DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! A Spring Break TR---Final Thoughts 5/5

Michelle, I am super impressed that you already have your first update up! :thumbsup2 Can't believe that man was heating up his leftover Red Lobster -- ewww! First of all, who wants to eat that for breakfast and second of all, did he not think the other guests might not appreciate it! :eek:

Woo hoo for your room being ready so quickly. I always like unloading everything before heading to a park! Was this your first time staying at Riverside?

Can't believe how crazy busy it was at the MK! A long wait for IASW says it all! Your firework pictures turned out very pretty!

Shocker, I can't believe you don't like Dinosaur! We all love it at our house! :laughing:

Hey Michelle! :wave: Sorry I'm a bit late to the party.

Looks like beautiful weather so far. :thumbsup2 And great pictures of Wishes! :goodvibes

IMG_0204.jpg

I :love: this pic!!

GREAT Wishes pics!! I can't believe those were taken in Auto mode! Makes me even more excited about taking mine! :yay:

EWW!!!!! About the seafood for breakfast! I would have had to leave the room. I can't STAND the smell of seafood. We very rarely eat at Red Lobster or any other seafood place because I just can't stomach the smell.

It sounds like you had a productive afternoon at the MK! I wouldn't have waited in that line for IASW. :rolleyes1 I would be glad to never ride it again. :laughing: But I love Dinosaur! :lovestruc

I can't wait for more!

I'm here Michelle! And Im so excited to read all about your trip :goodvibes Great start! I imagine you guys were pretty tired after two days of traveling and a late night in the parks - I can't wait to hear what this "other idea" from one of your group members was! popcorn::

LOL at that Dinosaur picture! I would be so scared if I had to ride it alone! :scared1:

And I don't know how I didn't realize you were an Alabama fan too...I posted this on Becky's PTR because I thought she'd appreciate it. I just got this email from the Disney Store and they now have collegiate t-shirts! Sadly they don't have Michigan :mad: (where my dad went to law school). Thought you might like this!

http://www.disneystore.com/womens-apparel-vee-neck-university-of-alabama-mickey-mouse-tee-for-women/p/1263596/308500/

I hope you don't mind that I'm joining in. I've seen you on other trip reports I have followed (soonergirl, that's nice, etc.).

Hey found your TR from another TR so I'm joing in to hear about spring break at Disney. I have never been there in March before... crowds scare me:scared1:

:headache: DOH! How did I miss this? Here now and going back to read!!

Your fireworks pictures are stunning! Remind me of what camera you have (did you just get a new one? Everyones PTR's are blurring together in my mind :) )

Hoping the drama is short lived!

Me too! Not the loving part, but the scaring part!

On some other thread I was reading, a mother was asking about her 5 year old daughter riding this. She wanted to know how scary the ride was. Some guy posted about his wife riding it----Wound up she was the last ride of the day, and ended up being the ONLY PERSON riding in her vehicle. :eek: Check out this photopass pic ---

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=35002158&postcount=25

I think this is how I would look if I had to ride that all by myself! :scared1:

Oh MAN. MAN. :scared1: That is both horrifying... and hysterical. :lmao:

Well, I am back and ready to start this trip report. Afterall, I only have less than two months, before I'm back! :banana:

The Cast:

My two daughters, Elizabeth and Rachel, and myself:

IMGP1809.jpg

AND....

my sister, Kelly, and her two youngest---Reese and Meg.

IMGP1706_1.jpg

IMGP1708_1.jpg

We were at Disney March 19--25 and stayed at POR this trip.

More to come later! I promise!

LINKS

We're off! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36004899&postcount=20

Magic Kingdom 3/19 http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36004952&postcount=22

I'm here and can't wait to read all the details!

Subscribing - So far loving it:thumbsup2 Except that nasty Red Lobster Guy :eek:What the Hey My husband is allergic to shellfish. This would not have been a good thing - not at all

You photos are great BTW :goodvibes

Thanks! :welcome: to my trip report.

I really thought the red lobster thing was pretty gross. The guy seemed oblivious that he was stinking up the entire lobby. :confused:

Soo glad you started!!

I cannot believe that guy was warming up his LEFTOVERS from RED LOBSTER & eating it for BREAKFAST!! Those words don't mesh well together!! bleh!!

I'm so glad you folks got the building you requested! That's in the Alligator Bayou?! We're staying at POR for 3 nights when we go and I requested a room in Magnolia Bend...is that a good choice? That's wonderful that your room was ready a couple mins. later!! lol!!

Can't wait to see MK!! Great pic of those balloons by the way!! Yay for HM's wait being only 10 mins. :thumbsup2 Boo for IASW being long!!

Wow! You got really great pics of Wishes. Looks like you had a great view! Yay for park hours being extended! must've been really busy! Can't wait to hear more!!

Thanks, Keala! :)

Yes---Red lobster and breakfast-----definitely an oxymoron!

I was glad we got one of the buildings I'd requested, too, and even happier that it was ready quickly after check-in.

We watched Wishes from right in the center of the hub. It was fairly crowded, but seems like we didn't stake out our spot until about 25 minutes before time.

I'm surprised that if Small World had a long line you still were able to get on Peter Pan. That line is almost always ridiculous, except at EMH times.

I always love first installments of a trip, because I can sense that 'beginning of the trip' excitement. :) I aso try to think about what I was doing at the time when someone else was just starting an awesome Disney trip. I'm usually at school, but this time, for your trip start, I was hanging out with Brooklynn on spring break.

We're Dinosaur fans here. Even though that picture of the lady alone is cool, I'm not sure I'd want to ride alone. I got stuck on that ride once, and I know I wouldn't want to be sitting in there all by myself in the dark :eek:

...with dinosaurs. :upsidedow

I was shocked by getting on Peter Pan, too! It does seem like we had to wait in line for about 35 minutes, but I thought that was pretty good for that time of day.

I know you were having fun hanging out with Brooklynn. The only thing better could be hanging out with her and Bella at DisneyWorld! :thumbsup2

I KNOW I wouldn't want to ride Dinosaur all alone! :eek:

Michelle, I am super impressed that you already have your first update up! :thumbsup2 Can't believe that man was heating up his leftover Red Lobster -- ewww! First of all, who wants to eat that for breakfast and second of all, did he not think the other guests might not appreciate it! :eek:

Woo hoo for your room being ready so quickly. I always like unloading everything before heading to a park! Was this your first time staying at Riverside?

Can't believe how crazy busy it was at the MK! A long wait for IASW says it all! Your firework pictures turned out very pretty!

Well, don't be too impressed, Jackie. As I told Wigd---I had a Saturday morning all to myself through the luck of sleepovers for two of my kids and DH and the 3rd kid leaving early to go spend the day with my MIL/FIL.

I have stayed at POR three previous times. Kevin and I stayed there in 2007 for an anniversary weekend trip, with no kids. We stayed there during a family trip in 2008, and then stayed there a couple of days in 2009, before moving over to the Poly. It was my sister's first time to stay there.

It was pretty crowded! :scared1:

Hey Michelle! :wave: Sorry I'm a bit late to the party.

Looks like beautiful weather so far. :thumbsup2 And great pictures of Wishes! :goodvibes

Hi Carissa! :wave2: Glad you're here.

We had nice weather for the most part. That Friday/Saturday was sunny and warm---Rained on Sunday---Cooler on Monday and Tuesday, and then warmed back up to almost 80 on Wednesday. Of course, I came home to rain and temps with the highs in the low-mid 50s. WHAT??? :mad: I thought it was spring time! : :laughing:

I :love: this pic!!

GREAT Wishes pics!! I can't believe those were taken in Auto mode! Makes me even more excited about taking mine! :yay:

EWW!!!!! About the seafood for breakfast! I would have had to leave the room. I can't STAND the smell of seafood. We very rarely eat at Red Lobster or any other seafood place because I just can't stomach the smell.

It sounds like you had a productive afternoon at the MK! I wouldn't have waited in that line for IASW. :rolleyes1 I would be glad to never ride it again. :laughing: But I love Dinosaur! :lovestruc

I can't wait for more!

Thanks, Julia! :thumbsup2 I had seen a picture of the balloons are MeMom's TR, and I thought hers was so pretty. I'm afraid mine didn't turn out nearly as well, but I'll just practice more during my May trip! :yay:

I love some fresh seafood, but I only eat it at the beach, when I know it was caught just that day. But definitely never for breakfast! :eek:

I'm here Michelle! And Im so excited to read all about your trip :goodvibes Great start! I imagine you guys were pretty tired after two days of traveling and a late night in the parks - I can't wait to hear what this "other idea" from one of your group members was! popcorn::

Glad you're here, Courtney! :)

I guess we were tired, but it's one of those times you don't realize how tired you are until you lie down---then it hits you! It was ok......Eventually we got to sleep........................:rolleyes1

LOL at that Dinosaur picture! I would be so scared if I had to ride it alone! :scared1:

And I don't know how I didn't realize you were an Alabama fan too...I posted this on Becky's PTR because I thought she'd appreciate it. I just got this email from the Disney Store and they now have collegiate t-shirts! Sadly they don't have Michigan :mad: (where my dad went to law school). Thought you might like this!

http://www.disneystore.com/womens-apparel-vee-neck-university-of-alabama-mickey-mouse-tee-for-women/p/1263596/308500/

I love that Dinosaur picture, too! :)

Oh, yes, Sarah, We are big 'Bama fans at our house. I love that Mickey/Bama shirt. I'm going to have to order one of those, and probably that kid's shirt for Reid. It was too cute. Thanks for that link! :thumbsup2

I hope you don't mind that I'm joining in. I've seen you on other trip reports I have followed (soonergirl, that's nice, etc.).

Of course I don't mind! :welcome: I'm honored for you to be reading along. I've read a lot of your posts before, as well.

I know what a fan of CSR you are, and might I just add how awesome those new rooms look! We stayed there back in 2003 (during one of the first buy4/get 3 free deals). Of course the rooms weren't renovated then, but I remember how pretty the resort was with all the landscaping. Now I would love to stay there again---queen beds :thumbsup2

Hmmmm....sounds like drama is afoot...:rolleyes1

Oh, there's plenty of drama when there are 5 females traveling together...........................:laughing:

Hey found your TR from another TR so I'm joing in to hear about spring break at Disney. I have never been there in March before... crowds scare me:scared1:

:welcome: This is actully my second trip during spring break. Back in March 2007, my family went, but there was still three weeks until Easter. This trip was a lot more crowded, probably because we were so much closer to Easter.

Of course, nothing compares to New Year's Eve. We were there this past December, and that was the MOST CROWDED time I've ever been at Disney! :crowded::crowded::crowded::crowded::crowded:

Woohoo! I'm here! So glad you started you report! Can't wait to hear more!

Hi Alicia! :wave2: Glad you're here!

:headache: DOH! How did I miss this? Here now and going back to read!!

Your fireworks pictures are stunning! Remind me of what camera you have (did you just get a new one? Everyones PTR's are blurring together in my mind :) )

Hoping the drama is short lived!

Thanks, Katie! :thumbsup2 I completely understand how all our PTRs and TRs begin to run together. I feel like I need to make a cheat sheet to keep up with when I'm posting! :laughing:

I did get a new camera back in Feb. It's a Canon Rebel XSi. I'm loving it! :thumbsup2

Of course I don't mind! :welcome: I'm honored for you to be reading along. I've read a lot of your posts before, as well.

I know what a fan of CSR you are, and might I just add how awesome those new rooms look! We stayed there back in 2003 (during one of the first buy4/get 3 free deals). Of course the rooms weren't renovated then, but I remember how pretty the resort was with all the landscaping. Now I would love to stay there again---queen beds :thumbsup2

Thank you for the welcome. I think you would really like the new decor of the rooms -- it is very nice.

Your daughters are beautiful.

Thank you for the welcome. I think you would really like the new decor of the rooms -- it is very nice.

Your daughters are beautiful.

Thank you, Kathy! :)

From the pictures I've seen of the decor, the rooms look beautiful. I really like the sliding doors that separate the vanity area from the beds. I actually went as far to price out two separate rooms (we have five in our family), just to compare it to the Beach Club, for our May trip. The two bathrooms would be wonderful, with two teenaged daughters! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter