Does the rent for this house seem reasonable?

Renting a 2 BR house for $900 around here would put me in an area I wouldn't want to live in, so its only reasonable depending on where you live.
How does it compare to other rentals in your area?

Well I've seen alot of 2 bedrooms for rent but their all apartments and I doubt they had over 1200Sq feet of space.
They range from $600 to $880.Some include heat,some don't.
The heating bill alone for that place would be around $200-250 a month for the winter.
I'm going to give the landlord a call and go see the place.He should be able to tell me what heat/utilites average every month.
I'd still like to see the rent more around $800ish.
Debbie

That seems pretty darn good for the size and the fact they'll allow pets AND do short term.

Well I've seen alot of 2 bedrooms for rent but their all apartments and I doubt they had over 1200Sq feet of space.
They range from $600 to $880.Some include heat,some don't.
The heating bill alone for that place would be around $200-250 a month for the winter.
I'm going to give the landlord a call and go see the place.He should be able to tell me what heat/utilites average every month.
I'd still like to see the rent more around $800ish.
Debbie

:wave2:Hello fellow Upstater's. I live downstate now but I grew up in Albany.

Given the prices you stated for apartments I would say its reasonable rent for a house. If you call the gas/electric company you can see about their budget program. Also if there isn't a huge demand for rentals, maybe the lanlord would be willing to discount the rent alittle. Doesn't hurt to ask, or does it? I haven't rented in years.

The house we rented was 2bedroom/1bath in a great neighborhood, but the house was very old. We paid $880/month back in 2005. When we moved out, landlord was renting to the next people for $1000.

Hi RadioFanatic,
I'm 60 miles North of Albany,NY.Not quite as far as Plattsburgh.I'm at Exit 18 off I-87.
Debbie

:wave: Hi Debbie!

Okay, I know exactly where you are. That's not too bad a price. I may try to see if they would take $825-850, but for that area, it's not bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter