Doubletree vs. B Resort?

mel2014

DIS Veteran
We currently have the Doubletree booked for August 17-21 (4 nights) with a Mousesavers deal, which includes free continental breakfast, for $598, with two queen beds and a sofabed. With the current Mousesavers deal, we could get a B Resorts room with a king bed and bunk beds for $496.

Kids are 8 and 10 and our plans are as follows:
(1) Arrive at 11 pm Saturday
(2) Sunday: Rent car from Enterprise at B Resort to visit Kennedy Space Center
(3) Monday: Blizzard Beach plus potential minigolf at Winter Summerland
(4) Tuesday: 3-park day at AK/HS/EP (will be gone from resort from 7 am to 11 pm)
(5) Wednesday: Depart for Universal, where we have a 4-night split on-site stay between the Royal Pacific Resort and Cabana Bay

Pros of B Resort:
Cost
Everyone gets a real bed (kids are not fond of sofabeds)

Pros of Doubletree:
Space -- room size is almost twice that of B Resort
Breakfast

Based on our plans, not sure we will make it to the pool at either place, but they look pretty comparable, and we'll have lots of pool time at Universal.
Since we will have to fend for ourselves for breakfast at Universal, I'm leaning toward keeping the Doubletree just to have 4 mornings of not having to deal with finding breakfast, but not sure that's worth $100, since the continental option is just cold offerings plus Mickey waffles.

My daughter (oldest) slept on sofa bed and said it was fine. We personally loved the space atDoubletree but hubs also has to do some work one of the days, so the extra space was a blessing.
OTOH- since you aren’t really spending time in the room the bunk bed room is nice too, and both my younger kids slept really well. Our room at the B was king/bunk bed with balcony overlooking pool. Thought both rooms we had were quiet
Personally? I’d go with B resort and just keep continental breakfast items in room (you’ll have a car) and I think Bresort has fridge for juices/yogurt. It’d make mornings easier than trying to herd everyone through a breakfast. You can always use the savings on a breakfast at park or resort to get Mickey waffles. Or more mini donuts at Blizzard Beach (seriously- think I spent $60 on those donuts for us, and to take some with us lol)

My two favorite resorts at Disney Springs. I have stayed at each about 5-6 times.

Free breakfast is always a big deal for me but Doubletree we finally stopped counting that as a plus. The hotel has a very small dining room that is used as a "restaurant" space with the continental. You will be seated at a table and a server brings your drinks and then you go get your food. Given the size is small, we have experienced nothing less than 20 minutes to eat and when told 60 minutes we left. We now bring breakfast food items since there is a kitchenette and eat in the room OR go across to the McDonalds for a $1 biscuit. Years ago the continental was great, but they really want you to upgrade and pay for hot breakfast so lately it's been pretty scarce. I would not chose for this particular thing.

Does the Doubletree charge a resort fee? I know the B Resort charges $23 per day for a resort fee.

@HopperFan How would you compare the pools between the two resorts? A nice pool is important for this vacay. I just booked a last minute trip for this weekend and have yet to find accommodation. We are not doing any parks, this is basically an R&R type of trip but the proximity to DS will give us a little bit of mouse time.

The B looks to have the better pool area. However, I can earn points by staying at the DT.

@HopperFan How would you compare the pools between the two resorts? A nice pool is important for this vacay. I just booked a last minute trip for this weekend and have yet to find accommodation. We are not doing any parks, this is basically an R&R type of trip but the proximity to DS will give us a little bit of mouse time.

The B looks to have the better pool area. However, I can earn points by staying at the DT.

As a Hilton person I totally get the points thing.

B Resort pool is better.

Doubletree pool, while slightly styled in shape is fairly basic. They play music but we clearly can hear the traffic on I-4. We've never been when the outdoor bar is open so not sure it's hours. Hot tub sits off to side. It's not large. I would consider it find for a quick cooling dip but as far as spending legit pool time I wouldn't go out of my way.

B Resort has a nice pool reworked when B took over. It has zero entry, some water features and never experienced it crowded. It has really nice lounges all around and each time we have gone there are towels rolled up on lounges making it seem more deluxe. The bar is right there, always been open. You are steps to the quick food items. If you really want it accessible book the patio room. You have an enclosed patio with furniture right off your room, and gate to pool, loved that room. Pool also enclosed so quieter from outside sounds.

As a Hilton person I totally get the points thing.

B Resort pool is better.

Doubletree pool, while slightly styled in shape is fairly basic. They play music but we clearly can hear the traffic on I-4. We've never been when the outdoor bar is open so not sure it's hours. Hot tub sits off to side. It's not large. I would consider it find for a quick cooling dip but as far as spending legit pool time I wouldn't go out of my way.

B Resort has a nice pool reworked when B took over. It has zero entry, some water features and never experienced it crowded. It has really nice lounges all around and each time we have gone there are towels rolled up on lounges making it seem more deluxe. The bar is right there, always been open. You are steps to the quick food items. If you really want it accessible book the patio room. You have an enclosed patio with furniture right off your room, and gate to pool, loved that room. Pool also enclosed so quieter from outside sounds.
Thanks that helps. I very much prefer the resort vibe but I’m not finding anything that fits the budget this time around. The B does fit the budget and is actually the lowest price with everything included. I do have CSR as an option but it comes in at double the price of the B.

Thanks that helps. I very much prefer the resort vibe but I’m not finding anything that fits the budget this time around. The B does fit the budget and is actually the lowest price with everything included. I do have CSR as an option but it comes in at double the price of the B.

Double the price? No way I could get double the value from that and CSR is our favorite onsite resort.

Double the price? No way I could get double the value from that and CSR is our favorite onsite resort.
I just looked at my notes again and I was wrong....it's not double but it is $300 more plus parking, although we could maybe only rent a car for a couple of days instead of length of stay.

We currently have the Doubletree booked for August 17-21 (4 nights) with a Mousesavers deal, which includes free continental breakfast, for $598, with two queen beds and a sofabed. With the current Mousesavers deal, we could get a B Resorts room with a king bed and bunk beds for $496.

(4) Tuesday: 3-park day at AK/HS/EP (will be gone from resort from 7 am to 11 pm)
(5) Wednesday: Depart for Universal, where we have a 4-night split on-site stay between the Royal Pacific Resort and Cabana Bay

Pros of B Resort:
Cost

Pros of Doubletree:
Breakfast

Based on our plans, not sure we will make it to the pool at either place, but they look pretty comparable, and we'll have lots of pool time at Universal.
Since we will have to fend for ourselves for breakfast at Universal, I'm leaning toward keeping the Doubletree just to have 4 mornings of not having to deal with finding breakfast, but not sure that's worth $100, since the continental option is just cold offerings plus Mickey waffles.

Totally do the B resort! For $100, you could easily have continental breakfast in your room, plus have a hot breakfast somewhere at least one of the days, not continental offerings at an overcrowded hotel breakfast buffet. You'll have a car, and Orlando is full of places to grab a bite, even if that's going through a drive-through on the way to the Kennedy center. Stopping at a grocery store for milk, cereal, bagels, etc. means you won't have to expend any effort "finding breakfast" in the mornings. Plus with a 7am start time on your Disney parks day, you'll be too early to partake of the included breakfast at the Doubletree on that day anyway.

You're not going to be in the room long enough for the extra size of the Doubletree to be a big perk, but you'll be so active that a good night's sleep on real beds at the B will be important. At 8 and 10, kids get excited about bunk beds.

Pros of B Resort:
Cost

Pros of Doubletree:
Breakfast

Which room did you go with? we are going jun 2020 and I got a great deal at B resort for the king/bunk with no resort fee. I like the idea of both my boys having their own bed. I also have reservations at Movies but it's slightly higher even once I factor in the parking at the hotel and parks.

Which room did you go with? we are going jun 2020 and I got a great deal at B resort for the king/bunk with no resort fee. I like the idea of both my boys having their own bed. I also have reservations at Movies but it's slightly higher even once I factor in the parking at the hotel and parks.

We ended up at the B Resort. We had a couple of hiccups. We arrived at 11:00 at night. First they gave us our "estimated" cost for our stay and it showed the resort fees even though it said it was the Mousesavers rate. They told me not to worry, that it would be removed at checkout, but I refused to sign it. Then they gave us our room key and we went to the room and discovered they had given us a two queen, not the king/bunk we had booked. We went back to the front desk and they said they didn't have a bunk bed room available and tried to get me to accept a double queen instead for our whole length of stay, with no change in rate or other compensation. After I elevated to the night manager, they agreed to move us to a king/bunk the following day and gave us vouchers for two days of breakfast buffet for our party. The whole process took about an hour to resolve and my kids were already exhausted when we got there, so it wasn't a good start. However, the room itself was great when we got it and the pool was great. The walk from Disney Springs wasn't bad.

Last edited:
We ended up at the B Resort. We had a couple of hiccups. We arrived at 11:00 at night. First they gave us our "estimated" cost for our stay and it showed the resort fees even though it said it was the Mousesavers rate. They told me not to worry, that it would be removed at checkout, but I refused to sign it. Then they gave us our room key and we went to the room and discovered they had given us a two queen, not the king/bunk we had booked. We went back to the front desk and they said they didn't have a bunk bed room available and tried to get me to accept a double queen instead for our whole length of stay, with no change in rate or other compensation. After I elevated to the night manager, they agreed to move us to a king/bunk the following day and gave us vouchers for two days of breakfast buffet for our party. The whole process took about an hour to resolve and my kids were already exhausted when we got there, so it wasn't a good start. However, the room itself was great when we got it and the pool was great. The walk from Disney Springs wasn't bad.
OMG that sucks, we are checking in after a cruise so we should arrive by noon. But thanks for the heads up about the fees and the room. I will make sure ours doesn't show any fees before i sign too.
thanks for the info

I'm glad it worked out. The one night with the two queens was a bummer, but if you'd gone with Doubletree, you'd have been in queen beds for the whole stay.
In my case, DH can't sleep with anyone else in a bed smaller than a king, so we always need to get him a king or make sure there are enough beds for him to have his own. Of course, we have three kids, so we usually need two rooms or a suite anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!