Doubletree Guest Suites in DD

disneybuck

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever stayed there?
If so how was the transportation, pools, rooms?
Oh heck just give me all your info...... Please
Will be there August 19 - 25:bounce:

Great! The room is 625 sq ft, very roomy. It's what you expect from a suite. It is very roomy and super clean.

We didn't eat there, we didn't use their transportation, we only stayed there one night.

When you check in you get free cookies and the kids have their own check in booth where they get a bag of goodies and cookies.

The pool is very nice. They also have a kiddie pool with a small fountain in the middle. By the kiddie pool, there's a couple of hammocks. They also have a playground by the hammocks. The service was excellent. We paid $115 w/ AAA last year Sept.

same here, only stayed there one night because we were relocated from the Doubletree Club down the road (they had no rooms due to pipes burst on 2 floors).

very nice lobby, (kid friendly as Fantasia mentioned), efficient and friendly staff.

didn't use their transportation or pool.
(they do have a Budget rental desk which could be useful if you wanted to rent a car for a day or two to do non-Disney attractions/restaurants)

their rooms are definitely spacious and very clean. but i thought they were rather cold and bland as far as decoration goes. their hallways are incredibly long so if you have a room far from the elevator, it can be kind of a pain.

not to mention the hallway patterns were really dizzying! looked like reflections you get when you look into a mirror reflection of another mirror (don't know if you know what i mean)

the location and grounds and pool are probably much better than the Doubletree Club, but i would've preferred to stay at the Club 'cause i'm one who thinks the whole tropical pineapple motif is kind of cute and welcoming. :) and you still get those yummy cookies at check-in.

btw, this "official" hotel property is the farthest away from Downtown Disney.

hi- we stayed there last august for a week and liked it very much!

the room was spacious and had a seperate bedroom area- the service was good. Pool was very nice and not crowded at all- the kiddie pool was also nice.

we had a rental car so we didn't use the buses. we didn't eat in the restuarant, but we had room service a few times-food was good.

I made the mistake of walking back from disney marketplace one day while my husband and daughter went back to the room in the car. It was SO HOT and the walk was pretty far-keep that in mind.

all in all, i think it was a great value for the suite room!
have fun!

Beka's Mom:D

Originally posted by disneyberry

the location and grounds and pool are probably much better than the Doubletree Club, but i would've preferred to stay at the Club 'cause i'm one who thinks the whole tropical pineapple motif is kind of cute and welcoming. :) and you still get those yummy cookies at check-in.

I love the Club Doubletree! It's always nice & clean, close to Disney, great rates, large rooms, even have a few kids suites, love the lobby & tropical colors!!

Originally posted by CPM

I love the Club Doubletree! It's always nice & clean, close to Disney, great rates, large rooms, even have a few kids suites, love the lobby & tropical colors!!

:bounce: ;) :bounce:

my bf and i refer to the Doubletree Club as "the pineapple"... heh heh
maybe we'll be staying at the pineapple this Oct/Nov, haven't decided yet.

Originally posted by disneyberry

:bounce: ;) :bounce:

my bf and i refer to the Doubletree Club as "the pineapple"... heh heh
maybe we'll be staying at the pineapple this Oct/Nov, haven't decided yet.

My kids also call it the Pineapple hotel! :)
If you go in Oct. look for a discount through Travelscape.com, I got it for $49.00 last Oct., and 59.00 in Nov.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter