• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dole Whip Nutrition Facts

WoW! Thanks for finding that. I didn realize that the Dole Whip wasn't exclusive to Disney (shoulda figured). Interesting to note that the DW is both Kosher and Gluten free! I'm sure plenty of folks would like to know that.

Thanks again. I'm going to make note of this in my vacation journal so I can at least have an idea of what I am eating !!.................P

I've never had a Dole Whip before... but I'm interested. Are Dole Whips specifically Pineapple?

ACK! Dole Whips have trans fat in them.
Not enough to trigger the nutritional chart, but partially hydrogenated soybean oil is in the list of ingredients.

Excuse me while I go cry..... :sad1:

The serving size for the info is a half cup. What does Disney serve?

The serving size for the info is a half cup. What does Disney serve?

My guess, just from eyeballing it, is more like a cup plus. But then again, there is a hollow section in the middle of it so maybe it's like 3/4 of a cup plus.

As far as I'm concerned all food at Disney is fat and calorie free, so that nutrition info is entirely irrelavant. ;)

After looking at the ingredients, I think I'll stick to the real pineapple pieces that they sell at the Dole Whip stand!

Last time I was there and asked for fresh pineapple, the girl behind the counter said, "Oh, there's only one piece of pineapple left, and you don't want it, it's too small." When I said a small piece would be fine, she gave it to me for free! A small piece of pineapple was actually perfect, since I'm watching my carbs and can't have a lot of fruit at once.

After looking at the ingredients, I think I'll stick to the real pineapple pieces that they sell at the Dole Whip stand!

Last time I was there and asked for fresh pineapple, the girl behind the counter said, "Oh, there's only one piece of pineapple left, and you don't want it, it's too small." When I said a small piece would be fine, she gave it to me for free! A small piece of pineapple was actually perfect, since I'm watching my carbs and can't have a lot of fruit at once.

Actually is you are working with carbs, any EXOTIC fruit is the worse possible fruit to eat because they are higher on the glucimic index then fruits like blueberries and plums. Do pineapple, banannas, anything like that...forget it. Your better off with a fresh apple.

Actually is you are working with carbs, any EXOTIC fruit is the worse possible fruit to eat because they are higher on the glucimic index then fruits like blueberries and plums. Do pineapple, banannas, anything like that...forget it. Your better off with a fresh apple.

I know this is an old post, but it came up in Google when I was searching for carbs in Dole Whip.

Low carb diets don't always adhere to the glycemic index. The one I'm on, the Protein Power Life Plan, looks at carbs only. The problem with the GI is that foods are metabolized differently based on what they are eaten with, but its still an important consideration for people who aren't on a strictly controlled diet.

A 1/2 cup of Dole Whip has either 17 or 18 grams of carbs, and no "fiber" to deduct from that, so its out for most low carb folks. My total carb intake can be no more than 30 grams per day, and they have to be divided over the meals (10 per meal if you are eating 3 meals per day). The spike in my blood glucose level would be pretty high if I ate it, at the same rate as if I took 4.5 teaspoons of table sugar and ate it.

Also on the "do not do" list are those turkey legs; they have something like 1100 calories each. They must be marinated in some solution with a lot of sugar to reach that level of calories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter