Dreams Unlimited Gift Basket

Yes - every person in the stateroom/on the reservation will receive their own mug/bottle.

would just like to say a huge thank you to DU and our agent, Marla, for making our upcoming cruise so wonderful!!!

we have had a rough 2 years, with illnesses, hospitalizations, job losses etc but Marla has been an absolute dream to work with, and has made the experience enjoyable.

So happy that in 10 days, we will be on board the Disney Fantasy, and enjoying our long awaited vacation!

-- and the gift baskets? well, they are just icing on the cake, really :) :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

The DU gift baskets were fairly new when we last cruised in 2012, and I was excited to receive it. The ship had sailed and I saw people with the DU bags but we hadn't gotten ours. I went to guest services and they tried to look into it. Apparently, our gift bag made it to the ship but not to our room. I was a little disappointed, but what can you do. Imagine my surprise when a different gift bag was delivered, sent by DU through DCL since the other one was lost. DU went above and beyond because when we arrived home, DU had also shipped us the regular gift bag with some extras!!!

I have always gotten great service from DU as a travel agent, but what John did for us was just wonderful! I have recommended DU and our TA, Beth Czada, to several people that have booked DCL and WDW with her. Thanks DU, we are looking forward to our next cruise in 2014, and being able to get and use the gift bag on board this time!!! :goodvibes

Any chance of getting some DU love for those who sail out of other ports, such as Vancouver for Alaska cruises?

Or maybe an extra $25 OBC in lieu of basket?

Any chance of getting some DU love for those who sail out of other ports, such as Vancouver for Alaska cruises?

Or maybe an extra $25 OBC in lieu of basket?

The gift baskets are only for cruises departing Port Canaveral (not sure about Miami).

I don't think they'll give an additional OBC in lieu of the gift, they haven't done that for any other sailings since they started giving the gift baskets.

The gift baskets are only for cruises departing Port Canaveral (not sure about Miami).

I don't think they'll give an additional OBC in lieu of the gift, they haven't done that for any other sailings since they started giving the gift baskets.

Thank you, yes, I realize that. I was hoping they would consider it. My money is just as green as those cruisers who sail from the East coast.

#firstworldproblems I suppose! Sounds like the gift baskets are quite nice.

Thank you, yes, I realize that. I was hoping they would consider it. My money is just as green as those cruisers who sail from the East coast.

I think my reply might've sounded a little snarky. I didn't intend it that way. But I do apologise if it came off that way. :flower3:

I just remember last year when DU started the gift baskets and we were booked through them on the Magic's first cruise out of NYC, and we were told the baskets were only for the PC sailings, and I was a little disappointed. But now I have a cruise next year on the Fantasy out of PC, so I hope they continue with them. :)

My money is just as green as other customers of any business. If a department store has a "gift-with-purchase" promotion at one location should I expect another location to somehow compensate me because they weren't offering the same promotion?

It's the way of business. Generally, promotions are run to generate business or build a loyal customer base in a certain area. If the promotion is worthwhile enough for me, I'll go to the other location for it. If not, I won't.

Does it feel crappy that others can get it more easily because it's offered where they go already? Sure. It felt crappy that "Halloween on the High Seas" was offered only on the Dream, and not on the Fantasy (that we paid a whole lot more for!!) too.

Business decisions are made every day that some customers will be happy with and some won't.

Hopefully you will get the chance to sail from Florida at some point. :)

My money is just as green as those cruisers who sail from the East coast.

The baskets are put together by Teresa and the other staff members at the Welcome Center in Port Canaveral which is why they are only delivered to the stateroom of ships leaving PC.

I think my reply might've sounded a little snarky. I didn't intend it that way. But I do apologise if it came off that way. :flower3:

Don't worry about it.

Hopefully you will get the chance to sail from Florida at some point. :)

Agreed!

The baskets are put together by Teresa and the other staff members at the Welcome Center in Port Canaveral which is why they are only delivered to the stateroom of ships leaving PC.

Good point, I didn't realize that. I know DU loves their customers, hopefully one day I can make it down to Florida. I am more mad at DCL for abandoning the West Coast, but that is another thread!

Just wondering, is DU the only agency that sends such a nice treat? Anyone have surprises from other FL agencies?

Dreams Unlimited, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GIFT BASKET!!!

We were on the 12/22 Dream Cruise and found the DU gift bag and the contents very helpful.

Duel Highlighter ++++
Extension Cord ++++
Cups ++++

and as you can see, the fruit snacks were a big hit!

The Castaway Club "gift" pales in comparison to what we received from DU.

Thanks again!!!:thumbsup2

A new cruise bag. How did I miss that news?:confused3
I love the Dreams gift bag too! We enjoyed it on our last cruise and looking forward to getting it again in May.

Wow. I have never been unhappy with my usual TA but now I'm wishing I'd booked through DU. I'm perfectly capable of bringing all that stuff with me but having such a thoughtful gift in the room would be a lovely way to start off the trip.

Just wondering about the "extension cord" in the DU basket. I thought that extension cords were being confiscated from people's luggage? Or is this item actually a "power strip", in which case, I thought that as of a few weeks ago, those too were being confiscated?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter