Doreen's New Way of Life (comments are welcome)

DoeWDW said:
EDIT: 5 PM
I just got back from the health club - 4 treadie miles in 55:40. I feel great!! :cloud9:

:banana: Wooo Hoooo, Doe!! :banana:
Your time is just getting better and better! WAY TO GO! :cheer2:
Have a great weekend and enjoy your walk with Tracy. :)

:flower: Woo-hoo! You're a walking MACHINE! :cool1: :flower:

Oh, and by the way, did I mention

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :rockband: :rockband:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DOREEN!

:bday: :bday: :bday: :thewave: :thewave: :cake: :cake: :banana:

Let's get the party started! You're such a special person, Doreen, I hope you have an extra-special day.

:hug:,
Erin :shamrock:

Thanks for the party, Erin! :hug:

I earned all 5 smilies again yesterday! princess:

Today is my birthday! I'm 41 years old today. You know, I'm really liking the person I'm becoming! It has been a great year, capped off by doing the half marathon at Disney. This year will be even better - I have so much that I'm looking forward to! ::yes:: Today I will be celebrating me - where I've been, where I am now, and all the wonderful places I'm going. My heart is just overflowing, thinking of all the many wonderful blessings in my life. My WISH friends are at the top of the list! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

This morning will be the usual - laundry, checkbook, etc. This afternoon we'll gather with my family at my parents' house for my birthday dinner. This evening? Well, DS has to work so DD, DH and I will be at home. Who knows what mischief we'll get into! ;)

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! :sunny:

:bday: :cake: :cake: :cake: :bday: :bday: :bday: :cake: :bday: :cake: :dancer: :drinking1 Happy Bithrday Doreen!!!

I just needed to pop in and wish you a happy bday. I hope it is filled with laughter and love. The dancer is as close as I could get to a cabana boy with a margarita.

Have a wonderful day,
Beth

:bday:to you!
:bday:to you!
:bday:dear Doreen!
:bday: to you!

Happy Birthday Doe! I pray that today is a wonderful day for you! Thank you so much for the seeds of encouragement that you plant in my journal and in my heart. May the harvest that you reap be a blessed one! :grouphug:

You have accomplished so much in the past year! I am so proud of you! I can't wait to see what you will accomplish in the year to come!

God's best to you today princess: Doe and every day! :sunny:

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday party!! :love:

Yesterday wasn't exactly on plan but I did make the best choices I could. There was no binging or emotional eating, so I'd call it a success! :cool1: I only earned 2 smilies but that's OK.

I've already been to the grocery store this morning. I have to help at Sunday School. Then it's off to meet Erin for a healthy lunch and a stroll. After that, we head home to chaperone DS and 5-6 friends as they hang out at our house for the evening. Another busy day!

Today, it's back to business.
1. Devotions - not yet.
2. Pills - taken.
3. Water - 1 glass
4. Healthy eating - B = granola & milk. L will be a Subway lc wrap. D will be at home - plenty of stuff in the house since I just returned from the store. :)
5. Exercise - will walk at least 2 miles today.

:rockband: :bday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :bday: :rockband:

Sorry I missed the party yesterday - I hope you had an awesome time! Susan and I went for a 4.2 mile walk yesterday and it felt so good! I hope you and Erin enjoy your walk today!

~Amanda

Hi Doreen,

I hope you had a phenomenal bday weekend. I am also hoping that the presentation goes smoothly today. You are a wonderful person and employee. They are lucky to have you. Remember that.
Have a good day,
Beth

:sunny: Good afternoon, all! :sunny:

Yesterday I had a wonderful time walking & chatting with Erin in the 50+ degree temps and sunny weather - what a gift in February! :cloud9: I earned two smilies for taking my pills and for walking almost 3 miles, but was off plan in all other respects.

I woke up with a horrible headache, achey muscles and fatigue. I called work and told them I wouldn't be in. Then I went back to bed and slept until past noon! :p

I just finished reading "Marathoning for Mortals" and have entered my training schedule into my Palm. I'm going to use the walk/run training schedule which means that during the half I'll be walking 3 minutes and then running 2 minutes.

Today:
1. Devotions - God is evident in the vastness and in the details of nature.
2. Pills - meds yes, vitamins not yet.
3. Water - not nearly enough. I slept all morning so it would be hard to catch up. Instead I'll make my goal 3 16 oz mugs. I'm working on the first.
4. Healthy eating - ummmm, not yet. B and L were off plan. There's a lot of junk food in the house at the moment.
5. Exercise - My schedule calls for 40 minutes of walking 3 minutes and running 1 minute (I think). I'll have to double check the walk/run amounts, but I know there are 40 minutes involved! :p

sorry to hear you are under the weather and stayed home, looks like your feeling better already :) I never read that book but alot of other wishers have, do you feel you need to change your training from last time? still not sure about OC half but you girls are so sweet with your offer, thanks :lovestruc I'll let you know.

Stay on plan to get those smilies and throw out the junk food!

DoeWDW said:
:sunny: Good afternoon, all! :sunny:

Yesterday I had a wonderful time walking & chatting with Erin in the 50+ degree temps and sunny weather - what a gift in February! :cloud9: I earned two smilies for taking my pills and for walking almost 3 miles, but was off plan in all other respects.

I woke up with a horrible headache, achey muscles and fatigue. I called work and told them I wouldn't be in. Then I went back to bed and slept until past noon! :p

I just finished reading "Marathoning for Mortals" and have entered my training schedule into my Palm. I'm going to use the walk/run training schedule which means that during the half I'll be walking 3 minutes and then running 2 minutes.

Today:
1. Devotions - God is evident in the vastness and in the details of nature.
2. Pills - meds yes, vitamins not yet.
3. Water - not nearly enough. I slept all morning so it would be hard to catch up. Instead I'll make my goal 3 16 oz mugs. I'm working on the first.
4. Healthy eating - ummmm, not yet. B and L were off plan. There's a lot of junk food in the house at the moment.
5. Exercise - My schedule calls for 40 minutes of walking 3 minutes and running 1 minute (I think). I'll have to double check the walk/run amounts, but I know there are 40 minutes involved! :p

I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I was a little worried about you this morning and thought - if I don't see her post by dinner I am going to call her! The day is not a total wash! You can still eat a healthy dinner and do your exercise. Don't let an off plan breakfast and lunch spoil the rest of the day. I always do that and then I am aggravated with myself! :earboy2:

~Amanda

Doreen, I am sorry I missed the party, but
princess: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! princess:

You are right - you have made wonderful strides this past year. Just think of what the upcoming year holds for you! I hope you are feeling much better now. :)

Add me to the belated Happy Birthday wishers!!! Sorry to hear you had a rough day today. Hope the sleep felt good and fixes you right up. How did your workout go? Hope it chased your headache away!! Cna't wit to hear that you get all of your smilies tomorrow!! Keep up the good work! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I'm up and dressed, all ready to go to work, but it looks like another day off for me. My carpool driver has to take off to be with her sick daughter. Both my kids were home yesterday, and today DD is ready to go back, but DS still needs to be at home. I'm still not feeling 100% either.

Even though I'm at home, I'll be working on my project for work. Today I'm ready to face it. ::yes:: Haven't touched it yet, though and its already past 10 AM.

Today I will be earning those smilies! (edit 10:30 AM)
1. Devotions - All about asking God to help me use my time wisely and create a simpler, more peaceful life.
2. Pills - taken.
3. Water - working on 1st mug.
4. HEALTHY eating - B = yogurt w/ almonds, snack = 2 cookies :rolleyes:
5. Exercise - need to do a 30 minute crosstraining session.

Hi Doreen - Happy belated birthday! Sorry I missed it. Hope you and your kids get well soon. Have a great day! :sunny:

DoeWDW said:
I'm up and dressed, all ready to go to work, but it looks like another day off for me. My carpool driver has to take off to be with her sick daughter. Both my kids were home yesterday, and today DD is ready to go back, but DS still needs to be at home. I'm still not feeling 100% either.

:wave: Hope you all feel better soon...bummer!

Hope everyone is feeling better real soon! healing :wizard: for the whole household!!!! ;)

Hope you got lots accomplished on that work project too!

TTFN- Sharon :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter