Driving/ Parking Situation around Sunset Blvd?

Elle23

DIS Veteran
My son was wanting to visit Amoeba Records and some other things nearby while we are in CA. We will be staying onsite at Disneyland. We were planning on going on a Saturday.

I was wondering how the driving/ parking situation is for the area? It is much cheaper to rent a car for the day than to Uber back and forth, but I was concerned about traffic and finding parking.

Can anyone offer some insight about what we can expect?

(I know this isn’t about theme parks, but it for here better than the Disneyland section!)

My son was wanting to visit Amoeba Records and some other things nearby while we are in CA. We will be staying onsite at Disneyland. We were planning on going on a Saturday.

I was wondering how the driving/ parking situation is for the area? It is much cheaper to rent a car for the day than to Uber back and forth, but I was concerned about traffic and finding parking.

(I know this isn’t about theme parks, but it for here better than the Disneyland section!)
There's a parking structure across the street from Amoeba where the Arclight theatres are, you can park and leave your car there. Amoeba does have it's own small parking lot behind and a small garage below that are free but you are only to park there while shopping at Amoeba.

but I was concerned about traffic and finding parking.

You'll hit traffic. Parking around Amoeba is easy. Lot's of it available.

Thanks for the replies!

I feel better about the parking situation. Traffic I can deal with better than stressing over parking.

It is $35 to rent a car for a day vs. $120+ for Uber. So even paying for parking and gas, I think I will still come out way ahead if I rent a car.

What everyone else said, parking is no problem but there will be traffic. Saturday traffic is on and off all day but not nearly as bad as weekday rush hour, and definitely rent the car for that price as you'll be in the traffic even with an Uber.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!