Door Decorations?

carole88

New Yorker at Heart
Hi Everybody,

Earlier today I visited another cruise board and many postings were about people decorating their cabin door with various ribbons, banners and posters. Is this ever done on the Disney line? If so, what are some things that people have done to deccorate their door?

Thanks,

On passporter.com Jennifer has pictures of the decorations she put on the door during the cruise that Dave won.

She used magnet comoputer paper and printed pictures and words and then cut them out.

It was really cute and I have been trying to think what I could do, but since it is to celebrate my birthday, that seems a little selfserving.:p

Hi disneyeveryyear.

since it is to celebrate my birthday, that seems a little selfserving.

I don't think so. Heck, it's YOUR birthday and YOUR cruise. Enjoy...

During my third cruise on the Magic (May 3rd - May 10th, 2003) I noticed something that really reflected poor judgement and immaturity.

I was passing a cabin door and noticed that someone had placed stickers all over the top portion of the door. Upon closer examination I noted that these were regular stickers and were probably going to be difficult to remove. Judging by their height, this had to have been done by an adult or at least with the assistance of an adult.

Now, I think it's fine if someone wants to "decorate" their cabin door in a non-obtrusive fashion but I think one should respect property that they don’t own. The individual who placed the stickers all over the door obviously could care less about the Stateroom Host or Hostess who has to scrub them off, about the possibility of the door being scratched or damaged in the process, and about the expense involved in cleaning up their childish mess.

I find it sad that scenarios like the above are not the exception in our current society but the expectation.

Hey Bev - you put birthday decorations on your door, I'll put them on mine. It may be easier to find each others rooms that way. Especially after a few sailaway drinks.

I vote you go for it, provided it does not leave marks on the door.
When we traveled in Dec. our family used decorative 'window clings' on the portholes and doors.
As it was Christmas holiday, it really added to the festivity,
not to mention easy to find our cabins in a hall of never ending look alike doors. :cool:

Hi disneyeveryyear!

I think that you should definately put up birthday decorations on your door!

I guess that the doors are metal? I like the idea of using magnetic computer paper to make our own personalized door sign. You could also use fun-tak to put up decorations so that they will not damage the door like stickers would.

Hope you have a very wonderful birthday on your cruise!!!

We plan on doing up our door since we'll be on the Christmas cruise.

Removable decorations only, Of course.

What color are the outer doors, anyway, White?

Jim

Hey, I think decorating the door is a great idea!!! And, if the doors are indeed metal, any small magnets, like you might have holding things on your fridge, they would work, right!!!

We were just on the May 10th Magic and I did decorate my door. It made our stateroom ery easy to find and the kids could easily find it too. I bought some tropical decorations at the party store and just taped them on. I bought a cardboard palm tree and wrotre our names on it and where we were from. Everyone who saw them thought they were very fun! I would definately do it again!:)

When we cruise at Halloween we decorate our door and the hallway area, on the walls nothing to get in the way. We did take everything down before we left.
We've been on other cruise besides Halloween and have seen the doors decorated. The room host don't mind as long as you take it down.
It is a great way to recognize your stateroom since they all look alike.

We did magnets on our February cruise. We had one 8.5"x11" magnet and 4 smaller ones that had the same design as our embarkation t-shirts. The 4 small ones had each of our names on them.

One thing we tried to do as we left the stateroom was to take our name and put it on the inside of the door to let Arturo know whether the stateroom was empty or occupied.

On the 5/17 cruise I decorated our stateroom door with Mickey magnets. It helped me find my cabin. On our friends cabin who have two little boys, I put Mickey magnets and they loved it. They would skip down the hall until they found Mickey on their door and they knew they were home.

Someone actually stole one of my magnets off our door. It was the Mickey magnet with the American Flag on it.

MJ

Stealing your magnet is an awful thing for someone to do. We had a similar episode last year on the Wonder. I bought my daughter a Mickey luggage strap for her suitcase and someone took it when our luggage was in the hall waiting for pick-up the last night. Very sad.

Last year we decorated our door by bringing a metal over the door wreath hanger ( purchased at a dollar store and very thin) and we brought a small wreath about 10 in. from home made out of our state flowers ( fake of course) and then made a sign to go in the center of the wreath saying where we were from and our family name. All these items took almost no space to carry and of course we had no problem identifing our door when coming down the hall.

Knowing that DD was turning 5 on our cruise, I went to the dollar store and found a "congratulations" plastic sign-in banner. I used masking tape and taped it to the door and had a pen attached to it. I wrote a note asking people to add their birthday greetings. I left it up all week and we had fun watching for new signatures.

I also tied a balloon onto the "fish" next to the door. It rested on top of the fish and stuck out about an inch, just enough to make our room super easy to locate! Everything came down easily.

On our 4/26 cruise, we identified ourselves as DIS'ers. I got the lime green Mickey head paint chips from Home Depot and wrote our names on them. I also bought a big bunch of lime green curly ribbon to hang up. Lastly, I bought lime green poster board and cut out the letters D-I-S (the letters were about 6" tall). I used double sided tape to attach everything to the door, and it all came off easily with no tape residue. And it DID make it easier for us to find our room! It was a lot of fun!

If this really and truly "catches on," I can just tell my son that our stateroom will be very easy to spot - simply look for the unadorned door...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter