Driving from PA. Need good 1/2 point

AKL 2019

Earning My Ears
Hello fellow DIS fans, although we have driven quite often, we have almost always driven straight thru, well we are getting a little old for that. So, I need some help. Looking for really good hotel 1/2 way between WDW and Allentown, preferably close to 95. Looking for saturday night stay. All help and guidance is very much appreciated.

Scott & Peg

Halfway is around Fayetteville, NC. Do not stop there - two I95 hotel shootings in the past week or so and others in the past. Dunn, NC is nuts from construction.

My recommendation is Wilson or Smithfield, NC or keep driving further south to Santee, SC. Bypass Lumberton, NC and Florence, SC.

I am from the area and visit my parents frequently. :)

Halfway is around Fayetteville, NC. Do not stop there - two I95 hotel shootings in the past week or so and others in the past. Dunn, NC is nuts from construction.

My recommendation is Wilson or Smithfield, NC or keep driving further south to Santee, SC. Bypass Lumberton, NC and Florence, SC.

I am from the area and visit my parents frequently. :)
thank you so much for the information.

A bit more than halfway but we broke up our drive from the Reading PA area by stopping at Savannah GA for a day. Beautiful city.

You might look into the autotrain. We are from Lancaster, PA. We drive to Lorton VA, then the car goes on the train, along with us. You leave at 5 and arrive by 10 the next morning in Sanford.

Hampton Inn in Lumberton, NC or Florence, SC are our go to's when we drive from just outside of Philadelphia.

A bit more than halfway but we broke up our drive from the Reading PA area by stopping at Savannah GA for a day. Beautiful city.
What a great idea. Savannah is gorgeous with so much to do. Take a day down and back to get a snack size serving of sightseeing there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter