Donald's Defiant Dashers 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura- How'd it go? And let me know how you like the new shoes. Looking for something different to take me beyond 18.

Phil- I'm in SJ & will probably do the Wildwood 1/2. Want to check the route. Not a big fan of running on boardwalk. Haven't decided about R&R yet. Did it last year & really enjoyed it.

6K for me this weekend. Three runs of 2K each. :rotfl2: Okay, I need to run 21K in three months. All at once. Um. Okay. I can do this. Right. :scared:

If anyone is interested, I posted some pics of my race in my WISH journal.

Hope y'all had a good weekend!

I ran off some muscle soreness with a 4k run/hike today on a beautiful trail here in the city. Felt good. Rolled my legs afterwards. Rest day tomorrow - yay! I'm back to work after an extended vacation tomorrow - it's been wonderful to be off, but now I have to get back. My job is super demanding - so hoping I can hit the ground running, and fit in my training, too.

PhillyPhil- I had to laugh at myself. I was reading your post and thinking, "WOW! I'm not sure running this late in a twin pregancy is at ALL good! Wow! Either she is uber-fit and committed, or crazy!". I realize I was mistaken on several accounts! LOL. Congratulations on the upcoming births of your babies. That you PARTNER is carrying. :rotfl:

Haha, yeah I guess I wasn't very clear that I'm not actually carrying the twins!

I'm just busy because I don't want my wife to overdo it so I'm trying to do as much as I can with our toddler while getting my runs in.

Renee: OF COURSE YOU CAN! :thumbsup2

Phil: I'm doing the Philly half (thinking about the Wildwood half)

Shannon: C'mon you know you want to do both of these with me! ;)

I did 7 yesterday morning - was nice & cool for once!
Have a fabulous week everyone!

Maddykins06 said:
Renee: OF COURSE YOU CAN! :thumbsup2

Phil: I'm doing the Philly half (thinking about the Wildwood half)

Shannon: C'mon you know you want to do both of these with me! ;)

I did 7 yesterday morning - was nice & cool for once!
Have a fabulous week everyone!

Do you mean the Rock n Roll & Wildwood? I might do that....

Was adding up cost of taking thee whole family to Wildwood. Ugh. & right before school starts....

Welp, kind of slacked off (but not too much) on my training due to this heat. However, I did get a long run in and a short run (a 5k race on saturday).. That heat was unbearable, but I did finish. Was a good workout. So, right now, i'm trying to get my head back in the game because I got two months until my Nashville HM..

Hey guys! Ran 15 miles on Sunday and I've been hurting the last couple days. I am going to run tomorrow so hopefully that'll go well! Good to hear a couple of you guys are running in the same races that I am in the next few weeks. When I figure out how to on this iPad app I will respond to you individually!

Hey Ducks. Hope everyone's having a great week. Having a hard time getting in gear after 11 miler left me with a wicked sore hip & lower back. Or maybe that was from lifting my almost 4-yr old...

On to another day. 5 tomorrow, core, 5 more...

Counting down to MCM. Can't wait!

Happy hump day everyone!

Good morning Ducks!

Hoping everyone is doing well.

Out with the Galloway training group this morning. 9 miles in the books, and I'm glad we all agreed to start at 0630. Summer in Florida, gotta love it! :)

Everyone - Keep up the great work!

:cool2:

hey everyone!! I have totally slacked here!!

It has been one busy summer as those of you who know me on FaceBook can attest to.
I am making the final arrangements for the ToT 10 miler coming up super soon in both travel arrangements and mileage in my runs.

I expect this to be my last longer run for a little while as I seem to be having nerve issues on one of my legs. once that is taken care of I really want to focus on a coast to coast metal before they decide to take them away!!

Hope this heat and humidity gets better!! Stay hydrated!!!

What an eye opener today! Ran a mile then joined an outdoor bootcamp class. Heart rate went up too high too fast +90+% humidity= nearly threw up & almost passed out! Glad I at least had the sense to stop. Whew. Sticking to the treadmill tomorrow!

Well, the heat held up long enough for me to run 8 miles today.. Was a nice and relaxing run..

I'm heading out shortly for a 10k run. Hope the weather holds. Hot, humid, and overcast now. Got some wicked rain last night. Hope it stays dry for my run. I'd like to get in some cycling for some cross training, too.

Afternoon Ducks!

I got 8 miles in last week. Shooting for 10 this week. The IT band is doing well. Lots of stretching. Old(er) age is heck!

The heat here is killing me. If I don't finish my runs by 7 AM outside, there's no sense in starting them outside. Dreaming of cooler weather again. Sigh. I must admit, I'm kinda glad I'm not doing the ToT 10 miler. The training would be brual here.

Quack on!

Hi all-

Got in about 16 miles this week. I am lacking in cross-training though. I need to get some cycling in and some core and weights. I don't seem to miss many runs but I have been pushing off core and weights and cross training stuff.

The run this morning was 6 miles/10k and it was super humid and pretty hot (just in the 80sF). I sure didn't like the humidity but it was a good run. My knees are a little achy tonight.

Morning Ducks!

Did a 10K this weekend. DH and I ran on Saturday evening around 6:30p which is not our norm. It went better than expected. The new route at his parent's house was hilly, but a nice break from my regular course. Only problem was I had eaten a big/late lunch and around mile 4, I thought I was going to toss my cookies. Lesson learned about big meals too close to race time!

I have been tryng to find a new shoe for a while. I have been wearing New Balance for years, but they are not quite right. In the last 4 months, I have bought a pair of Nikes (hated), Asics (gave me blisters) and Saucony (not awful, but still not right). I finally broke down and got fitted at a specialty shop. Arches passed with flying colors. No inserts for me! Ended up with a pair of Brooks Ghosts. Here's hoping!

It feels like training for the TOT is flying by. Probably because I'm tring not to think about marathon training, which starts immediately after the TOT. :scared1:

Good luck this week!

Jen: I've got Brooks Glycerin - can't wait to hear about the Ghosts!

Renee: Glad to hear the ITB is doing well!

Carolynn: Right there with ya. I've been slacking on the weights too. We'll get there!

Phil: I'm out for the Wildwood half (just don't have it in me, but registered for Philly 1/2)

Was out of commission most of this week w/a stomach bug so 3 miles this morning felt good but SLOW & dehydrating. Onward & upward from here! :thumbsup2
Well...after we come back from Disney next week. ;)

Hi guys!

Maddy- sorry to hear about the stomach bug. Hope you are fully recovered soon.

Jenifred: I hear you about the big meal. I ate curry for lunch before a 7pm lunch and thought that would be enough time in between, but noooooo. Terrible heart burn!

I'd love some advice please:
I am running the TOT race and then a HM Oct 14. My plan is to move right into my full training after that, after a suitable rest period. I'm planning on taking the full really slow, just for enjoyment, but want to build up my distance to give myself the best shot at running the Goofy. My question is this: what should my weeks following my Half look like? How much time should I rest and recover, and when should I build back up? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter