• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does the wait list really work?

nicholas 25

Fan of the wild lodge
Doing our usuall last min planning and was only able to book Feb 21st to the 25th next year.We were waitlisted for the 18th to the 21st for a one bedroom anywhere (only thing available for the 21st to the 25th was ssr). I know it is a busy season and fingers are crossed but I can remember a couple of years back, while wait listed during holiday season, calling for someother reason after our original reservation and asking about the dates we were waitlisted on. The cm had those dates available but we were never called on them. Fast foward to last year, when being wait listed again, I never called to check and never got a call from Disney. Does the system work or do I have to be a pest periodicaly? (knowing their computer keeps a log of your calling in). thanks :earboy2:

Keep up the hope, got mine around the 30 day out for Dec. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

Got mine at about 33 days out. Since it was for Nov 30-Dec 4 I was quite pleasantly surprised to get it. There is hope!!!

I have been waiting since the 7 month out date. It is now less than 30 days out and I still haven't heard. I do check occassionally but still no luck. So I think waitlist stinks right now. LOL

had success w/ wait list a couple yrs. ago... kind of surprised it actually worked... :cool1:

but guess also, no guarantees... :confused3

My experience has been pretty good with the waitlist. I only remember once or twice when I didn't get what I waitlisted for. Both times were at BWV - once for a standard studio during Columbus weekend (we got a preferred view instead), and once for a 2BR (we stayed at OKW instead).

I usually book at 11 mos. out and of course get what I want. It's usually when I have relatives joining/not joining us and we have to adjust our plans closer to the trip.

I forgot to add that I don't usually call to check on it. I have gotten calls from them when the waitlist came through.

We have never not had a waitlist come through - some within days - even during the busiest of seasons.

Lora said:
My experience has been pretty good with the waitlist. I only remember once or twice when I didn't get what I waitlisted for. Both times were at BWV - once for a standard studio during Columbus weekend (we got a preferred view instead), and once for a 2BR (we stayed at OKW instead).

I usually book at 11 mos. out and of course get what I want. It's usually when I have relatives joining/not joining us and we have to adjust our plans closer to the trip.

I forgot to add that I don't usually call to check on it. I have gotten calls from them when the waitlist came through.
Thats basically what happened to us , I booked at 11mos for us but then at around 7mos family members decided to come.

poohj80 said:
We have never not had a waitlist come through - some within days - even during the busiest of seasons.
I'm hoping this will be my experience as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter