"Downgrading" your child

MikeN

Mouseketeer
I have a DS who will be 8 by one month on our Feb cruise. My other DS will be 5. I've been thinking of asking the club to keep my oldest with the 5-7's so that they will be together. I thought I read somewhere that you could do that. My oldest is very outgoing normally, but he didn't make any friends in the club last time :sad1: . Has anyone done this? Do the 8-9's get to do much better stuff?

I think it depends on your 8 year old....the lab and the club are different and which will appeal to your child depends on your child (dress up versus flubber and computers). I know a lot of people like to keep their kids together but I am not always sure that is the kids preference....mine MUCH prefer to do their own things

I am sure you will get a lot of opinions about this
Barb

I was told that if they are within a year of the age grouping for the group then it isnt a problem. My daughter will be 8 on the cruise and she would much rather do the things in the Club than the Lab. And she also prefers to be with her little brother who will be 5 on the trip

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter