Dremwvr's Planning Journal - Canceled.

Dremwvr

Mouseketeer
Hi Ladies,

I have been reading everyones planning journals and thought that it was about time I make my own. Thanks for letting me steal some wonderful ideas and I hope you get some new ideas from me too!

Planning Journal Start -----------------------------------------------------

Everything began October 2006 when my best friends got engaged (I introduced them to each other) The day Aaron proposed to Nellie, she asked if I would be her maid of honor. Gladly, I accepted and started to diet the next day.

A few months went by and I was losing the extra few pounds with a bunch more to go. I worked (and am still) hard to take off some weight. On December 18th 2006, I had just had the day from .........Not heaven. Larry asked if I wanted to open a early Christmas present. Now Christmas is not my favorite holiday and quite often I just want to get the day over with. So I start looking for a present to give him (as an exchange of early christmas) and was looking for one that I wanted to open early. I chose one for him and he went into the storage room and grabbed the most beautiful present ever. (I guess I didn't get to pick my own) I started to open it and it was a little stuffed bear. - First thought in my head was...great what am I going to use a stuffed animal for, until I saw the zipper in the stomach and he was on a knee right in front of me then it was ..:scratchin I opened the bear and found the box and opened it and he asked if I would marry him. Of course I did a little :banana: dance for joy.

larryspics025lh6.jpg

Now, not only am I helping my best friend plan her wedding but I have my own to think of as well. Actually it makes many things easier. There are items she had planned that made it easier to get mine into place. Also I requested about 25 invitation magazines and when I was done handed them to her so she wouldn't have to send off for them and have that long wait.

As soon as I was engaged I knew that I wanted my wedding at Disney the question was should it be at Disneyland or Disney world. Since the majority of me family are closer to Disneyland, that became the decision.

In January I went down and looked at locations and got the ball rolling. I didn't make any firm decisions except what I wanted and to get the contrat filled in. Later in February Larry and I went to Disneyland and confirmed all the places and date. The date is December 1, 2007 at 11:30 am at the Rose Court Garden with a luncheon in the garden room.

disneyhotelgazebosmall1el4.jpg

We Decided right away after seeing a ton of pictures I would be going with the photographer Joe Lumaya, check out his work.
www.Lumayaphotography.com

I will add more a little later.

I love your ring, cause its the same...only round. Although, I perfer the princess cut!

Adding more pictures and ideas I had.
Since my wedding is in December, I really wanted to add snow to the ground like this.
weddingsnowfz5.jpg

Here is my flower girl dress

173ivoryaasg1.jpg

and back
173ivorybbby9.jpg

One thing I love is red high heels. So every girl in my wedding party is going to be in red high heels - the flower girl will be in ruby red slippers from the wizard of oz.

Here are my heels.
redhighheelssn9.jpg

Flower girl red shoes
4998402202dae4.jpg

Here are some more pictures.

This is what I chose to be the bridesmaid dresses in cherry and ivory

bridesmaiddressru6.jpg

Here is my dress.

img0512nd7.jpg

and a close up on the detail

img0514tf1.jpg

the flower girl basket

892ry2.jpg

Toasting flutes (I plan on tying some ribbon or something to the stem)

a0cd1th4.jpg

Drinking goblets

5ba71ye2.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement It really helps to know there are other brides interested in your wedding plans!!

So behind the scene (pictures) In February I was assigned the wedding planner Jennifer Paulo. Right off the bat I was having issues with her, but I put my feelings to the side and gave her many chances. Over four months, I had only one other occurance with her. When it came to my save the dates that are sent out by disney, she told me that she was to busy to deal with me and I was helped by her secretary. Then when I had a few quick questions about what I can and can't have at the ceremony, I sent her an email. When I didn't get a response within 2 weeks I re-sent the same message. I was completely frustrated at this point and I really felt like I had no one to turn to in my wedding from...H-E-Double hockey sticks. I gave her another week and finally got half of a response. She emailed me back but refused to answer any questions.

I made Larry call the Manager for Disneyland's wedding division and he had a nice chat with Denny (since I was past the point of angry) I was assigned a new Sales manager - Kelly Feeney. I then left for my bachelorette party so I have not contacted her but the future is looking up for the wedding planning.

Since my best friend and I are both getting married this year, we chose to have a shared bachelorette party in Sin City. It actually was a bachelor/bachelorette party because we made a big group of it and the boys went and did their thing while the girls did our own thing. Then there were times we did things together.

Here are some pictures of us in Sin City

Larry and I are in the white and black shirts Nel and Aaron (MOH and BM) are in Blue.
camera162eu1.jpg

and a romantic gondola ride

camera252ml7.jpg

We stayed at the Strasophere, and everyone had a great time. After four days of gambling and fun it was hard to go home.

I have a questions for those of you planning, and recent brides. One of my challenges is my father passed away 2 years ago. I want to be able to preserve his memory without making a memorial picture display. I am afraid seeing his picture would send me into a worldwind of tears. Have any Ideas?

I have a questions for those of you planning, and recent brides. One of my challenges is my father passed away 2 years ago. I want to be able to preserve his memory without making a memorial picture display. I am afraid seeing his picture would send me into a worldwind of tears. Have any Ideas?

I'm sorry for your loss. One of the nicest things I've heard of is incorporating something into your bouquet. It could be a small object of his or something symbolic of him. Or even a single flower that you know is there "for him". Also, by putting something in your bouquet, he is "walking you down the aisle", in a way. I agree with you that a memorial picture might be too much, too upsetting. I know it would be for me. I'd want to go with something more subtle.

I am sorry for the loss of your dad. Mine passed away 5 years ago so that is something I am not really looking forward to dealing with on the wedding day. Apparently my sister (the MOH) and my fiance have already discussed contingency plans to deal with my crying. Hopefully it won't be that bad!

I didn't really like the idea of having a flower on a chair for my dad so I have chosen to incorporate red roses into my bouquet as my way of remembering him. I really didn't know what to do in my dads honour until my sister brought up the idea of the roses. When each of us were born, my dad bought my mom red roses. He bought a dozen for my older sister, two dozen for me, three dozen for my younger sister and four dozen when my little brother was born.

My sisters are my two bridesmaids and they will each be carrying a rose wand. My older sister and Maid of Honour will have a 4 rose wand with one red rose and three cream colored roses. My younger sister will have the three rose wand done all in red roses. The ribbons will be a cream/champagne color to match the ribbon on their dresses. My brother will be wearing a boutonierre with 4 spray red roses.

Anyway...that is just my idea. If there was a special flower your dad used to give your mom you could incorporate it into your bouquet. I also found these small photos frames to attach to your bouquet that might be a nice option.

PhotoFrames.jpg

I found them on this website:

http://can.weddingstar.com/search/?keyword=frame&result=14&

This is just an update on the very few things I have accomplished this week. I talked to my planner, Kelly, and I scheduled my details planning for June 19th. (So watch for a big update then)

But in the mean time I got my brick replica today in the mail. Disneyland allows you to sponser a brick that is layed on the entrance to Disneyland and California Adventure. I thought what a wonderful way to leave my mark would be to put our wedding date and names on a brick. I ordered the small replica to have my own brick as well. Luckily the brick will be layed sometime in August so we can have a picture standing by it in our wedding attire.

Here is a picture of my replica:

camera355af9.jpg

Don't you just love Larry's reflection....:rotfl2:

My DF is very creative. I have been trying to come up with creative ideas that give my wedding a unique feel from the seven other weddings I will be attending this year.

So he came up with a mickey head card box idea and we put our creative minds together and here it is. I am trying to decide if I am going to put silver cording around the card slot to make it somewhat stand out so people know what it is...

Please let me know what you think.

camera362td5.jpg

and from the top (with the card slot)

camera363bb2.jpg

I was also thinking about painting the word Cards on the front, but hadn't decided yet. Also Since I made two, (incase one gets damaged in the shipping process) I was thinking if both made it putting a black bowtie on one and a white bow with a veil on the other.

I love your planning journal so far!!! Your dress is gorgeous and I love the idea of the red high heels! Very sexy! ;)

Disneyland is one of my favorite places, so I'm sure your wedding will be amazing! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles with your first planner though... that's just uncalled for! Especially since we brides are already stressed enough just trying to function through the year before our wedding, the last thing we need are rude people not doing their job! Ya know?! :eek:

So your planning session is on June 19th? Do you live in the area or are you going to stay there for a few days? I'll actually be in Disneyland June 21st-25th on a mini vacation to celebrate the first anniversary of our engagement. I'm so excited!!!! How cool would it be to be there at the same time as another DISer??! I can't wait to hear how your session goes, and let me know if you're around... I'll be on the look out! :cool1:

Also, quick question on the bricks... DF and I were engaged in Disneyland (actually at the Grand Californian Hotel) on June 21, 2006 and I'd love to get us a brick to commerate that date for our 1 year anniversary! Can you share any info on how to reserve one?

Awesome job and thanks for your help!!!

My grandfather passed away the year before our wedding; that's what actually spurred us to get married; we had already been together for four years and didn't really care one way or the other, but the idea that people might not be present at our eventual-wedding made us sad. :sad1:

Anyway, I wrote a bit into our vows about honoring those who couldn't be with us and carried my grandfather's hanky with me (it was my something borrowed, as I returned it to my grandmother after the ceremony).

You can see it in my hand here, if you look for it.
Toastingwithcake.jpg

No one really saw it but me, so it was private, but I felt his presence, which was nice.

As for the tears, I had to take a moment when my grandfather's name was mentioned, but was able to focus on how happy he would've been to be there so was able to contain myself. Hopefully you can find something to think of your father as well.

Great journal so far. Am loving the pics. :thumbsup2

hey there, love your shoes! I think they are adorable! and the snow is a cute touch your December wedding.

I love your planning journal so far!!! Your dress is gorgeous and I love the idea of the red high heels! Very sexy! ;)

Disneyland is one of my favorite places, so I'm sure your wedding will be amazing! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles with your first planner though... that's just uncalled for! Especially since we brides are already stressed enough just trying to function through the year before our wedding, the last thing we need are rude people not doing their job! Ya know?! :eek:

So your planning session is on June 19th? Do you live in the area or are you going to stay there for a few days? I'll actually be in Disneyland June 21st-25th on a mini vacation to celebrate the first anniversary of our engagement. I'm so excited!!!! How cool would it be to be there at the same time as another DISer??! I can't wait to hear how your session goes, and let me know if you're around... I'll be on the look out! :cool1:

Also, quick question on the bricks... DF and I were engaged in Disneyland (actually at the Grand Californian Hotel) on June 21, 2006 and I'd love to get us a brick to commerate that date for our 1 year anniversary! Can you share any info on how to reserve one?

Awesome job and thanks for your help!!!

Thank you for the compliments. No we do not live in the area we are traveling down to visit but I am leaving the 20th. I would have loved to meet up with another DISer. I can't wait to have my planning session I really hope to get many decisions finalized.

About the brick, if you go to town hall you can get a pamphlet about designing your brick. It was either $100 or $150 for the brick. The replica was $36 dollars. All you need to do is go to town hall ask for a brick flyer and fill out what you want the brick to say and the images you want on the brick as well. There are only three lines with I think 15 characters per line. Then when they have enough bricks to fill a section, they will put the bricks in. You can put the date you got engaged or your wedding date what is on the brick is completely up to you. Then they will give you a paper to sign saying you are "sponsoring" the brick meaning it is not yours. The bricks are only in the ground for 10 years, then they had plans of pulling them out and replacing with new bricks. But since they have only been doing this for 7 or 8 years they have yet to do anything. The cast memeber that set ours up told us they will most likey send a letter to the sponsor of the brick and ask for a renewal to keep the brick in place.

I hope that answered your questions, if you have any more please feel free to ask.

Purplegirl - Thanks for the great idea. I have his wedding ring that I was thinking about wearing during the ceremony, I just was worried that it would get lost. The other idea I had was incorporating purple flowers in somewhere I just dont know where since it clashes with my wedding colors. While my mom was pregnant with me, he worte a poem about purple flowers, so I was thinking about incorporating the poem in the vows and only the people who know the poem will know the significance.

Just got back from my planning session trip and have TONS of updates.

Day One

We flew to CA in the early morning. Normal flight until DF left my $450 camera on the plane in the seat pocket in front of him. So for the first hour or so, we checked into the hotel, and were on the phone to Horizon/Alaska Air trying to get someone to check the plane where we were seated. However, as planes tend to do, it was in flight, and they couldn't check until it landed. In the mean time, I went and bought a new (less quality but still nice) camera. Luckily they called us back a few hours later letting us know they have the camera and will hold it as baggage claim till we get back. <what a relief>

The rest of the day we just hung out at Disneyland, being tourists.

Day Two

Tuesday, We get a call early in the morning from Horizon baggage claim letting us know they sent the camera back to where we were and we had to pick it up. The rest of the day was spent with wonderful friends in the park.

Now to the good part with pictures.

Day Three

So one thing that Disneyland does differently than Disney World is your Planning Session is broken into two meetings. So, this is my first of the two. Our meeting was at 10am and we were there a little earlier than planned so we took pictures of the sites.

The Ceremony Site

Looking from the Gazebo to the "audience" and where the coach drops me off.

The sign telling public to stay Quiet

Close up of the shubs behind the path of the Coach

Reception room - Garden Room

Patio that is included with the room for Pre-reception

More patio (it wraps around the room)

Surrounding the patio is a series of waterfalls and a coi pond

During the planning session we talked about almost everything under the sun. I was asked so many different questions about flowers and music and food ect. I was pretty tired of answering questions by the end of the day.

The second part of the planning session will be the food and cake tasting, and the settings of the tables.
We put in our cake flavors to taste
cake types - mozart, marble, chocolate, and marble with kaluha soak
fillings - Cream Cheese, white chocolate, dark chocolate, tiramisu

The food part of the tasting will be a lemon chicken and a new york steak with all the salads and sides and desserts that go along with that package.

This part of the planning was scheduled for August 21 at 11 am.

We are going to have snow lining the aisle as well as on the stairs of the gazebo. The chairs will all have a bow on them. inside for the reception the chairs will have white covers and red bows. and the linens will be white with a white crystal overlay on the table. If I would have planned better I would have thought to take a picture of the cystal overlay...next time I will.

The cake I am planning to go with is this one

Only with the Mickey ears topper

I plan on having red rose petals around the cake like this

Next - What happened at home while we were away

During our trip to plan the wedding, a few things unfolded.

First of all, the person I hired to create the image for my wedding invitations sent me an email saying that he was "too busy to make the invitations" so I am back to square one, only down three weeks. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: I asked him to do this job three weeks ago and I would pay him handsomely since I knew he was a recent college grad and looking for work and needing money. Obviously he doesn't need money THAT bad. So I have no plans on invitations and am looking for what I can get with short short notice.

The bubble blowers that everyone bought from walmart and online came in Woot!

And my FMIL notified us that she will be coming down to stay with us for two weeks. Not to mention my MOH will be here one of those weeks too...I only have a two bedroom apartment...where am I going to put people to sleep?!?

ooohhhh...i like the disneyland wedding site...& that sign is jsut addorable...maybe I'll do my VR there(in the future)

Sorry to hear about your invitation crisis...have you thought of making them...some girls have done that & they turn out beautiful...all you need is time & patience .

Your shoes are awesome...i like shoes!!
& the ruby slippers are perfect for the FG

Are they using real snow/ice for your ceremony...thats just SO neat...you have like a fire & Ice theme with the red & snow...pretty cool

I like the card box

Cant wait to hear more & Im glad you got a better planner

GL & congrats

The ceremony site is beautiful!

Your dress is very pretty too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter