Dresses in the parks.

Wow I'm pretty surprised that ppl actually where dresses to Disney parks with nothing underneath...and I agree with the sanitary issue. Yuck

Umm ... If your dress is still on and your bits are touching things, there's either something wrong with your dress or something dreadfully wrong with your bits.

I mean, most of us are pretty naked under our clothes.

I think I'm missing something. Someone put up a picture of this sanitary hazard!

Just speaking as the average guy behind you in line for Space Mountain...

How bout you just go with whatever's comfortable. Don't worry about us, we're fine either way. In fact, don't feel pressured to wear anything under there at all. I can speak for most of the guys behind you in Space Mountain when I say, being flashed is not the end of the world, we're tough, we can take it.

Oh and by the way ... When you going?

AAaand...:rotfl2:Under skirt short sales just skyrocketed

i bought some Fila wicking shorts to wear . I usually wear leggings or something anyway because of chasing small kids around anytime I wear skirts or dresses but i loved these ! Tried them out with a dress last week and I think ill prob get more just for around here. I wear spanx sometimes too with dresses - then leggings over but I may lose that combo and just do the wicking shorts.

I've wondered about wearing dresses. Why do some of your wear both shorts and dresses though? Couldn't you just wear the shorts? (And I don't mean the spandex things!)

I'm curious because I might want to wear a summer dress myself sometime.

I wear dresses because they are more comfortable. Even with little stretchy shorts on underneath I'm am cooler. I also feel less restricted in a dress than shorts...especially after a day of eating on the deluxe dining plan. :-)

I wear dresses mostly with biking shorts or ligenrie shorts. Never had a problem with chaffing and it's comfy and cool.

I usually wear one or two dresses just to look fancy. I wear my shortest shorts so that my dress covers them from showing. I make sure they are nice and comfortable.

Katie

I've been wearing maxis, though they might not be cool enough for certain days.

Love this post. Arriving Sun. And have on my shopping list to get some of these bottoms. I bought yrs ago at walmart from danskin. Cotton biker shorts. Are the other brands cotton based? As i would use it as undies too. Cotton with a bit of spandex. The jockey look nice are they cotton?

When the weather gets warm and I put away the tights under my dresses, I switch to boxers, since I walk at least three miles a day. They're cool and comfortable, and I think they're cute.

I've wondered about wearing dresses. Why do some of your wear both shorts and dresses though? Couldn't you just wear the shorts? (And I don't mean the spandex things!)

I'm curious because I might want to wear a summer dress myself sometime.

Modesty and vanity, mostly.

Spandex shorts are not terribly flattering on me any more. After two kids I have lumps and bumps I'd rather not flash to the world.

Regular denim or canvas shorts only go with t-shirts or blouses, and can get a bit hot and sweaty. Plus, that's what I wear everyday. Sometimes you want to feel a bit special, when you're on vacation.

Dresses, on the other hand, are adorable on me. Especially short ones - I want to make the most of my legs, while I still love them!

And dresses are comfortable and breezy, so very nice on a hot day.

Now, bike shorts under a dress are a perfect combination. I can wear cute short dresses. I never have to worry about a gust of wind flipping my hem up. I can climb in and out of anything without worrying about traumatizing small children. I can feel sexy and still be practical about it.

As for the previous poster who claims she likes to go commando in the parks... I'm going to assume she wears reasonably tight weave, absorbent dresses that go at least down to her knees. Because I know if I tried that, my naked derriere would be all over things whenever I sat down. I can pull my dresses down under my butt when I sit, but the back only comes to just under my thighs and I feel like my collar is being yanked. Like I said, I like my dresses short. So, since I'm already wearing shorts, I can feel free to park myself on any seat and let my dress look after itself.

(Not to mention, I'm sincerely hoping the previous poster changes her long cotton dresses every day and washes them like she'd wash underwear - in very hot water.)

I only wear dresses and skirts (I absolutely hate shorts) and I hate my knees (dislocating and spraining them has made me hate them) so I wear leggings under my dresses and skirts. Usually, they fall just below the knee and they're lightweight and comfortable. I wear leggings all year round. I love them. :thumbsup2

I love wearing sundresses or skirts in the parks. So much more comfortable than capris or shorts. I wear bike shorts underneath. I have tried wearing a culotte-type slip (very old fashioned item), but bike shorts are much more comfortable.

A benefit to dresses and bike shorts is that they dry very quickly if you get lucky on Kali River or Splash Mountain.

Someone mentioned "Body Glide" to prevent chafing. It's great. It's also good if you get hot spots (that become blisters if ignored) on your feet.

Finally decided on wearing breathable lightweight summer dresses in the parks with flip flops. My question is what (if anything) should I wear under them? I feel like only elementary school girls wear shorts under their dresses..lol But I kind of like the idea of not flashing the person behind me in space mountain. What do the women that wear dresses do? (sorry if this is a silly question):sad2:

I'm sitting here at work in my work dress with Under Armour shorts underneath! I'm 100% for shorts under dresses. I would wear them. I'd much rather flash someone with my shorts than my panties!

I've wondered about wearing dresses. Why do some of your wear both shorts and dresses though? Couldn't you just wear the shorts?

I could. I often do. But I like the way dresses look. And if we're not talking strictly WDW, shorts aren't appropriate for my workplace.

Thanks everyone! I have a couple biker shorts so ill def bring them and ill buy some of those jockeys too or cotton with a little spandex shorts! This is why I love the DIS!

Oh I bought Band-aid brand stick for my feet so I don't get blisters. I think its similar to bodyglide

cobright said:
Just speaking as the average guy behind you in line for Space Mountain...

How bout you just go with whatever's comfortable. Don't worry about us, we're fine either way. In fact, don't feel pressured to wear anything under there at all. I can speak for most of the guys behind you in Space Mountain when I say, being flashed is not the end of the world, we're tough, we can take it.

Oh and by the way ... When you going?

Lol

So you are wearing very short dresses, like mini dresses? Otherwise if it is a knee length or longer dress you are pulling it up to your waist to get into the pockets of your shorts? I think that is what he is visualizing, a maxi dress with shorts. Some shorts are bulkier than others.

They're cotton summer dresses. Probably too mid thigh. I got then when I was pregnant to wear as shirts rotfl but now I just like them. They hide my cubby stomach and thighs so I feel more comfortable wen with jean shorts underneath. To each their own and all that. And yes I pull it up to reach in my pocket. I have a bunch of long/big tank tops as well that go just past my shorts. Just more comfortable for me that way. And like I said before I hate carrying anything so I have the stroller for all my stuff and my pockets for my phone and cards. :shrugs:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Love this post. Arriving Sun. And have on my shopping list to get some of these bottoms. I bought yrs ago at walmart from danskin. Cotton biker shorts. Are the other brands cotton based? As i would use it as undies too. Cotton with a bit of spandex. The jockey look nice are they cotton?

They're nylon and spandex, not cotton but they have a nice feel to them and breathe well. They're not constricting at all either unlike a lot of biker shorts. Officially they are undies but I usually wear them over my normal panties. They're comfortable both ways though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter