Bus or drive to the parks?

• Always bus

• Mostly bus

• Sometimes bus

• Never bus

Results are only viewable after voting.

joepoe

DVC BWV 98 OKW 02
Thought I would post a poll to see how it breaks down. We are "bus" people ourselves, even if we have a car. I think the time it takes to walk to your car, drive, park, wait for and take a tram, and then maybe a monorail on top of that provides little or no advatntage to the bus system, especially when we are beat at the end of the day. We let the "chauffer" drive, or take the boats to MGM, or walk to Epcot when at BWV.

We always use the quickest WDW transportation to the major parks, but we like to drive to the water parks & DTD. Smaller parking lots and quicker escape at the end of the day!

Bus most of the time, sometimes we take a car (if we have one) to Animal Kingdom or the water parks especially if we just miss the bus

Thanks
jaysue

MK is the only park I'll take bus to (or boat if we're at VWL) because it drops right out front- no tram car to TTC, TTC boat or mono to the park.

we always bus but bought at bcv so we could walk too no transport required:D

When we stay at OKW, we mostly drive, the only exception is to MK at night when we expect big crowds to leave at the same time (after Spectro & fireworks), it's easier to just hop the bus. At BWV, we use the boat or walk to Epcot & MGM, sometimes bus to MK, always drive to AK & DD.

Well, I voted 'never bus'. This was the closest answer, as the only occasion we take the bus is for those long, late Pleasure Island nights. :cool:

PS- That does not mean I drive all the time. I also use boats, and monorails. :cool:

we use the bus sometimes to go to MK. but we are leaning toward more and more just using our car. it is much faster especially with 2 strollers.

We use Disney transportation (bus, boat, monorail) for the most part. We use our feet to go to Epcot and MGM when we stay at BWV. :p

We might drive to AK next year from BWV since we had a bad experience the last time we made that trip (well over an hour from start to finish). But then again, we even enjoy waiting at the bus stops and talking to other guests....so we'll probably wait again. :)

The real question is whether those that have access to a car drive or use the bus. Many use the bus because they don't have a car or to save the extra expense.

The real question is whether those that have access to a car drive or use the bus. Many use the bus because they don't have a car or to save the extra expense.

It's not a question of expense for us. We always use a towncar service so a rental car wouldn't be that much more. Even when we do have a need for a car (heading to Port Canaveral or visiting relatives), we never use it for park visits. Driving is one less "real world" hassle that we want to deal with while on vacation.

Another reason why we use the bus most of the time is that it helps build a sense of community for my older DS (3 1/2) so he can chat to people and see other people travelling to the same place

Thanks
jaysue

Originally posted by Maistre Gracey
Well, I voted 'never bus'. This was the closest answer, as the only occasion we take the bus is for those long, late Pleasure Island nights. :cool:

Long and Late my Aunt Fannie.....don't you mean "drunken" Pleasure Island nites?

I hear you like to play drinking games with the Colonel.

We drive except for those "long and late" Pleasure Island nites too. Just don't ask us where we park.;)

Originally posted by anniet
Long and Late my Aunt Fannie.....don't you mean "drunken" Pleasure Island nites?

I hear you like to play drinking games with the Colonel.

We drive except for those "long and late" Pleasure Island nites too. Just don't ask us where we park.;)
Toooo funny!!!! :teeth:

We take our care almost everywhere, except the MK, where there's no advantage since you have to go to the TTC anyway. It's so much easier to tote all the baby gear in your car. But mainly, I hate waiting for buses. BWV is the worst for that.

jodiefla, that was exactly what happened last time. We used to take the buses all the time until our last Feb. trip when we stayed at BWV. With 2 strollers, by the time the bus came, it was completely packed with no seats. I have to carry my younger one and asked my older one (4yo) to stand next to me while DH held 2 strollers, a diaper bag and everthing else. That was the last time we rode the bus. We started driving to the parks.

We tried the MK bus again last May while we stayed at Swan. However, with the # of stops the bus had (Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC, and then BWV), it took much longer to get to MK than parking at TTC and then take the ferry. So that was the absolute last time we took the bus.

We used to take the bus all the time. To me, it is like trying out the 2-br, I no longer want to stay in a studio, once we started renting a car and driving around WDW, we don't want to take the bus anymore.

I vote for using the car, especially if you have small children and/or strollers. Waiting for the bus isn't much fun and Buses can be standing room only at times, with kids and strollers it can be real drag. I'd be willing to bet you'll get back to your resort faster by car and much more comfortablly.

I just don't understand bus people. I find the car so much easier, so much more convinient, so much more flexible. Stopping at the store, heading to this resort for dinner, that one for breakfast, valet at the GF, breakfast there and spend the day in MK. Park in Epcot early, monorail to the MK, stop for dinner at a monorail resort, head back to Epcot, spend the evenng there and drive back home.

I just could not be bothered waiting for a bus, standing, or worse yet, being guilted into giving my seat for a preggo or a blue hair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter