If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead

Especially if January becomes a thing. I should save for an AP now!!!!
::yes::

Congrats on the PR, woohoo!!!!
Thanks!

I love that last picture, "These Princesses wear running shoes"!!
I was thinking that same quote as they were taking the pictures!!

Are the kids running at Darkside too then?
No kid's races for Darkside. I am only taking DS10 because it is a special trip. @wehrengrizz's DS11 and my DS10 have been pen pals for the past year and they will be meeting for the first time that week. The four of us will be doing the 5k.

Well that's certainly one way to entertain oneself during a race...say weird things about mile markers to confuse people. See belle in her gown and say "look spongebob!" How about sorcerer Mickey "omg it's dumbledore!"

The possibilities are endless.
:lmao: That would be hilarious!! @wehrengrizz we should try that at Darkside

And FYI...you and your kiddos are awesome!
:blush: Thanks

bahahah i'll give you DH's number :rotfl2:

No kid's races for Darkside. I am only taking DS10 because it is a special trip. @wehrengrizz's DS11 and my DS10 have been pen pals for the past year and they will be meeting for the first time that week. The four of us will be doing the 5k.
:cool1::dancer::woohoo::darth::chewy::smickey:all the happy things! Almost time to choose our lunch off the menu for BOG hahaha!
:lmao: That would be hilarious!! @wehrengrizz we should try that at Darkside
I can't figure out if it would make people FREAK OUT :scared1:(this IS Star Wars! ;) ) or if our DSes would be the ones to do that:earseek: :faint: Which would probably be even funnier!

Sorry to take over with the emoticon things lol

Those kid race pictures are so great! Your little 3 year old with her tongue sticking out at the finish is so cute. They make adorable princesses as well. Seems like you had just a wonderful trip!

I wonder if the 2 boys will take off without the Moms! Sounds like a fun time!
Hahaha I'm pretty sure that is going to happen.

Those kid race pictures are so great! Your little 3 year old with her tongue sticking out at the finish is so cute. They make adorable princesses as well. Seems like you had just a wonderful trip!
Thanks! I laughed so hard when I saw that picture of DD3. She must have been running with all of her might.

I didn't know you were doing Princess weekend. Well I am glad I got caught up here. Congrats on the 10K and to your daughters! That photo of the three of you is great!

Sounds like you had a great time and now you have a bunch more runDisney race weekends to look forward too!

I didn't know you were doing Princess weekend. Well I am glad I got caught up here. Congrats on the 10K and to your daughters! That photo of the three of you is great!

Sounds like you had a great time and now you have a bunch more runDisney race weekends to look forward too!

It was a last minute race (last minute in runDisney terms atleast) but I'm so glad I decided to do it because we had so much fun. Thanks!

I told myself I was going to cut back on Disney races this year but it's not looking that way is it? Hahaha

It's time for an update:

In exciting news DH told me he wanted to go on a quick getaway in May so we have booked a 3 night Disney cruise to the Bahamas (Watling's Rum I'm coming for you!!). I told DH I was excited to have a vacation that didn't involve a race and his reply was you just said you were going to do the Castaway Cay 5k. :rotfl: I guess it's ingrained in me at this point. Since the cruise is the week after my goal race for this cycle I am looking at it as my celebration for a new PR and one that is going to be under the 2:45 POT cut off!!!

Here is how my running has been going this week:

3/5- 6 mile Long run w/ DH. Everytime I run with him I start out disappointed because he doesn't train nearly as much as I do (maybe 2x a week) but starts out just as strong as me. Then around the halfway point I can see a huge difference and I feel better about my training :laughing: Long run day is also my try to run a hill day so we head over to the bridge. It was a pretty uneventful run and my splits were 14:25, 14:12, 14:22, 13:55, 14:16 & 14:06. My goal pace was 14:23 so not too bad. The fastest mile was when we went from sidewalk to a boardwalk. It's like an instant energy boost and when we got back on the concrete it felt like trying to run through peanut butter.

3/6- 4 miles @ Easy A (15:52) w/ DS10. AKA: A lesson on Voldemort. DS likes to run with me and I think it is because he has a captive audience so he can talk about whatever he wants. That day was all about Voldemort and how he lived and stuff about horcruxes. As you can tell I do not know much about Harry Potter. We just did the usual out and back by the house. My splits were 15:06, 15:14, 15:28, and 15:18.

3/7- 4.5 mile ladder run. I had to run a 1/2 mile warm up (16:50 pace) + 400, 800, 1600, 800, 400 @ speed pace (11:48) with .25 rest intervals (16:50) inbetween and a 1/2 mile cool down (16:50). This was my first attempt at this kind of run and I enjoyed it. With all of the varying distances and paces it went by really fast. My splits were 14:57, 12:48, 12:48, 12:40 & 7:52.

3/8- REST!!

3/9- 5 miles with 2 as a warm up (16:50) + 2.5 @ tempo (12:53) + a 1/2 mile cool down (16:50). I did not want to do this run. By the time DH came home it was dark and a little chilly. The kids still had homework and I just tried coming up with excuses not to go. BUT I knew I would never let myself forget it so I went. It ended up not being as bad as I thought it was going to be and the homework got done while I was out! My splits were 16:15, 15:50, 12:44, 12:40 & 14:25.

I did not want to do this run.

Great job on getting out there for your last run. I always feel especially proud of myself when I complete something I don't really feel like doing.

DS likes to run with me and I think it is because he has a captive audience so he can talk about whatever he wants.

Haha, my daughter is a talker and sometimes I just have to tune her out because it's a never ending story when she gets going.

It sounds like a great week all around especially the part about a romantic Disney cruise getaway in May! I love Disney cruises!

I told DH I was excited to have a vacation that didn't involve a race and his reply was you just said you were going to do the Castaway Cay 5k.
Bahahaha I was seriously not going to be the one to ask "you're really doing DCL and NOT running Castaway Cay?!" :rolleyes1:rotfl: High five to DH
While I question your usage of "a little chilly" I commend your perseverance. Great job going when you don't want to. Second high five to DH for kids' homework being done while you're out running! 2 for 1 bonus! ;)

Love it - - The Voldemort Run!

I like speed days too for the most part, it does seem to go by faster having lots of broken up distances to cover. I think I might copy the ladder speed work similar to what you did for next week.

That sounds awesome and something to really look forward to!
I am so looking forward to it! It will be the first trip where I don't have to watch what I eat or drink because I am racing in over 2 years.

Haha, my daughter is a talker and sometimes I just have to tune her out because it's a never ending story when she gets going.
YES!!! I love spending time with him but sometimes I feel like I am listening to a podcast that I didn't pick LOL. He ran with me last night and the topic was planes of WWII. I usually redirect the conversation (he has Aspergers and that is what the doctor tells us to do) but on running nights I let him go for it. I feel like when he gets older and problems come up he will feel comfortable coming to me if I let him do it now.

While I question your usage of "a little chilly" I commend your perseverance.
Hey low 60s / high 50s is chilly!!! (I would never make it in ND)

We're thinking about one in the fall. That or more DVC points...we shall see.
If you haven't done one I highly recommend it, this will be my 4th and it is probably my favorite way to vacation. I don't own DVC but we have been on the fence for years so I could see how that could be a hard decision.

You need to read Harry Potter. ::yes::

Bring the books with you on your cruise!! :yay:
I always try to read what my kids read but I thought I could get away with watching the movies for Harry Potter. I feel lost when I watch the later movies, so you're probably right I should read the books.

I like speed days too for the most part, it does seem to go by faster having lots of broken up distances to cover. I think I might copy the ladder speed work similar to what you did for next week.
It goes by sooo much faster!! I do an out and back on my weeknight runs and it use to not bother me but lately I dread it. Thankfully on the ladder night I didn't even notice. I have to give credit to @DopeyBadger, he was the one that put the ladder on my training plan.

It's time for an update:

In exciting news DH told me he wanted to go on a quick getaway in May so we have booked a 3 night Disney cruise to the Bahamas (Watling's Rum I'm coming for you!!). I told DH I was excited to have a vacation that didn't involve a race and his reply was you just said you were going to do the Castaway Cay 5k. :rotfl: I guess it's ingrained in me at this point. Since the cruise is the week after my goal race for this cycle I am looking at it as my celebration for a new PR and one that is going to be under the 2:45 POT cut off!!!

Here is how my running has been going this week:

3/5- 6 mile Long run w/ DH. Everytime I run with him I start out disappointed because he doesn't train nearly as much as I do (maybe 2x a week) but starts out just as strong as me. Then around the halfway point I can see a huge difference and I feel better about my training :laughing: Long run day is also my try to run a hill day so we head over to the bridge. It was a pretty uneventful run and my splits were 14:25, 14:12, 14:22, 13:55, 14:16 & 14:06. My goal pace was 14:23 so not too bad. The fastest mile was when we went from sidewalk to a boardwalk. It's like an instant energy boost and when we got back on the concrete it felt like trying to run through peanut butter.

3/6- 4 miles @ Easy A (15:52) w/ DS10. AKA: A lesson on Voldemort. DS likes to run with me and I think it is because he has a captive audience so he can talk about whatever he wants. That day was all about Voldemort and how he lived and stuff about horcruxes. As you can tell I do not know much about Harry Potter. We just did the usual out and back by the house. My splits were 15:06, 15:14, 15:28, and 15:18.

3/7- 4.5 mile ladder run. I had to run a 1/2 mile warm up (16:50 pace) + 400, 800, 1600, 800, 400 @ speed pace (11:48) with .25 rest intervals (16:50) inbetween and a 1/2 mile cool down (16:50). This was my first attempt at this kind of run and I enjoyed it. With all of the varying distances and paces it went by really fast. My splits were 14:57, 12:48, 12:48, 12:40 & 7:52.

3/8- REST!!

3/9- 5 miles with 2 as a warm up (16:50) + 2.5 @ tempo (12:53) + a 1/2 mile cool down (16:50). I did not want to do this run. By the time DH came home it was dark and a little chilly. The kids still had homework and I just tried coming up with excuses not to go. BUT I knew I would never let myself forget it so I went. It ended up not being as bad as I thought it was going to be and the homework got done while I was out! My splits were 16:15, 15:50, 12:44, 12:40 & 14:25.

Great training week! Keep up the great work. And congrats on getting past the ladder speed work. I have found time after time that the ladder is the most difficult speed workout for me. So kudos for getting past it!

This past week hasn't been the most exciting training week but here is the latest update:

3/10- 3 miles @ Easy A (15:52) actual paces: 15:34, 15:16 & 15:22

3/11- 5 miles @ Easy B (14:52) actual paces: 14:50, 14:43, 14:34, 14:45 & 14:28

3/12- 8 miles @ Long Run (14:23) actual paces: 14:20, 14:15, 14:13, 14:20, 14:42, 14:29, 14:20 & 13:59
Also it was daylight saving so...

giphy.gif
For no longer having to run in the dark!!!!

3/13- 3 miles @ Easy A. Paces were 15:02, 14:42 & 14:44

3/14- 4 miles broken into a 1.5 mile WU (16:50) + 2 x 1 mile speed (11:48) w/ .25 rest interval (16:50) in between + .5 CD (16:50) DS10 went with me and the topic of the day was what job he should choose when he goes into the marines. I tried to give him as much feedback and encouragement as I could even though I don't have a clue what jobs are available in the Marines :) My paces were 15:49, 13:41, 12:04, 12:11

3/15- Rest!

3/16- 5 miles- 2 mile WU + 2.5 Tempo (12:53) + .5 CD Actual paces: 16:08, 15:56, 12:50, 12:35 & 14:22

3/17- 3 miles @ Easy A. Paces: 15:18, 14:58 & 14:51

3/18- 3 miles @ Easy B. Paces: 14:39, 14:51 & 14:33

3/19- 4 miles @ Long Run w/ DH. I am going to blame him for running to fast on this one :) He said he was hungry and just wanted to get home. 13:57, 14:06, 13:26, 13:36

3/20- 4 miles @ Easy A. Paces: 14:51, 15:07, 14:54, 15:05

The next update should be much more interesting because I will be running the Best Damn Race Half in NOLA this saturday!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter