Dream and (maybe Fantasy) no hot chocolate or chocolate chip cookies on pool deck

anricat

DIS Veteran
We've mostly sailed the Classics and one thing I enjoy on board is the little hot chocolate machine near the drink station where the coffee and hot water (with tea bags) are. Especially in Alaska on the Wonder I had a LOT of hot chocolate. When we were on the Dream last month, I didn't see any hot chocolate at the drinks stations. Is this a seasonal thing or do the Dream and Fantasy not offer it at all?

I was also surprised that I couldn't find any chocolate chip cookies at the quick serve on the pool deck. Yes, I know I can get them at Cabanas (not always open) or via room service (not convenient when I'm already up on deck) but it seems strange that they always had them at Daisy's on the Magic and the Wonder but there were none to be found out on deck on the Dream. I often like to make myself a little ice cream sandwich using ice cream from the soft serve machine with a chocolate chip cookie from Daisy's. When I inquired one of the CMs he seemed baffled, like, why would they have that near the pool quick serve? Then of course he offered to get someone to go track one down for me, which I appreciated, but declined.

I was also surprised that I couldn't find any chocolate chip cookies at the quick serve on the pool deck.
Did they not have them at Fillmore's? I thought we found them there previously (but I could be mis-remembering). I don't remember hot chocolate, but I wasn't looking for it either.

Did they not have them at Fillmore's? I thought we found them there previously (but I could be mis-remembering). I don't remember hot chocolate, but I wasn't looking for it either.
That’s where we got them before. They had fruit and cookies at the wrap station.

That’s where we got them before. They had fruit and cookies at the wrap station.
Did they not have them at Fillmore's?

Yeah, I asked at the fruit/wrap/salad station, which is where they have them on the Classics (Daisy's there). It was a big nope last month on the Dream. The CM seemed legitimately confused that I was even asking.

We got of the Fantasy the first week in June and no cookies at Filmore's. They didn't have cookies or the bagged potato chips up there anymore. My son was disappointed.

Yeah, I asked at the fruit/wrap/salad station, which is where they have them on the Classics (Daisy's there). It was a big nope last month on the Dream. The CM seemed legitimately confused that I was even asking.
That’s very sad. The last time we were on the Fantasy (pre COVID) DD ordered fruit and they insisted that she also take cookies. She didn’t like them. Haha!

I noticed this too in our Feb Fantasy cruise. They did have some hot chocolate at Cabanas though, except by the time I went looking Cabanas was closed and the drink area was roped off. I don't even feel bad I went around and grabbed a packet anyway.

I’m blaming supply chain issues. For anything for the next several years. But we had chocolate packets on the Dream in September - in hot Bahamas.

I keep forgetting to try that cookie ice cream sandwich idea - thanks for the reminder.

Why would they serve hot chocolate on a summer cruise in the Bahamas? :confused3
The same reason they serve hot coffee, hot tea, hot soup...anything hot for that matter - because people like to enjoy it! :) And if that doesn't work for you, then next summer I'm going to be on the Dream in Iceland and if there isn't any hot cocoa, I may consider bringing my own packets.

Have the cookies returned to either the Dream or Fantasy pool deck dining stations?
Not as of last week and it just so happened that we had occasion to speak with the dining room manager about it. We sort of inadvertently made her acquaintance as she had a close friend sailing at the table next to us and would often sit down to eat with her and you know how close those tables are. Anyway, I asked her about it and she said that yes, they used to have them (and also mentioned the chips) but they were sort of grab and go for anyone out where you order the burgers and chicken tenders and such and it made for a big mess of congestion at that food station and that plus the whole grab it yourself concept with Covid made them go away. I implored her to bring them back and she implied that it was above even her pay grade (and this was the woman in charge of EVERY food service place on the ship) and recommended that I add it to the comment card, which I promptly forgot to do on my last night. I haven't done the online survey yet, but I'm hoping for a comment section there.

they were sort of grab and go for anyone out where you order the burgers and chicken tenders and such and it made for a big mess of congestion at that food station and that plus the whole grab it yourself concept with Covid made them go away
Yes, there was always a line at the sandwich/fruit place (and I think that's where they used to be) - so I can see how they made it worse.

Cookies in Cabanas looked heinous so we didn't get any. I did order some from room service one day and they weren't too bad.

I tried a new float - sprite and strawberry soft serve. It was also tasty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter