Drive Time from Atlanta?

mchames

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Desperate times cal
This will be our first time driving to WDW. We usually fly. MapQuest lists approximate driving time as 6hrs 47min. This seems low to me, I thought the drive time was closer to 8 hours.

How long has it taken you to drive from Atlanta? Any suggestions on best route to take? Anyone travel recently that can tell me of any road construction that needs to avoided or at least considered in calculating drive time?

Thanks for all your help.
Mary :)

WE LEAVE IN SEVEN DAYS!!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We live on the south side. Our record id 5 hrs 30 minutes from our house to the Downdown disney (non-stop leaving 3am with wife driving and me scanning for bogey's). That was in June with the contruction. 6.5-7 hours drive time is more realistic. Add in your stops.

I find that MapQuest always assume you drive a little slower than most people do. On a short drive, the times can be way off. On a longer drive, they can be a little closer, since all the times you'll stop for gas and food will about even it out.

It takes us 8 hours, and we drive from Greenville, SC. We don't go through Atlanta; we take 95 instead. But I know someone who goes through Atlanta because she has family along the way, and it takes her about 9 hours. Since it takes us about 3 hours to get to the Atlanta airport from here, I think that estimate is about right.

We live right off I-75 just over the GA line. there is still major construction in Tift,Turner, Crisp and Dooley counties.. That will slow you down some..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter