Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 4

The barrel looks really small to me. I still like the satchel, but now I'm wondering about the strap. The red is definitely my favorite. I'm really hoping that they are everywhere in December, I really don't want to be crazed about it, although I probably will be anyway :rotfl:.

I went back to the original post on the Disney blog:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ollection-arrives-at-disney-parks-in-october/

The one on ebay isn't the barrel, I think it might be a pouchette of some sort...

:wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2:

Oooh, I like this one! I don't think it's a stock photo, since it's taken on a counter, and this was not one of the bags in the announcement photos. I don't think placement will be as big of an issue on these bags, at least not for me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Doon...654?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item519bacb79e

I just realized it's black trim on this one.

That was in the photo from Disney announcing the arrrival. That is the one I referred to as a pouchette. This person never at first tells sizes either. I would love to know what he means by small?:confused3

That was in the photo from Disney announcing the arrrival. That is the one I referred to as a pouchette. This person never at first tells sizes either. I would love to know what he means by small?:confused3

Interesting, I never saw the pouchette, it wasn't in the announcement I saw, you must have seen a better one. I am glad to know there is something between a wristlet and a barrel.

What we need is people at Disney giving us actual pictures with prices, also.
This guy is $50 over the price of the satchel. How much over is he on this small purse. We also haven't seen the barrell yet and it's price. I assume the wristlet is $49, since they all have been.:)

Just found this thread! I bought my first D&B in May. It was the sketch wristlet and I absolutely love it! I always carried a bigger bag and wanted the tassel tote but could not find one with a placement I liked since I wanted a full Tinkerbell! I found the wristlet with a really good placement and decided to buy that to see if I would carry it. Well I am now hooked and only carry that not even a regular size purse anymore. But now I want to get a bigger one but dont know if I am ready for that price...:goodvibes

What we need is people at Disney giving us actual pictures with prices, also.
This guy is $50 over the price of the satchel. How much over is he on this small purse. We also haven't seen the barrell yet and it's price. I assume the wristlet is $49, since they all have been.:)

Totally agree.. We need to know actual prices. Of course most prizes on eBay might be higher on the first available bags since this is the new print.

The barrel looks really small to me. I still like the satchel, but now I'm wondering about the strap. The red is definitely my favorite. I'm really hoping that they are everywhere in December, I really don't want to be crazed about it, although I probably will be anyway :rotfl:.

I went back to the original post on the Disney blog:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ollection-arrives-at-disney-parks-in-october/

The one on ebay isn't the barrel, I think it might be a pouchette of some sort...

I also like the red the best. I am going in Jan. and I really think I need to make this decision in person. I want to wait also because I have over $100 in visa reward points to be able to use then. Please let us know after you go what you think of the strap, etc.:)

After two weeks of waiting, my 40th checkbook/wallet finally arrived from WDW. I am so disappointed in placement. The front is plain; there's no characters on the front, not even mouse ears. It's definitely going back. :sad1:

After two weeks of waiting, my 40th checkbook/wallet finally arrived from WDW. I am so disappointed in placement. The front is plain; there's no characters on the front, not even mouse ears. It's definitely going back. :sad1:

Oh, that is too bad. I am so sorry. There is nothing like waiting for these to then be so dissapointed. But, you are right to send it back. These are way too much money to not be completely satisfied.:sad2:

Just found this thread! I bought my first D&B in May. It was the sketch wristlet and I absolutely love it! I always carried a bigger bag and wanted the tassel tote but could not find one with a placement I liked since I wanted a full Tinkerbell! I found the wristlet with a really good placement and decided to buy that to see if I would carry it. Well I am now hooked and only carry that not even a regular size purse anymore. But now I want to get a bigger one but dont know if I am ready for that price...:goodvibes

:welcome:

I have to admit I was worried for you.

Wallets are hard to find good placement on, and they're so darn expensive, it's hard to settle for just OK. I swear I looked at dozens of them over several months before I found one that really spoke to me.

So sorry you didn't get lucky though.

It's not uncommon for new D&B patterns to show up at WDW before we ever see them at DLR, but I'm planning on popping over tomorrow to check it out anyway. If they're here I'll take pictures and post prices. :thumbsup2

So sorry about your poor placement :sad2:

... just thought I'd share pics of my 40th Anniversary letter carrier bag :lovestruc

dooney01.jpg
dooney02.jpg

Before sending it back, you may want to post pictures either here and/or on the Facebook page. Lots of people are looking for wallets (including me), and what one person considers poor placement another may love. We're all looking for different things. Just a suggestion! :)

Before sending it back, you may want to post pictures either here and/or on the Facebook page. Lots of people are looking for wallets (including me), and what one person considers poor placement another may love. We're all looking for different things. Just a suggestion! :)

::yes::

The more I look at the comic bag, the more I agree with those that say that placement is really important on this one, also. If I end up with one, and I am sure I will:lmao: I am glad I will be able to pick it out for myself. Or at least see the actual purse in a picture before buying it. I personally like Minnie as Princess so would want that prominent. Like the one in the pics here bought the other night on the first day they were available.:thumbsup2

Comic bags up on ebay. I heard the first wristlet went for $53 but ones left are in the $70 range and all "stock" photos

Comic bags up on ebay. I heard the first wristlet went for $53 but ones left are in the $70 range and all "stock" photos

The fewer comic bags on ebay the higher the price will be. Supply and demand.. and a bit of disney dooney addiction always gets the price to be higher. Be patient and I'm sure you will find a decently priced bag.:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter