Does everyone on this board always stay in a deluxe resort?

epcotty

Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company
I know a lot of people stay in value/moderate resorts (otherwise Disney wouldn't have them) and also a lot of people stay offsite (otherwise all those hotels would cease to exist) and a lot of people are semi-local and do day trips (what we usually do, Disney gets quite a lot of FL residents). But it seems that there's almost no one on the boards who falls into any category besides deluxe resort people. I don't get the obvious bragging people on here seem to do, it just puts people off who don't stay at those resorts. No, it doesn't make regular people feel inferior or jealous, it just is annoying. It really is a waste of money to require yourself to always stay in deluxe resorts when less expensive ones are perfectly fine. The money could be put to other things. Are there any people here who either stay in value or moderate resorts or stay offsite or do day trips?

Last edited:
I own DVC so yes, I'm usually staying at a DVC resort. And I am not rich (or local), I just happened to buy DVC 14 years ago. when I run out of points I will usually stay at Pop Century. Does that count?

I know a lot of people stay in value resorts (otherwise Disney wouldn't have them) and also a lot of people stay offsite (otherwise all those hotels would cease to exist) and a lot of people are semi-local and do day trips (what we usually do, Disney gets quite a lot of FL residents) but it seems that there's almost no one on the boards who falls into that category. Seems almost no one here would even consider any of those things. I guess this board skews rich or something, but are there any people here who either stay in value resorts or stay offsite or do day trips?
I've stayed in all three levels (4 if you count DVC) of resorts at Disney. I've also stayed off-site for a couple trips. I don't really care what anyone else does, I do what works for us for that particular trip.

We always stay value or off-site because we pinch our pennies to even go every time. That said, I have noticed most people seem to talk about staying deluxe or mod or it could be most values-bound people don't talk about their trips as much. Hard to tell!

I usually stay at value for shorter trips, moderate for a bit longer (when possible). I am probably at POP more than anywhere else, and I have never stayed in a deluxe.

Thanks for the responses. We have stayed in both value and off-site before as well as our usual day trips

really not sure why you feel this way.
personally i usually stay in value resorts.
i've only stayed in a moderate once.
it was coronado springs and i hated it.
if i stay in a moderate again it will be one of the port orleans resorts.
i would also consider staying in a deluxe if either i had that much money to spend or if i did so by renting dvc points.

and as you can see from my signature i've stayed offsite many times.

i've seen many people on disboards that stay in value resorts besides me.

Last edited:
Value 4 times, Moderate 2 times and deluxe 10 times off site twice. Naturally we prefer top end but if it's a Value or nothing, a Value it is. A decision to go off site would be a tough one, The last time we did it we actually drove to Board Walk, our usual resort, valet parked and pretended we were guests there. Pathetic, I know, but true.

Bill From PA

Last edited:
In our last 5 trips we've stayed

--Onsite value
--Split stay between an onsite value and offsite hotel (Holiday Inn DTD--work-related trip, so had to split it)
--Offsite condo
--Split stay between onsite deluxe and Shades of Green
--Offsite condo.

So we're all over the place depending on the type of trip and length of stay. We don't really lock ourselves into anything.

I will say the older we get the more we like spreading out when it's a long trip, so we look at offsite condos that are close to WDW.

OP, if you check out some of the other forums like the Orlando Hotels and Attractions forum, you'll find a wider range of opinions.

I +have visited every year for the past 25 years and always stay in Value. I am out of the room by 7am and we do not return until well into the night. We do nit spend any time at the resort. All Star Music is our home resort and we love it.

I know a lot of people stay in value resorts (otherwise Disney wouldn't have them) and also a lot of people stay offsite (otherwise all those hotels would cease to exist) and a lot of people are semi-local and do day trips (what we usually do, Disney gets quite a lot of FL residents) but it seems that there's almost no one on the boards who falls into that category. Seems almost no one here would even consider any of those things. I guess this board skews rich or something, but are there any people here who either stay in value resorts or stay offsite or do day trips?
What the....

You surely can't be serious if you think no one here stays at the Value Resorts. Have you even bothered to read the Resorts Board?

Personally, we stay on site but we stay in all levels of resorts
We stay on site as we don't like traffic or driving in strange cities, as much as for the "bubble"

Last edited:
I've only stayed onsite one time. Usually do condo's since my in laws owned. But, now that they have passed looking at staying onsite again if I can free dining if not it will be value or rent a house or something. No way I can afford Mod or Deluxe. And I'm not poor, I don't know how people pay $500 a night for a week at GF or Poly. Not me. Maybe one day. LOL! But, still don't know if I could do it. Rather stay cheaper and go on a disney cruise right after.

We always stay deluxe, but we'd rather stay in an off site deluxe than in an on site value. That's just the way it is.

Not sure why your thinking nobody talks about values here. I think values are talked about quite a bit.

I think the resorts are a big part of the experience of a vacation, and for me, I was not as comfortable at the values as I would like, especially compared to off site that costs the same. So I would rather stay off site than a value if that is my price point. But if it was value or no go, I would stay at a value. The nice thing about Disney and Orlando, there are many choices you can make and not be wrong........

to clarify, there are wrong choices on where to stay, so be careful where you choose if you go offsite.

We have stayed at all 3 levels and have enjoyed all of them. Our preference is to stay at Mods, we just feel we get more bang for our buck at there. We do not just use our room to sleep and shower and we take 1-2 resort days during our 9 day trips. We have really no interest at staying off-site, we all love being in the bubble, not needing to drive etc. We do not need a lot of space so we will always pick a value over off-site if it's an all WDW trip.

I've stayed in two value, one moderate (have a trip booked for a split stay a different moderate and Dolphin) most of the deluxe, a couple DVCs and one off site. I'm all over the place although I'll admit I prefer deluxe but only because we love Epcot and HS and being able to walk there and not bus it is the draw. I don't stay in the monorail resorts, I wouldn't say never but I'm pretty sure if that was my only option, I would go with a moderate, only because we don't do MK but half a day and so if I have to bus I'd rather save some money.

I often wonder what threads people have been reading (and what threads they've been ignoring), when questions like this come about. If you're only reading this exact forum, you're not going ot have an idea of where people are staying overall. If you're on the Resorts board you'd see that the values threads have lots of readers. If you read the trip reports, you should see a mix. But you asked on THIS forum, which is the *themepark* planning forum, so this isn't where resorts necessarily get talked about.

We've stayed at all but the non-villa deluxes.

We also own DVC but when we run out of points we stay Value, usually the POP since it is my favorite. When we need to really cut costs we stay at a campgrounds off site.

I live less than 90 minutes away and have an annual pass, so Disney is not often a week long vacation destination. We go anywhere from 3-10 days per month from September to May on day/night trips and rarely stay overnight since the drive home isn't very long. It depends what each thread is about, and I can't speak for everyone similar to my situation, but I usually won't comment/reply if the thread has to do with week long vacations--and there are a good amount of those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter