Does Test Track need a re-theme?

Yeah it would be nice, but it’s not really necessary. It’s still very popular and it has a sponsor. So long as Chevrolet is giving them money they’re tied to the Test Track theme and there’s really no need to change it up since the wait times are usually over an hour.

It does need something. Agree that RSR is amazing by comparison. The TT2 theming has nothing to do with the track design. The original was far more cool - for it's time. But, things like anti-lock brakes and corrosion resistant door panels are no longer new technology. But - demonstrating those product advances was the purpose of the entire ride. Just slapping Tron theming over the TT1 track is just jarring and doesn't work at all. The whole indoor track needs to be re-designed and the outside track needs to be covered so it doesn't get shut down by lightning.
Also agree that it doesn't need IP - except maybe Cars. But then, how does Cars fit in Epcot? It doesn't.

Actually, the first version of Test Track was more about the history of transportation as I recall and you rode in the typical car on a track like many other amusement park rides. It then changed to the Test Track format and then was again redesigned about 10 yrs ago as others have previously mentioned.

Actually, the first version of Test Track was more about the history of transportation as I recall and you rode in the typical car on a track like many other amusement park rides. It then changed to the Test Track format and then was again redesigned about 10 yrs ago as others have previously mentioned.

Of course, World of Motion was an EPCOT Center opening day attraction and the first attraction in that building. When Test Track replaced it, the entirety of the World of Motion attraction was removed and Test Track was built.

I think absolutely!! Wreck it Ralph deserves an attraction, Suger Rush would be amazing, keep the car design aspect but change the theme match the cars in the movie. Kids would love to ride on peppermint wheels and Candy cars! Add a few animatronics or maybe a headset like Mario Kart at Universal. I can smell it now, so sweet!!!! What other themes would you suggest??
I would love to ride on peppermint wheels and candy cars :drive:

This is a great idea . I’m trying to think of a better location to keep TT …
how much space would this need considering how they shoehorned whatever that Nintendo attraction is at Hollywood Universal in California? Has anybody walked past RocknRoller Coaster lately ? They put in a temporary Cars attraction back there but I‘ m not sure if that is even Open still . What’s going on with Little Mermaid building and that gift shop ? If you think about it Disney probably has lots of locations that are kinda empty . Or a retheming for the Autopia at MK !

I would love to ride on peppermint wheels and candy cars :drive:
that reminds me of the little car that was always in the Very Merry holiday parade on Main Street.And it was always the same guy driving it and he always looked like he was having so much fun ! I think the
L ast time I saw that parade it was a candy crush character driving it !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter