If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead

I'm so envious of your commitment to get out there and run! I've been so lazy lately! I guess it's more exciting when you've got races lined up! Good luck this weekend!!

Can't wait to hear about your race in NOLA. I love that town!
This will be my first time going to NOLA. I am so excited to explore a new city and get beignets after the race!

That gif is amazing by the way lol!!
I thought of you when I picked it out :darth:

I'm so impressed by your ability to get out and run almost every day. I struggle with getting the runs in 3x a week :) Good job!
Thanks! I definitely have my days where I struggle getting out the door but it has become such a routine now for the whole family it almost feels unnatural not to run.

Excited to see how it goes this weekend! No doubt you'll crush it! ::yes::
I hope so :) I am a little worried about the weather 67 is the low and 81 for the high, hopefully it will be shady :cool2:

I guess it's more exciting when you've got races lined up! Good luck this weekend!!
It definitely is more exciting when you have races on the schedule! Thanks :flower:

Great long run paces! So now I know the secret to running faster; run with a hungry husband...noted!!
If only I could get him to do that during races!!

I love NOLA...my college was in New Orleans and I wish I got back more.
Cafe Du Monde beignets are a top 10 food for me...I can just taste them now. Please order an extra bag and eat them for me while you are there. I would greatly appreciate it :)

Thanks for the recommendation I was trying to figure out the best place to get them. And I will be sure to eat a bag just for you :goodvibes

100% Cafe Du Monde. And try to go to the big original location near Jackson Square and the French Market. And sit down at a table to get them instead of To-Go. Eating them hot and fresh while enjoying the scenery is just a little slice of heaven. Sigh....
It's also great at night when it's all lit up too...you should probably go at least 5 times :)!
cafe-du-monde-by-the-french-market-decatur-street-french-quarter-new-amk7ht.jpg

Another vote for Café Du Monde. Amazing. There's a wait sometimes to get a table, but it's so worth it.

If you like oysters at all, this is also the town for you. We mostly liked the ones at Felix's ( http://www.felixs.com/ ) the best. I like them raw okay, but the best is charbroiled and covered in garlic and melted butter. NOM! NOM! NOM!

Not everyone likes NOLA, but I think it is just such an amazing place to visit. It's a very unique location and don't just stay on Bourbon Street (which is fun - don't get me wrong!), but there is so much more to see.

100% Cafe Du Monde. And try to go to the big original location near Jackson Square and the French Market. And sit down at a table to get them instead of To-Go. Eating them hot and fresh while enjoying the scenery is just a little slice of heaven. Sigh....
It's also great at night when it's all lit up too...you should probably go at least 5 times :)!
cafe-du-monde-by-the-french-market-decatur-street-french-quarter-new-amk7ht.jpg
You think they would just let me sleep there instead of having to go back 5 times?

Another vote for Café Du Monde. Amazing. There's a wait sometimes to get a table, but it's so worth it.
This is going to be the highlight of the trip I can tell!!

If you like oysters at all, this is also the town for you. We mostly liked the ones at Felix's ( http://www.felixs.com/ ) the best. I like them raw okay, but the best is charbroiled and covered in garlic and melted butter. NOM! NOM! NOM!
Thanks for the recommendation! I have never had them charbroiled. I grew up on the Chesapeake bay but have only had one once and it was raw (actually ate it as soon as it was pulled up out of the bay) and it was not for me but maybe if it was charbroiled.

don't just stay on Bourbon Street (which is fun - don't get me wrong!), but there is so much more to see.
We are taking our 2 oldest boys so we are planning to go to the WWII museum too.

I have never been to NOLA either- can't wait to hear about your trip and race! HAVE FUN!!! :D
Thanks!

Hey!!! I've just read through all of your journal... Your Dopey recap was awesome you should be so proud of yourself! I am relatively new to running, ran Dopey in 2016 and the DLP half in September. I see we are signed up to the same race weekends this year! I'm doing W&D as well AND my Mam is running with us for the very first time for the 5k! Also I'll be doing the DLP half, I'm actually just writing my trip report now from September.

Your journal is really inspiring and you've got me feeling really motivated after reading it! How long are planning to come to DLP?

Your journal is really inspiring and you've got me feeling really motivated after reading it!
Thanks for reading along! I love that I can motivate people with my journey :lovestruc

I see we are signed up to the same race weekends this year! I'm doing W&D as well AND my Mam is running with us for the very first time for the 5k!
That's too funny! Woohoo for moms running their first runDisney 5ks! I keep telling my mom she is going to get hooked like I am. I am debating on signing up for the half too (if they open more spots) or maybe volunteering again. I mean I am already over there I might as well.

How long are planning to come to DLP?
I am so excited for DLP!!! We are flying overnight Thursday getting in early Friday morning staying at DLP until Monday and then heading to Paris for a couple days before flying home Wednesday. It is going to be a whirlwind of a trip but we didn't want to be away from the kids too long. I have been following your TR and showing it to DH so we can plan. I love all of your pictures!

Thanks for reading along! I love that I can motivate people with my journey :lovestruc

Well you bossed the Disney Marathon!!

That's too funny! Woohoo for moms running their first runDisney 5ks! I keep telling my mom she is going to get hooked like I am. I am debating on signing up for the half too (if they open more spots) or maybe volunteering again. I mean I am already over there I might as well.

We are doing all three races, would be good if you can do another but then again I've heard volunteering is also an awesome experience..

I am so excited for DLP!!! We are flying overnight Thursday getting in early Friday morning staying at DLP until Monday and then heading to Paris for a couple days before flying home Wednesday. It is going to be a whirlwind of a trip but we didn't want to be away from the kids too long. I have been following your TR and showing it to DH so we can plan. I love all of your pictures!

Yah! So exciting! We will be there from the Wednesday to Sunday, last year on Friday the crowds were really low and we got loads done! It's also the 25th Anniversary year this year so that'll be exciting! I was actually back just last weekend and they're doing a great job of improving the parks before the anniversary celebrations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter