Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Let's take the VQ discussion to the VQ thread to avoid confusion with LL and ILL$ as they function very differently.

Future VQ posts may be deleted.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I believe it's the case where you don't need to be physically in the park at 1PM, but you would have had to scan and enter that park earlier. Your ticket must be 'active' in that park.

This thread doesn't really address VQ's. I would recommend reading the

Virtual Queue/Boarding Group for Tron and Guardians of the Galaxy

thread as it addresses all scenarios VQ related.

As @thanxfornoticin said, you do not physically need to be in the park to try for a 1PM drop BUT, you must have scanned into that park at some point earlier that day to be eligible for the 1PM drop.

@piglet1979 to add to what's said above, sometimes the 1:00 VQ drop for GotG lasts into the afternoon, so it's possible to have opportunity to get it after entering later than 1:00. I just checked MDE, and it's still available right now today! So while you do have to have tapped into Epcot before trying for the 1:00 GotG VQ, you don't always have had to tap in before 1:00 PM.

Thank you. I will read through the other thread.

Can you select the time for your ride when you get into Genie+? I would like to book my first experience before I leave NY on my flight then I should be able to book again when I land as it should be 2 hours after park opening

If you try making your first reservation shortly after they open up for the day, you might be able to snag a mid-afternoon reservation for one of the more popular rides. On our last trip, we bought Genie+ in the airport security line in Texas, scrolled through the offerings, and grabbed Jungle Cruise because it was showing a 3:30 return window at the time.

As stated previously, you can’t select the time, but if you book a time, you can modify it for a different time and it doesn’t reset the clock for the 2 hour rule.

Say you book Jungle Cruise at 7am and get a return time of 10am. You get on your flight at 7:30 and land at 9:30. At 9:30, you can modify for the next available return time, say 5:00pm. So now you have a Jungle Cruise return time of 5pm. At 11:00am (2 hours after park opening), you can book your next selection.

Watch the YouTube channel Earscouts, especially his 27 tips video. He covers this and many other useful tips. His channel has the best G+ tutorials.

As stated previously, you can’t select the time, but if you book a time, you can modify it for a different time and it doesn’t reset the clock for the 2 hour rule.

Say you book Jungle Cruise at 7am and get a return time of 10am. You get on your flight at 7:30 and land at 9:30. At 9:30, you can modify for the next available return time, say 5:00pm. So now you have a Jungle Cruise return time of 5pm. At 11:00am (2 hours after park opening), you can book your next selection.

Watch the YouTube channel Earscouts, especially his 27 tips video. He covers this and many other useful tips. His channel has the best G+ tutorials.
I will watch the you tube video that you recommended. One quick question though, if I get a 10:00 Genie+ time is there a ending time that they will not let me on the attraction? Could I get on anytime after 10:00

Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask. I have one MyDisneyExperience account, with 2 people (A & B) in it. Can A log in from their phone to try for a ILL$ at the same time B logs in from their phone to try for VQ or LL? Will having two people in the system on two devices with one log in cause a problem?

We're really hoping to go on Tron. We're happy to pay for ILL$ or wait for the VQ or use a regular LL (but I don't think that's an option). Once one of us gets access the other will probably stop trying but I'm hoping we don't have to worry about canceling each other out.

Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask. I have one MyDisneyExperience account, with 2 people (A & B) in it. Can A log in from their phone to try for a ILL$ at the same time B logs in from their phone to try for VQ or LL? Will having two people in the system on two devices with one log in cause a problem?

We're really hoping to go on Tron. We're happy to pay for ILL$ or wait for the VQ or use a regular LL (but I don't think that's an option). Once one of us gets access the other will probably stop trying but I'm hoping we don't have to worry about canceling each other out.
Yes, you can both log into MDE from separate devices, no problem. Has been done many times!

Just as the title says, will modifying a Genie+ selection, reset the timer? I was under the impression that it wouldn't and that taking advantage of the modify option is a great way to maximize Genie+, but someone told me that they just traveled 2 weeks ago and each time they modified, it reset their timer. Which is it?

Just as the title says, will modifying a Genie+ selection, reset the timer? I was under the impression that it wouldn't and that taking advantage of the modify option is a great way to maximize Genie+, but someone told me that they just traveled 2 weeks ago and each time they modified, it reset their timer. Which is it?
Please see this post from page 1 of this thread.

Unfortunately it's not a simple 'yes/no' answer so the variations are described below.

MODIFYING LL RESERVATIONS

You are eligible to make a new Genie+ LL reservation whenever one of the following four things occur (special rules apply if the ride goes "down"):

1. You tap into your most recent G+ LL reservation
2. You cancel your most-recent G+ LL reservation
3. Your most-recent G+ reservation expires
4. Two park hours (i.e. hours the park is open) pass since making your most-recent G+ LL reservation

MDE will show the "time" when you can make your next G+ LL reservation. That will be either the expiration time or the two-hour rule time, whichever is earlier. If it originally showed the expiration time and you modify the reservation, it will show a new time, an earlier or later expiration time, depending on whether you moved the reservation earlier or a little later, or the time that is two hours after the reservation was originally made. If MDE originally showed the two-hour rule time and you modify the G+ reservation so the expiration time is earlier than that two-hour time, it will now show the earlier expiration time. If it showed the two-hour rule time and you modify to another time subject to the two-hour rule, there will be no change.

Examples: DHS opens at 9:00. Pre-park opening, you make a G+ reservation for MFSR for 9:35-10:35. MDE will show you can make a new G+ reservation at 10:35. If you modify the reservation to 9:15-10:15, the time shown will change to 10:15 (the new expiration time). If you modify it to 10:10-11:10, the time will change to 11:00, which is two hours after park opening rather than to the expiration time of 11:10.

The notion that the time shown will not change if you modify your reservation is only true if both the old and new reservations are subject to the two-hour rule. That has been true since the ability to modify came into effect. Modifying your reservation from one time that was subject to the two-hour rule to another time that is subject to the two-hour rule does not change the time when you can make your next reservation. Example: At 7:00, you make a G+ reservation for MFSR for 11:30-12:30. You can make your next reservation at 11:00. At 10:05, you modify the return time to 2:00-3:00. You can still make your next reservation at 11:00. You do not have to wait until 12:05 (two hours after making the modification).

The two-hour rule time does not change when you modify a G+ reservation. It is based on when you made the original reservation, not when you modified it. If MDE now shows a different time when you can next book, it is because you have switched from the expiration time to the two-hour time, or vice versa, or the expiration time has been changed.

Helpful link: Modifying LL Reservation

I was at guest services at Disney springs to add hoppers. They told me I cannot book any genie + for my second park I’m hopping to until I have checked into that park.

So we usually do a pool break and then I do genie + stacking when we go back to our park (when doing one park days). But if I cannot book genie plus for my second park until I get there then what is the benefit to having both genie and hopper?

I was at guest services at Disney springs to add hoppers. They told me I cannot book any genie + for my second park I’m hopping to until I have checked into that park.

So we usually do a pool break and then I do genie + stacking when we go back to our park (when doing one park days). But if I cannot book genie plus for my second park until I get there then what is the benefit to having both genie and hopper?
The information you were given is not correct. Nothing has changed so you can continue to stack as you have in the past.

The information you were given is not correct. Nothing has changed so you can continue to stack as you have in the past.
I repeated it back to her and said “is this right?” And she confirmed it was. So I walked away without buying hopper. Thanks for confirming. I will figure out something tomorrow at epcot guest services.

Is Hollywood studios still the "hardest" park to use lightning lane? When I went solo right after genie came out I read and read and read and developed my HS strategy. If you read back far enough on the just back thread you will see me talk about a couple in the bus line having a full on argument after the 7am drop..

Anyway.. I want to take a more chill approach to HS for this trip and soak in the park a bit more, but also want to hit up some favorite rides. I'll buy genie+. We've done rise multiple times on both coasts so I don't plan to splurge on ILL for it. Will ride if the time drops down, but it's not a must.

I'm just kinda wondering the best approach considering we might rope drop coffee.. lmao! We will have early entry. I would like to do SDD at night as we haven't done that before. Does SDD LL
Still go super fast? I was thinking of trying to watch for a night time slot for it and maybe rope drop RR and TT. Hubby doesn't do smugglers so I could do single rider. I want to see the shows as they weren't open when we went last.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter