Does using ME help with room readiness?

karly05

DIS Veteran - "I found the Snipe!"
OK, weird question. On this year's trip, I got to BC just before 3 pm and my room was ready at check-in. Next year, with any luck, I could be at POFQ between 1 and 2 pm, and am wondering what are the odds of my room being ready (early Feb value season)?

The weird question is - This year, when I got off the ME bus, I was approached by a young lady CM with a clipboard who asked my name, told me I'd been upgraded to club level ( :wizard: ) and took me upstairs - it was like she knew I'd be on the ME bus around then and was watching for me.

If you are arriving by ME, does that mean the resort knows (by your flight time) approximately when you'll be arriving, and would that make it more likely that they would have your room ready?

We've used ME twice now and both times arrived around noon and our rooms were ready for us!! Not sure if it was ME or just plane luck!! The resorts do know when you are arriving-we loved them saying "Welcome home" at BC!!

We don't use ME because we drive up from Ft Myers, but we always arrive around 10-11am and our rooms have always been ready.

I've heard when you use ME, your check-in at the airport alerts the system and they book the next ready room for you. Anytime that I've used ME, no matter what time I arrive at the resort, my room is ready. I love ME!

The resort definitely knows when you check in for ME. Whenever we have stayed CL, a CM has always greeted us as soon as we got off the bus. However, I don't know if it helps with room readiness. We stayed at YC CL in August, checked in around 2:30 pm and our room still wasn't ready at 3 pm.

Seems like yet another reason to be happy that DW has ME. Personally, I love the service and so glad they started it!

:goodvibes

Not really.

The CL greet is supposed to happen regardless of how you get to the resort. With DME they just know when you get on the bus, whereas with other forms, they find out when you pass the security gate.

ME has nothing to do with room readiness or the upgrade. We always rent a car and our room is ready when we check in. The CL person is alerted by the guard at the gate and waiting for us when we pull up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter