Drinks in the Park...

STLDisney_Freak

Proud Marching Band, Winter Guard, Choir Mom
I don't know if this is where I should post this, but it has to do with beverages so I thought it was a good place. :goodvibes

We went to our local Six Flags park last Saturday (St Louis) and we normally buy the giant mug type cup which I believe is 32oz that can be refilled for 99 cents each time. If anyone has been to Six Flags recently you will probably know what I'm talking about...

Anyway, I refilled this cup/mug at least 7 times I know because my daughters kept drinking and drinking. Does Disney have any type of mug or cup like this? If not, does anyone know how much drinks are in the park because I'm gonna be a broken momma just on drinks. :eek:

To the best of my limited knowledge, there is no re-fillable mugs in the parks themselves. You can get a mug for the resorts at WDW but they are no good in the parks.

Drinks are expensive, $3 for water or soda. But I know you can bring your own water in a small soft side insulated pack. That way you are not paying so much for water (if that is what you want).

You can also bring Crystal Light packets to flavor up the water. You can get a free drink of water at any CS location, pour it into an empty water bottle and mix it.

Hope that helps!

Yep, no refillable mugs at the parks which is a shame. But I suggest brining in bottles of water then buying some of those flavoring packets like crystal light, koo aid, hawaiian punch, etc... It's cheap and it actually tastes better then soda to me anyways.

Bottled water in parks was $2.50; Sodas are closer to $2.00 than $3.00.

You can ask for a free glass of ice water at any counter service location, or use the drinking fountains all over the parks.

You are allowed to bring in small soft-side coolers if you'd like (no glass bottles)

They had them at AK in 2006. I don't know if they still have them. You had a choice of cup toppers. We chose one with tigers on it. We still have it. I don't remember what the cost was, (I am thinking around $8.00) the refills were $1 or $2.

As others have said, the water is free and you can add Crystal Lite, etc. to it if you prefer. We go to DLR a lot and I refuse to pay $3 for drinks so besides the free water and/or ice, my daughter carries her own water bottle on a strap I made and actually prefers the Crystal Lite over soda and I carry a few cans of soda in my bag. It's a little heavy at first but once I drink them it's lighter! :rotfl2: When it's cold I bring tea bags and get free hot water. :)

When we go to WDW we find ourselves drinking a lot of water. If we're on the DDP we get a soda with our meal-that, along with free water, is good for us.

I think AK is the only park that may have refillables.

OMG, a fellow STL person!!! I live about 20 minutes from Six Flags in Washington. We have several of those mugs in my cupboard. Did you ride the new water ride? I would like to know if they have refillable mugs to so I guess I will have to read on, I just got excited to see someone from MO.
:hippie:

Wow, That stinks! Looks like we are gonna be sipping on the water because paying $2 or $3 bucks for each soda could definitely break the bank. Thanks everyone for filling me in on how it works.

saralexander97, We didn't actually go to the water park because I had my camera and my girls forgot their swimming suits. I'm in House Springs, MO so not too far away. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter