Downtown District - Earl of Sandwich

It's located in the old LaBrea Bakery location, right adjacent to the Esplanade. Ate there just over a month ago.

They keep saying it will close and have a pop up location, but I haven’t seen anything official about it yet….

It's located in the old LaBrea Bakery location, right adjacent to the Esplanade. Ate there just over a month ago.
Did you like it? We ate in the sit-down area about a month ago and the food was just meh. Wasn't impressed at all.

Food tastes the same. We went in January and a friend wanted the holiday sandwich and enjoyed every bite.

Was definitely open on Sunday. I did not stop there this visit, but I always enjoy the sandwiches and soup from there.

Did you like it? We ate in the sit-down area about a month ago and the food was just meh. Wasn't impressed at all.

Food tastes the same. We went in January and a friend wanted the holiday sandwich and enjoyed every bite.

Yeah, I can't speak for the "Tavern" experience, but the sandwiches are just as good as ever.

I really wish they would stop jerking Earl around over there. They are so popular and yet they just kick them out all the time. I am sure they will get a dedicated space on the western side once all the construction is done, but, man. It's annoying.

I really wish they would stop jerking Earl around over there. They are so popular and yet they just kick them out all the time. I am sure they will get a dedicated space on the western side once all the construction is done, but, man. It's annoying.

Yes, it has already been announced that they will get a new spot in the expansion that is currently being built.

This link may or may not be paywalled.
https://www.ocregister.com/2024/01/22/earl-of-sandwich-rooftop-bar-coming-to-downtown-disney/#:~:text=The fan-favorite Earl of,shopping mall next to Disneyland.

Yes, it has already been announced that they will get a new spot in the expansion that is currently being built.

This link may or may not be paywalled.
https://www.ocregister.com/2024/01/22/earl-of-sandwich-rooftop-bar-coming-to-downtown-disney/#:~:text=The fan-favorite Earl of,shopping mall next to Disneyland.

Well, good! I kind of liked their new location since it was so close to the parks. Sometimes I would ride the monorail down if it was convenient.

Portos is taking the current Earl slot - they are good too, but I can't see myself going ther as often. Earl is at least a once per trip place!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter