Dress code for kids at dinners

disneydawn

Mouseketeer
What is appropriate for my DS age 6 to wear to the dinners? Girls are easy since they have lots of sundresses. Does he need to wear pants or are nice shorts and a polo ok? Thanks!

hello.

My son wore pants and a pullover shirt to the dinners onboard ship. When we ate breakfast at the sit down instead of the buffet he wore what he was going to wear for the day and that was shorts. A gentleman at our table wore only shorts for all dinner meals and said how uncomfortable he felt because of him being one of only a few wearing shorts because that was all he packed. I recommend a pair of lightweight pants for dinner.

Here's what Disney says about this:

<i>Originally posted on DCL's web site</i>

<b><font face='Verdana' size='1' color='#990000'>Are children expected to follow the same dress code as adults?</font></b><br><font face='Verdana' size='1' color='#333333'>Each parent or guardian would be the best judge of what attire is appropriate for our youngest cruisers. Guests who are age 13 or older would probably be most comfortable wearing attire similar to what is recommended above for all the ship's passengers.
</font>

Right after Easter JC Penneys puts all their suits on sale. You could pick one up for about $20. They have traditional suits and dress pant/shirt/vest combo's that would be equally appropriate for a younger kid.

Anne

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest