double dipping on fp is gone

Some of the perks you mention are the same perks other resorts give as well...so not exclusive to onsite Disney resorts.

What non-Disney resorts offer the Disney Dining plan? Or free parking at the Disney parks? or the +10 ADRs?

The only "other" resorts that get EMH access are SoG, Swan and Dolphin - and while those are not Disney owned, they are not "offsite" either. Shades was a Disney resort until they sold it to the gov't. It's directly across the street from the Polynesian. You don't get much more "on property" than that.

As I made clear in my post - I understand that not everyone, especially on these boards, puts value in these things. That doesn't, however, mean they aren't things offered to on-site Disney guests that aren't offered to offsite guests.

What non-Disney resorts offer the Disney Dining plan? Or free parking at the Disney parks? or the +10 ADRs?

The only "other" resorts that get EMH access are SoG, Swan and Dolphin - and while those are not Disney owned, they are not "offsite" either. Shades was a Disney resort until they sold it to the gov't. It's directly across the street from the Polynesian. You don't get much more "on property" than that.

As I made clear in my post - I understand that not everyone, especially on these boards, puts value in these things. That doesn't, however, mean they aren't things offered to on-site Disney guests that aren't offered to offsite guests.

The keyword you quoted in my post is "some". I did not at any point say "all" the same perks were offered offsite.

I'm already aware of which other resorts also have EMH, but they are not considered onsite (no matter how you define "on property") but they do impact the EMH crowd level for those that are paying onsite rates. So my take is that it decreases what you are calling a perk for onsite because it is not just an "onsite" perk.

I personally think they could do more for onsite guests - which is why I replied to your post in the first place with my take on it. I don't think there are "plenty" of perks and those you get you pay for by paying higher rates than staying offsite.

Why do you stay offsite if you find so much value with onsite? I'm just curious why someone who stays offsite would defend that onsite is so much better. :confused3

wen8jr said:
The keyword you quoted in my post is "some". I did not at any point say "all" the same perks were offered offsite.

I'm already aware of which other resorts also have EMH, but they are not considered onsite (no matter how you define "on property") but they do impact the EMH crowd level for those that are paying onsite rates. So my take is that it decreases what you are calling a perk for onsite because it is not just an "onsite" perk.

I personally think they could do more for onsite guests - which is why I replied to your post in the first place with my take on it. I don't think there are "plenty" of perks and those you get you pay for by paying higher rates than staying offsite.

Why do you stay offsite if you find so much value with onsite? I'm just curious why someone who stays offsite would defend that onsite is so much better. :confused3

Just my take on it, most of the people here have stayed both on and off site and have varying reasons for their choice. I'm not getting into which choice is better but staying onsite does have more perks. Period. Whether you find value in them or not, the bottom line is Disney offers them to onsite only so there are perks. I've stayed onsite and off, and just recently moved a upcoming stay onsite to offsite because it made more sense. But when I do stay onsite, I recognize that I have more advantages than if I'd stayed offsite.

wen8jr said:

Shades isn't entirely offsite. If we didn't have emh there, we would likely stay at a Disney hotel. As it stands, Disney cannot.offer the room size and comfort for the price we get at shades. Shades has deluxe room sizes, deluxe location, great pools (one new, other being renovated now), for 1/4 the cost of any of the monorail resorts. I've been in the all-star rooms, which are the only ones even remotely close to shades' cost/night, and shades' rooms blow them out of the water, esp. in space.

If we did.not qualify to stay at shades, we would stay at a Disney hotel as the perks I mentioned, esp. Emh, are a perk for our family. I don't buy into the idea that where I sleep at night should provide me more or less access to the attractions in the park that all guests pay the same park admission to enjoy. Others do, and that's fine, just as it is ok not to. :confused3

There is also Magical Express and free package delivery. Some people find value in those perks.

I believe that you pay higher rates mostly for location. It's nice to stroll out of your room and take a resort launch to MK.

On 6th day of our 7 day vacation at DW. Have been double dipping FP using our pre-planned FP+ and KTTW cards... AND it's been fantastic!! With a little strategy it can be almost perfect. Overall crowds have been moderate at all parks. Magical time for our family so far:santa:

Just my take on it, most of the people here have stayed both on and off site and have varying reasons for their choice. I'm not getting into which choice is better but staying onsite does have more perks. Period. Whether you find value in them or not, the bottom line is Disney offers them to onsite only so there are perks. I've stayed onsite and off, and just recently moved a upcoming stay onsite to offsite because it made more sense. But when I do stay onsite, I recognize that I have more advantages than if I'd stayed offsite.

You know, the "bottom line" sure is that there are some perks for onsite guests only. Where did I say there weren't? I just demonstrated my opinion about them and what they mean to my family.

I wanted to know what the "plenty" of perks meant in relation to having or not having FP as a perk for onsite guests. EMH is the only park related perk that I can see that would give an advantage to an onsite guest for rides and it just happens that the poster gets EMH anyway at their resort.

• She likes EMH; I don't. In addition I don't see how this is not as unfair as a FP being a perk since with morning EMH it gets people to the parks and in line earlier if they stay onsite.
  • She thinks other onsite only perks are valuable; I don't. I wondered why she doesn't stay onsite to get the perks, she explained and I respect that.
  • Since I'm staying at a Disney Resort only to go to a Disney Park, paying Disney's rate, I see no issue with an onsite guest getting an extra perk at the park when the FP+ saga rolls out; she clearly doesn't support that idea.
Different opinions...that's what makes the world go around. Period. ;)

We check into BWV on NYE! Excited!!

I made FP+ selections; changed TT to Soarin last night and got the exact same time.

Since we have a room only reservation, I also have physical ticket media from WDW. Tickets are linked to the MBs and packed with the MBs.

We also have RFID KTTW room only cards used at SSR in October 2012.

We may get KTTW cards from BWV?

Can we quadruple dip during the busy holiday season? I'll be checking : )) Before I get flamed, I learned about FP strategies from the Disboards. Otherwise, I'd be clueless!

Do we need to quadruple dip? Probably not. My kids are college and high school; they don't need the constant ride entertainment. Besides, we're rope drop people. The FP+ selections are in the evening for 3 out of 5 days. If we are able to pull FP- it's likely we'll give them away.

We are armed and ready!! Super excited!!!

There is also Magical Express and free package delivery. Some people find value in those perks.

I believe that you pay higher rates mostly for location. It's nice to stroll out of your room and take a resort launch to MK.

Yes. Some people love Magical Express. My relatives are like that, they would never stay offsite, they stay where they can stay on-site that fits their budget and needs for that particular trip. They have no interest in driving around Orlando or WDW, they love the fact that they can just take the buses etc everywhere.

On 6th day of our 7 day vacation at DW. Have been double dipping FP using our pre-planned FP+ and KTTW cards... AND it's been fantastic!! With a little strategy it can be almost perfect. Overall crowds have been moderate at all parks. Magical time for our family so far:santa:

That does sound amazing. It was like you were chosen as the Disney family of the week. You will always remember how good this trip was. You got pixie dust and your gift from Santa all mixed up in one huge adventure.

We check into BWV on NYE! Excited!!

I made FP+ selections; changed TT to Soarin last night and got the exact same time.

Since we have a room only reservation, I also have physical ticket media from WDW. Tickets are linked to the MBs and packed with the MBs.

We also have RFID KTTW room only cards used at SSR in October 2012.

We may get KTTW cards from BWV?

Can we quadruple dip during the busy holiday season? I'll be checking : )) Before I get flamed, I learned about FP strategies from the Disboards. Otherwise, I'd be clueless!

Do we need to quadruple dip? Probably not. My kids are college and high school; they don't need the constant ride entertainment. Besides, we're rope drop people. The FP+ selections are in the evening for 3 out of 5 days. If we are able to pull FP- it's likely we'll give them away.

We are armed and ready!! Super excited!!!

Hopefully you don't get flamed. If those work for FP-, more power to you. Disney is screwing Value resorts right now so anything those guests can do to gain the same access as moderates and deluxe the better. It would be bad if everyone was on an equal playing field right now and you did some to exploit a loophole to gain an advantage, but Disney started this unfair practice. I'm at POP this Friday and only have 3 FP+, no KTTW like other resorts (Maybe Kenny the Pirate's FP+ method still works....).

Didn't read all but we literally just left. Double dipping was working fine for me. Not sure why OP had trouble, but heading of post is not true as far as I'm concerned.

Just left this morning and while we were able to double dip using our KTTW cards, we only did so maybe twice. The crowds were relatively low and we had FP+ setup for the rides we wanted to do (or at least thought we wanted to do as my 5 year old became terrified of all rides besides Small World which was closed after the 2nd day). The longest line we waited in was 15 min at Thunder Mtn late yesterday in the FP line because Splash had just gone down. Overall quite a few rides were down here and there this week. More than I noticed in the past but maybe because I was more connected with the MDE and Lines Apps. Still boggles my mind the people willing to spend 90 min in line to ride Peter Pan and other rides when FP / FP+ is available.

Hopefully you don't get flamed. If those work for FP-, more power to you. Disney is screwing Value resorts right now so anything those guests can do to gain the same access as moderates and deluxe the better. It would be bad if everyone was on an equal playing field right now and you did some to exploit a loophole to gain an advantage, but Disney started this unfair practice. I'm at POP this Friday and only have 3 FP+, no KTTW like other resorts (Maybe Kenny the Pirate's FP+ method still works....).

I wish we were gonna be there at the same time! I'd meet you and give you my hard tickets; really! I'm armed and ready out of curiosity. I'm all about testing the loophole : )). As I said before, we'd likely give away our FP-. I love to give away FPs!!!!

You're gonna have a big Disney time!!!!

Ok I stand corrected. It was not working on the weekend right after Thanksgiving when we arrived but started working again Monday. Strange!!

Mother Gothel, I do not mean to offend, but the CM saying they took it away earlier this week....

Others staying onsite have posted about pulling paper FP's right through yesterday, so that conflicts with what you were told. Maybe "they took it away" from Beach Club guests earlier this week? You are the first reporting this. Just trying to know the details.

It looks like it was just a weekend issue. Sorry for not responding sooner. We have been able to get them all week with our annual pass and room keys

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter