Does everyone really go back to the hotel mid day?

We always take a break. My family always thinks I'm crazy for planning one, but then thank me later! But we go in the summer and are up early and to bed late. I'd rather spend park time in the cooler parts of the day and stay in the room or the pool in the hot parts.

We did a "commando" trip once when the kids were 7 and 10 and that was fun and exhausting! Now we go more days to make up for the breaks.

We never take a mid-day break and have been going since my boys were 3 & 4 years old. They've always done fine!

Never ever. Ever. Did I say Never? I meant it.

We never return to the hotel during the day. I can't bear to waste all that precious time in transit. If we need a break - we take it in the parks.

We usually take a break, but we tend to get to the parks when they open and then stay until the fireworks are done at 10 or 11. We need the naps to help get our sleep in, and we're happy to go back to the hotel when the parks are most crowded.

In my early Disney Days, we would go all day and "do it all". (We actually did come close to doing it all most times.) We know we're going back now so don't feel the same drive to get it all in. It just means something to look forward to next year.

We rarely go back for a break in the afternoon (rarely meaning I think we did once, maybe twice).... our kids nap in the stroller if they get tired. We stay from open to close and they love every minute of it!

For our family it depends on our mood. Some days we go back for a rest and ther we don't. However, on the days we don't take a rest we stay until about dinner time and then head back to the hotel. We usually do this with AK. We go early in the am, stay until the after the parade and then head back to the hotel for dinner and swimming or relaxing in the room.

If we decide we ant to stay a little longer (say at MK) we do whatyou are suggesting and find someplace to sit in the AC and have a relaxing meal. Usually Pinnochio's in FL where DS can look out the window at the IASW boats going by.

Sorry for the long winded answer.....but the crux is you have to see what works for your family.

I really thought we were all going to but it never happened. The only thing close was Animal Kingdom day everyone was so grumpy we skipped out on Rainforest Cafe and headed back to the hotel early and had pizza delivered. It was the best thing we could have done with the attitudes of the day!

If the park is closing early we'd skip the nap. Just monitor the kids carefully and know when it is time for a quiet place and a snack.

Taking an afternoon break worked when we traveled with friends and their kids. It gave everyone a chance to swim together, take a break from each other or have a nap.....then we would hop to the next park for dinner...

Tried it by ourselves last trip and it was such a waste of time and the pool was cold (in August) and the kids didnt want to go in and it just basically blew that afternoon for no reason.

The thing that works best for us is to get there early, have an earlyish dinner (4 -5 o'clock) and then the parent that is tired (my husband) would take the tired kids back to the resort while the parent that wanted to stay (ME!!!) had some time alone with whichever kid (s) wanted to stay out....it worked out great!!!!

No we never have - we rent a good side by side stroller both seats recline and the girls have napped that way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter