn't shrink up in length? is that too much to hope for?:confused:

I do what Blondie does....hang dry and then put them in the dry for a few minutes on very low heat. Works great!

And the bathroom shower rod makes a great place to hang the clothes while they are drying.

Blondie, what a fabulous idea. I am going to try that. I don't like how "crispy" my laundry becomes after line drying, so this sounds like it might soften my clothes a bit after that.

Chipperdini - I still haven't filled my tank at a self-serve since that incident. Long live New Jersey and full service gas. Now, do any of you have insights on the best stain treater? This living on my own thing is much more complicated than it first appeared. :D

Dana, I use a little liquid detergent (Wisk) on my stains. It seems to work as well as the other things I've tried, and it's one less item to buy.

Dana,,,,this happened to me ALSO this morning....had some ankle lenghth pants that I washed & dried for first time-they are now capris!:rolleyes: (And I can't wear capris to work!whaaaaa!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter