Dropping off luggage at the terminal

Mike Bartenhagen

Mouseketeer
We are renting a car from Avis for the drive from MCO to the Raddsion and I plan on keeping the car on Sunday morning to avoid some of the possible hassle with getting all of my family and luggage on the shuttle. What time will they start taking bags at the terminal and is it possible for myself and my BIL it take over all of our bags or does everyone need to be there with their bags?

there were porters in the parking lot across from the ship where we left our luggage.

They open the gates at 10:30. Yes, you and your BIL can drop off the bags, but you could drop off everyone in your party as well. Then only the person who returns the car would need to take the shuttle back to the terminal.

Thanks Dave. What I would like to do is take the bags over and then come back for the rest of the family. There will be 7 of us and 3 will be kids so I would think that we could take the luggage and come back and take everyone else. Is the terminal close enough to the Raddison that we could put all seven in the car at one time. This would be 2 adults in the front 2 adults in the back and also 3 kids in the back sitting on the adults laps. If we did have to make two trips would we have plenty of time to take the luggage come back for the people and still get a good spot in line?

You say you are on the Oct 6th Cruise and you have 7 pl, are you renting a full size car or two cars? Avis has a rate of 49.99 for a van on that date.

Originally posted by Mike Bartenhagen
What I would like to do is take the bags over and then come back for the rest of the family. There will be 7 of us and 3 will be kids so I would think that we could take the luggage and come back and take everyone else. Is the terminal close enough to the Raddison that we could put all seven in the car at one time. This would be 2 adults in the front 2 adults in the back and also 3 kids in the back sitting on the adults laps. If we did have to make two trips would we have plenty of time to take the luggage come back for the people and still get a good spot in line?

The Radisson is probably no more than a mile or so from the DCL dock. Sure, you can make several trips if necessary.

Our family did it the same way Dave mentioned. Although I didn't rent a car, I was leaving our car at the Radisson and taking the shuttle back to the dock. I dropped the family off at the dock where the porters took the luggage and my DW and two kids went to check in and get in line. We got there around 10:30 am and were 3rd in line to board the ship (after handicap and congierge people).

I arrived back at the dock about 15 minutes after I dropped off the family. Already, there were long lines. Since my DW checked me in, all I had to do was show my info to the woman that checked my family in (she told my DW to have me cut in line to show her). It took 5 seconds.

There's a more important question here. It sounds like you're renting a fullsize car for 7 people and luggage for a week-long cruise. Is that right? If so, I thinkyou sould reconsider your choice in vehicles. Driving any distance with three kids sitting on an adult's lap is DANGEROUS. You can't properly seat-belt them in while driving.

Try renting a mini-van. In fact, I'm not sure you can fit 7 people PLUS luggage into a mini-van. I have one and we comfortably fit the four of us and our luggage with little room to spare on our drive down from NJ.

Good luck!

We are going to have 2 cars. We are going with my sisters family and because we are using frequent flyer miles we are coming in at 2 different times. We will each have a car from MCO to the Radisson but I thought it would be easier if we turned one in on Saturday night and only kept one for Sunday.

DisneySlave where did you find that rate. The rate I got off of the website was 72.99. The 49.99 would be cheaper than the rate for a full size car.

So, if my hubby drops all of us off at the terminal with our luggage and then goes back to return the rental, what does he need to get into the terminal. Does he need his documents and i.d. or can I take his documents with me and check him in while he is returning the car.

I just want to make sure I leave him with exactly what he needs to get in the terminal.

Also, Dave is 10:30 when the porters start taking luggage? I though I read that it was earlier than that at curbside.

Thanks.

MJ

<what does he need to get into the terminal.>

I'd like to know the answer, since we're doing this too. So, bumping! Diana

All your DH needs is positive ID with a name that matches how he's listed on the passenger list. They'll check everybody's name and ID against the passenger list every time you re-enter the terminal property.

You can take his documents with you. They <i><b>may</b></i> let you check him in, but don't hold me to that. They may choose not to due to post-9/11 increased security awareness.

As for the 10:30 mark, just after 9/11 they were very strict about not allowing people into the terminal property until 10:30. They may be a little more flexible on that now. But yes, the porters will be out there certainly by 10:30.

Thank you Dave, as usual you have the answers. I'll bring his documents with me and try to check him in and leave him with his passport to get into the terminal.

MJ

Mike, Sorry for not getting back sooner,use Avis code D002807 and you will get the rate of $49.99+ fees = $60.79 for a mini van but a Full Size
Chevrolet Impala is only 49.14 including tax and fees. IMHO packing 7 people in a tight 5 passenger car for a five minute drive is trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter