Dresses in the parks.

I prefer dress + body glide, or shorts. I personally feel like dress + shorts loses the dress-breeze advantage, lol. I carry the body glide in my park bag to reapply as necessary (after a VERY bad experience at AK once... lmao.)

Let me guess...after getting drenched on Kali? :scratchin

Thank you, OP, for starting this thread. I can't tell you how much better I feel knowing I'm not the only one who suffers from thigh burns at Disney! Yes, I've tried Body Glide but it isn't foolproof. I found spanx/biker shorts to be warm but the only thing that truly works for me. I thought I was the only one wearing them under my clothes. So glad to know other women have this problem, too. Feeling much better about wearing the 2 new sundresses I bought yesterday for our upcoming trip.

I wore dresses at WDW on my first trip in 2006 but since then I couldn't be bothered. I wore Lycra leggings underneath that stopped just above my knees but when it was really hot and I was sweaty I was so uncomfortable but it did not my thighs chafing.

Now I just wear denim shorts or cropped leggings during the day and leave most of my dresses at home. I may bring one dress from Planet Hollywood on a night but that's it. Like this year, all i'm taking for a two week trip is 2 denim shorts, 5 tank tops and 2 cropped leggings. i plan to wash everything on site so I'm coming with nearly an empty suitcase. Last year I over packed and struggled to bring home my Jim shore tradition figurines!

I wear dresses to the Disney parks all the time - I feel so self concious in shorts (they're really not flattering on me!) and I love wearing pretty dresses. I sometimes worry I look too 'dressed up' for Disney but I seriously find dresses so much more comfortable and cool to wear. I also like to feel like a Princess when I'm around all the beautiful Belle's/Ariel's etc!

I never wear shorts under them and do sometimes have issues getting on space mountain but as long as you keep a hold of the dress you should be able to cover yourself - wearing a dress at Busch Gardens, however, is a different matter completely!

Whatever you decide, please wear shorts under your dress. Women don't think you flash, but you do! And relax. You don't look good in shorts? No one cares. The only women who get laughed at are the women who wear heels!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter